DayZ in 2020

phil bottle

So yeah, Bohemia released their plans for DayZ in 2020.

Fuck all basically, as they have reduced the amount of people working on it to a skeleton crew.

No mention of bikes or helicopters. 

To say I'm not happy is an understatement. I don't go on the DayZ forums much these days but I've been on there this week and for the first time ever I expressed my doubt that they will ever be implemented and that they have essentially fucked up what could have been a great thing. Broken promises 👏

I'll be going back on later and expressing my opinion that DayZ players have been play-testing the engine for Arma 4 for free. Which is what has happened.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What a mess this entire game has been. I've had it since day one and I look back some old threads and it just highlights what a calamity development has been throughout. Bohemia have the staff and they have the money so I'm not sure why this project has been so neglected and/or poorly managed. Dean Hall leaving early on, nobody knowing what is going on, roadmap being put back, broken promises, delays. internal restructuring, engine changeover, console port distraction etc...so much has happened and I still can't work out if the final version is anything more than an alpha still.  

They did make a lot of progress in recent times granted but I have to wonder now if they are winding down because the money just isn't coming in. This game still needs so much more and the potential is huge but people are long fed up.

Yeah the sad thing is, we only wanted a standalone version so there was no need to run it off Arma 2, a standalone where they could fix the bugs, that's all.

It was almost perfect, other than the zeds running through walls sometimes and leg breaks while climbing ladders. And desync [emoji41]

The mod got me back into gaming, it was that special.

I know so many people who would go back to it if it had the original features....and Bohemia have no idea what they have ruined.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Have you got any devs to respond to your views about bikes or helicopters [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention]?
They stopped responding in the forums years ago. Back in the day they were always on but all the old team have gone, and the team that replaced that team have gone, just Bohemia staff instead of DayZ enthusiasts.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, phil bottle said:

They stopped responding in the forums years ago. Back in the day they were always on but all the old team have gone, and the team that replaced that team have gone, just Bohemia staff instead of DayZ enthusiasts.

Eh? Thats crap. We should coerse the staff that matter over here and concoct a masterplan to sort the game out once and for all.... 😎

Eh? Thats crap. We should coerse the staff that matter over here and concoct a masterplan to sort the game out once and for all.... [emoji41]
Aye, for the real DayZ we have to trust in the Mods The Who? Yes, the Mods [emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg