Star Trek: Picard

GazzaGarratt

I've never really been into Star Wars. In fact, I used to enjoy watching some Star Trek back in the day, especially when Jean Luc Picard was the Captain of the Enterprise. This brought it all back. I'm going to enjoy this and I think it already has a great nostalgic feeling, better than when he was in the last Wolverine film, Logan.

I hoping that Number 2 will be back in some way but I don't think so. At least we have Data and 7 for the feels.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:03 AM, phil bottle said:

I love Star Trek, this looks awesome, I can't wait emoji39.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rikers and Troi confirmed to come back too.

Apparently, Sir Patrick Stewart has been assisting the writing of his character based on his own knowledge of Star Trek too which is really cool to hear. Got my Hope's up that they'll do this Star Trek era of characters some justice.

I caught the first episode yesterday. I wasn't expecting much as I'd heard a few negative things about it. Also, the last Star Trek series was a mess and I gave up watching half way through.

But I was genuinely surprised at how good this was. I wont say much on the plot as I don't want to be a spoiler. After being a bit unsure if the old geezer had left it too late for this role, be convinced me otherwise, he's brilliant.

I'll definitely keep watching to see how it goes. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Patrick Stewart was the only reason why I really ended up watching Star Trek Generations and the films ages ago. I'm not a huge fan but do enjoy it nonetheless.

I was a little like Phil and was worried it wouldn't be up to scratch as I still have the visions of him when he was younger. However, first episode in and it was a really good start. Plot line seems to hold up and seeing him show different emotions throughout that episode was really enjoyable.

Looking forward to episode 2.

23 hours ago, techno said:

So far im struggling through the sludge that passes for the first episode. 

There is so much good TV at the moment it's not really gripping me

I personally think you've got to be in for the long game with Star Trek. It isn't all over the place series and that's okay for me. But get its not for everyone.

I personally think you've got to be in for the long game with Star Trek. It isn't all over the place series and that's okay for me. But get its not for everyone.
I agree, just hope the story isn't too convoluted, with too many different stories, cos that's what mostly killed the recent Netflix series for me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I did finish the first episode, lately with various series though I've moved straight on to the next if available, I didn't. 

I went back to generation kill

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Video not available.

The first series was decent but just felt they waited too long to make it.

I think from what I remember over the years after TNG, Stewart didn't want to do another thing about Picard. So, when they announced it, it was extra special. 

I'm just excited for the whole Q/Picard relationship again. 

21 hours ago, RenFengge said:

I think from what I remember over the years after TNG, Stewart didn't want to do another thing about Picard. So, when they announced it, it was extra special. 

I'm just excited for the whole Q/Picard relationship again. 

I didn't know they were doing that. Q eh? Nice one 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg