PC Issue - Full Screen / Black Screen

BO7H B4RRELS

I've been having some PC issues lately.  A lot of the issues pointed toward a bad PSU (PC shutting down during demanding games).  I replaced the PSU and all is well except another issue that I've been having lately and can't quite figure out...

If I play something like League of Legends or Path of Exile, I can play without any issues.  But, every time I try to play The Forest or Far Cry 4 in full screen mode, the screen goes black and I cannot figure out how to remedy it.  

Thoughts??? 

PC:

CPU: AMD A 10-5800K

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

RAM: 16 GB

PSU: 600W

Windows 10

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Seeing if the video card driver needs updating would be the first thing to check

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I tried doing that through Windows but it said it's the most up to date. So then I didnit through Afterburner and it said it was up to date as well. I've always sucked at trying to find the right one on the manufacturer's website. Should I do it that way though?

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I had a look online. Both games you mentioned have black screen issues for a lot of people.

For some its solved by updating flash, others by changing resolution to 720p and then back to 1080p, for others it was adjusting their monitor from 59 to 60 ghz...but I dont think it's a problem with the card or other hardware if other games are running fine.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I had a look online. Both games you mentioned have black screen issues for a lot of people.

For some its solved by updating flash, others by changing resolution to 720p and then back to 1080p, for others it was adjusting their monitor from 59 to 60 ghz...but I dont think it's a problem with the card or other hardware if other games are running fine.

That's interesting, Phil. Thank you. That certainly gives me some direction to go today. Thank you.

Via the FG App

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I tried all of this... nothing.  😞  This is rather annoying.  

I know it's got to be some sort of video setting.  I changed my background on my desktop from a photo to a black solid fill, and my screen went black.  I right clicked, changed it to something else, and it was fine.  Then, changed it back to black and it was fine.  There's some sort of video setting that isn't quite right.  Also, in the game, The Forest, sometimes it will work if I'm looking toward something bright, but when it's very dark, it triggers the black screen.  Sometimes even if I'm in the windowed mode.  Full Screen mode doesn't work at all, just goes straight to black screen at the main menu.  

Not sure what fixed it but something seems to have kind of sorted itself out. I think updating flash oddly enough may have been the ticket. However now, when I close the game out, I get an error message and the PC freezes. Lol. The Forest is such a great game but it's buggy as fuck. I believe they're working on The Foreat 2, so I doubt anything will get sorted. Who knows.

Via the FG App

So apparently @BO7H B4RRELS PC issue is now sorted. The reason, with the beauty of hindsight, is that the PC has had both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards in it and neither of these registry entries cleared up completely. Tommy used DDU to uninstall all the drivers and reinstall from scratch which seems to have resolved it.

Next up: @Plumbers Crack's PC 😄 

banlol.png

All of my PC issues are fixed. Thanks, guys. However, my issues with The Forest continues. That game is so fucking buggy. I can now play in full screen and it looks great... but, everytime I close the game out, I get an error and it locks my PC up. Or... nice in a while, the second I start the game, it reboots my PC. Every other game is fine and running great. The Forest is just a little punk bitch.

Via the FG App