Infinity Warm claim they've made some changes to Shipment spawns..

MrBiron

This video is from Reddit and was taken after they've apparently made the changes

ijt7c.jpg?token=WIH86W_CewdbzViXC7mfxQ&e
STREAMABLE.COM

Check out this video on Streamable using your phone, tablet or desktop.

Good job, guys! You properly sorted the spawns out. Go have a beer to celebrate a job well done 🤣

fart.gif

I spawned in the other day and went absolutely fucking mental, think I got a 15 streak or something, people were just spawning in front of me as I was walking around. I tried recording it but naturally my PS4 had other ideas. I think I got about half of it. 

I imagine that if I was on the receiving end of that I would've commended the player doing it to me, saying things like "this fella is is getting rather lucky, fair play to him" or something equally as encouraging. 

banlol.png

Wut? On Shipment? Just leave the map and spawns and everything on this map. Its a fun clusterfuck and nothing else.

Although, I am super glad to spawn 4 inches away to where I was previously 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Played quite a few matches on Shipment yesterday and didn't notice anything different at all tbh, it's still a fucking mess, but you can't really blame IW for this due to the size of the map. In the time it takes for the game to pick a spawn point and actually spawn you there, the whole dynamic of the map has changed. I think bitching about the spawns is a bit ridiculous tbh, it's the very nature of that map.

banlol.png

Yeah spawns are delicious if your on a roll, disgusting if it's happening to you.

My only annoyance is Hardpoint on that map. When the hill is in the middle, it's just impossible you don't know where to turn. You can get hit from all 4 sides.

I tend to just do a combination of instant hipfire or go immediately prone.

I hate the dicks that camp the spawn corners. You get absolutely shafted.

The thing that gets me as well, you nip into a container for a quick heal or reload. Some cunt spawns in behind you in the container. 

Overall I enjoy the carnage of that map. It's great for most challenges.

It isn’t when you spawn in and the map has changed that annoys me.  Well it does but it’s shipment so what are you going to do.  Where it is beyond frustrating is to spawn in where someone is ads’ing then spawn in another 3 or 4 times in the same place.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 2/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, Greboth said:

Where it is beyond frustrating is to spawn in where someone is ads’ing 

That's my biggest issue. There is absolutely no excuse for that happening. No player should be spawning exactly where somebody is aiming at. Even the most basic spawn system should be programmed to NOT do that. 

fart.gif

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

That's my biggest issue. There is absolutely no excuse for that happening. No player should be spawning exactly where somebody is aiming at. Even the most basic spawn system should be programmed to NOT do that. 

I knew this would be an issue on Shitment in this game because you could practically ADS spawn kill people even on the big maps like Euprates and Piccacuntingdilly. I thought all this had been long eradicated from Black Ops onwards but IW really brought back a lot of old school issues in this game. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, MrBiron said:

I get that....but the map is 6 x 6 inches in size. You can't take this map seriously, its just a fun clusterfuck for 60 seconds before the game is over super quick.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I get that....but the map is 6 x 6 inches in size. You can't take this map seriously, its just a fun clusterfuck for 60 seconds before the game is over super quick.

This +1

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 2/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

It's not just because of that. They changed the layout of the map which allows players to look from one corner into another corner. IW just seem clueless.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

It's not just because of that. They changed the layout of the map which allows players to look from one corner into another corner. IW just seem clueless.

Shipment classic was always a clusterfuck but at the same time it was designed in such a way that you could build streaks. Line of sight spawn killing was rare and matches had a degree of flow in the carnage. The new Shipment is a testament to the new IW's lack of understanding which was highlighted in Crash where they even manage to fuck that up completely with just a couple of small but significant changes. 

LOS killing and spawn momentum trapping shouldn't be a thing regardless of how small the map is and if it is then the map shouldn't exist. IW really don't get that and that's why so many of their maps are just crap nowadays. If they were to remake Nuketown themselves, they are the sort of people that would remove the houses!

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I suppose I just never have noticed it because it is such a clusterfuck of a map that whenever we've played on that map even in previous games I have literally no expectations from what comes out of it.

I think its seeing the positive in the map - Great for shotgun medals and potentially some killstreaks for certain challenges.

7 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Got 108 kills yesterday on Shipment, the amount of times I just ran round the outside of the map and got 3 or 4 people just spawn infront of me was unreal

And thats how it goes. Next match you could die 108 times 😄

I think people would feel better about this map if they had a map vote. In parties I think we'd jump in it for a laugh but solo maybe not so much.