Dan Houser Leaving Rockstar Games

J4MES OX4D

What a household name Houser is in this industry and what an impact him and his team have made in the last couple of decades. I just hope his departure wont impact the studio going forward too much as so many iconic developers have been overridden by the corporate aspect in recent years which has soured brands and studios. 

_110776307_gettyimages-659973918.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Dan Houser founded the studio behind Grand Theft Auto with his brother in 1998.

Makes sense to me that he's probably achieved all the things he wanted. It is difficult to know where Rockstar will now go to be honest as GTA 5 holds up really well in the current industry. I feel they'll want for next gen and see what they can muster up. Ideally these days they need to focus on one game that can just keep giving out the content to gamers, but i can't think they won' be able to get the same feel like GTA 5 because the sheer amount of updates since launch make it a hard one to beat.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, phil bottle said:

GTA needs better player UI. Better shooting/combat and better movement.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

100% agreed but his business model as gotten them this far, no need to update the nice bits we all want if they dont bring in more business.

100% agreed but his business model as gotten them this far, no need to update the nice bits we all want if they dont bring in more business.
The vagaries and natural tendencies of capitalism are not strangers to me either Lee [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg