Coronavirus

J4MES OX4D

4 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

No matter what I do, the link fucks up. But it's there with a few clicks.

Lots of people are volunteering to help others, which is awesome. There's plenty of good people doing good stuff but we tend to see only the bad, which is maybe another kind of panic.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Situations like this do tend to bring the best out in people but like you say it's normally the other side we hear about.

Just found this one, BBC do make it hard to share any stories haha

_111393107_not-alone-letterbox_getty97.j
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The coronavirus outbreak has left many feeling trapped indoors, but for some help may not be far away.

All of this just makes me want to seek out the positive stuff and also do what I can to help others. For me, its not a time to be political or cause conflict for conflicts sake, like a ton of people do on Twitter, etc.  Its the time we all just listen and do what the experts say. At the same time, helping others where you can feasibly do so.

I think I must have text most people in my phone over the last few days and checking on my elderly neighbours making sure everyone is alright and if not, even if its just being here to chat to. Its easy to do something to help. Whats the saying? 'A little can go a long way' or something like that.

A friend of mine, a sound engineer at a Kings Cross music venue, has been laid off because of all of this...and when she went to sign on for social security today was told there are jobs available right now at Asda.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

A friend of mine, a sound engineer at a Kings Cross music venue, has been laid off because of all of this...and when she went to sign on for social security today was told there are jobs available right now at Asda.

Unfortunately those are the sorts of jobs we need to fill at the moment, i suppose you could do that for a few months or how ever long this all takes. Having a job and being able to pay the bills at the moment makes me feel very fortunate, even more so than i already did.

I'd like to think that the people who were already signed on for no other reason than laziness have been made to do these jobs.

Unfortunately those are the sorts of jobs we need to fill at the moment, i suppose you could do that for a few months or how ever long this all takes. Having a job and being able to pay the bills at the moment makes me feel very fortunate, even more so than i already did.

I'd like to think that the people who were already signed on for no other reason than laziness have been made to do these jobs.
She's lost her job because of Corona virus and you need to send her out into possibly catching Corona virus? For what exactly? To stock shelves for panic buyers? Have a heart man[emoji23]

Also as the workshy, lets infect them and experiment on them while we're at it, lazy fuckers, that or the salt mines.

Told you Adam, authoritarian dystopia here come [emoji16]

/s [emoji1787]

yes, phil is bored [emoji173]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The owner (im guessing) at the local premier shop I've been pillaging gave her number to thbelderly customer Infront of me today so she could let her know if there's owt she needs.

The only reason I went out today was to get stuff for me mam then found out her older next door neighbour had gone to Asda 

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

She's lost her job because of Corona virus and you need to send her out into possibly catching Corona virus? For what exactly? To stock shelves for panic buyers? Have a heart manemoji23.png

Also as the workshy, lets infect them and experiment on them while we're at it, lazy fuckers, that or the salt mines.

Told you Adam, authoritarian dystopia here come emoji16.png

/s emoji1787.png

yes, phil is bored emoji173.png

You know i have a heart, pretty sure it's in my sock draw somewhere. I was more coming from what i might feel like, if put in that position. People are unfortunately being put in positions where they may have no other choice but to take a job like that.

11 hours ago, techno said:

The owner (im guessing) at the local premier shop I've been pillaging gave her number to thbelderly customer Infront of me today so she could let her know if there's owt she needs.

The only reason I went out today was to get stuff for me mam then found out her older next door neighbour had gone to Asda 

These are the stories we want to hear!

You know i have a heart, pretty sure it's in my sock draw somewhere. I was more coming from what i might feel like, if put in that position. People are unfortunately being put in positions where they may have no other choice but to take a job like that.
I'd do it if they gave me a Hazmat suit[emoji41]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Telling ppl not to go out but cycle stores can stay open and construction workers told to carry on working. Packed tube trains again this morning. Mixed messages eh.

Cancer patients having their treatments cancelled has me raging a little bit.

But its sunny in London when I look out the window[emoji847]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Telling ppl not to go out but cycle stores can stay open and construction workers told to carry on working. Packed tube trains again this morning. Mixed messages eh.

But its sunny in London when I look out the windowemoji847.png

There are a lot of mixed messages, i can understand some places needing to stay open but things like cycle store make no sense.

Also Mike (Tr)ashley is a bell stain, i've just googled him to see if he has a twitter and a parody account comes up before his 😂

28 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I forgot to address this, this is appalling. The problem is all the idiots that are faking symptoms and going to the hospital, as if they're not over run already.

We shouldn't be pushing these patients to the side.

NINTCHDBPICT000573202571.jpg?strip=all&q
TALKSPORT.COM

Bergamo mayor Giorgio Gori claims a Champions League match between Atalanta and Valencia in Italy ‘infected 40,000 fans’ in attendance...

29 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:
NINTCHDBPICT000573202571.jpg?strip=all&q
TALKSPORT.COM

Bergamo mayor Giorgio Gori claims a Champions League match between Atalanta and Valencia in Italy ‘infected 40,000 fans’ in attendance...

Fuck me that's awful, an entire stadium! Just for a game of bloody football.

100,000 dead now. Such a big number it's hard to get my head around it.

At this point I'm giving up blaming Boris and the Tories. They've been voted in time and time again, I'm sure people loved their benefit sanctions when Cameron got voted in, so May was voted in and then Boris. Like people don't know what these people really are. Boris with his silly hair, how adorable. What a world.

100,000 dead. We got what we voted for.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The number is quite numbing really. I won't get into the political BS - my overall view is they're all a bunch of c u next Tuesdays, regardless what side.

The only thing I wonder is if that small minority of people that didn't follow the guidelines from the outset, I wonder where we'd be. Its all ifs and maybes now though, so for me, i'm still following the guidelines and hope others can too (whether we disagree with it or not) and i'd expect and hope we could get back quicker to some things that are more the normality we experienced before this horrible disease was here. I think we all need that huge FG meet up sooner rather than later 🙏

Stay safe everyone. Glad we have this place to still connect us all.

27 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The number is quite numbing really. I won't get into the political BS - my overall view is they're all a bunch of c u next Tuesdays, regardless what side.

The only thing I wonder is if that small minority of people that didn't follow the guidelines from the outset, I wonder where we'd be. Its all ifs and maybes now though, so for me, i'm still following the guidelines and hope others can too (whether we disagree with it or not) and i'd expect and hope we could get back quicker to some things that are more the normality we experienced before this horrible disease was here. I think we all need that huge FG meet up sooner rather than later 🙏

Stay safe everyone. Glad we have this place to still connect us all.

I've cunted out three people in shops so far this month for not wearing a mask. I also bollock the shop keepers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

44 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I've cunted out three people in shops so far this month for not wearing a mask. I also bollock the shop keepers.

This or similar viruses will be around for years like the flu is. I can see an annual booster vaccination for this at the same time as the flu jab. I would like to see people who legit can't wear a face mask be issued with a badge to wear by the council or GP then those twats who could but won't would soon get peed off with being abused and toe the line.

Another thing to remember is the vaccine stops / minimises the effects of the virus if you pick it up, You can still carry the infection and spread it. If it gets into your system, the vaccine deals with it. If you breathe it in, it can stay local in your throat area and you transmit it when breathing out. I think face masks are the new norm and I don't have a problem with that...once I sort out steamed up glasses! 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

100,000 is an horrific milestone - we were just too slow off the mark to take strong preventative action. The Cheltenham festival should have been postponed along with the Liverpool v Athletico Madrid game. Both those events were responsible for an early surge and a window of action was there to be taken.  The most significant one was the amount of overseas people returning to the UK from high-risk places such as Milan and Madrid who weren't tested at either end and nor were they told to isolate. We did get a grip on it through the summer but people became far too relaxed whilst others, especially in the East of England persistently violated any restrictions in place. BLM protests did not help along with the insane numbers at beaches down south. Several politicians have also violated the guidelines they supported which was a huge kick in the teeth. That Scottish SNP one who berated Cummings yet she went up and down the country having taken a test, neglected to isolate and was found to have Covid potentially infected tens. She then claimed Covid impaired her decision making which was the ultimate insult. Thank fuck she has been charged criminally. 

Labour have been vocal but have offered fuck all in strategic terms - their entire purpose is sit on the fence, point out mistakes after they've happened and then play the hindsight card to make themselves look good. The amount of political point scoring attempts by them through this process has been disgusting and now even the vaccine has gone political with the EU who are clearly still bitter after Brexit. The political landscape in this country is beyond fucked so matter who you follow - they are all a bunch of clueless, dishonest clowns. I've lost count of how many said a second lockdown was an overreaction and not needed and now the same ones area saying we cannot lift the third one anytime soon!

The only way out of this would be to take the number of cases down, get everyone vaccinated and then employ strict control and trace methods with enforcement on par with Australia, New Zealand and China. This will no doubt trigger the Piers Corbyn crew of conspiracy theorists and other nutters but it's the only way forward to normality. Thankfully the vaccine roll-out is off to a strong start and the UK currently sits behind Israel in leading the way so whilst other countries in Europe deal with bureaucratic red tape, we can at least set an example in this respect.  

The good news is the rich continue to get richer especially the mega corporations. Cannot wait to buy my fruit and veg from Amazon and my Newspaper from Facebook in the future. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The good news is the rich continue to get richer especially the mega corporations. Cannot wait to buy my fruit and veg from Amazon and my Newspaper from Facebook in the future. 

Lots of people here in the US already buy their fruit and veg from Amazon ever since they acquired Whole Foods, which is a somewhat upscale-looking store. (TBH, people who complained that Whole Foods was more expensive actually never checked a lot of prices. They were already on par with regular stores if you compared brand to brand and item to item. It's just not a touch cheaper with Amazon incentives. It's effectively cheaper for me to buy fruit and veg from Whole Foods than a "regular" supermarket now.)

RE: COVID in general

I'm in the thick of it in terms of my company working with local hospitals and our own "members... we have people working with not only the city and state government but also federal regarding vaccines. A lot of this "mess" in regards to hospitalizations and deaths could have been avoided if people weren't fed mis-information and go about thinking it's a hoax and that masks infringes on their freedom or whatever.

I see the data every day. We do comparisons almost every day against year/quarter/month and pre-COVID. This isn't a joke. This is very much real. And, lack of true leadership during the start of the pandemic is one of the causes for the high amount of cases and deaths.

Tbh I'm now at a stage where I'm sick of hearing about it, it's been nearly a year and if you don't know what's best for you and your family by now there is something wrong. I think if we all looked after ourselves regarding the rules then maybe we'd be better off, who knows. As for the rules well that's a whole different can of worms and tbh some of the shit that's going on is down right dumb and contradictory. I've been lucky but I do feel sorry for those in industries that have been decimated. As for the government I'm with @GazzaGarratt non of them are worth a shit.

Were all different, we all have different experience of this shit show and that ultimately drives our thoughts and feelings.

One question of the vaccine doesn't work where do we go from here because this current situation is clearly not sustainable.

10 minutes ago, techno said:

Tbh I'm now at a stage where I'm sick of hearing about it, it's been nearly a year and if you don't know what's best for you and your family by now there is something wrong. I think if we all looked after ourselves regarding the rules then maybe we'd be better off, who knows. As for the rules well that's a whole different can of worms and tbh some of the shit that's going on is down right dumb and contradictory. I've been lucky but I do feel sorry for those in industries that have been decimated. As for the government I'm with @GazzaGarratt non of them are worth a shit.

Were all different, we all have different experience of this shit show and that ultimately drives our thoughts and feelings.

One question of the vaccine doesn't work where do we go from here because this current situation is clearly not sustainable.

I'm quite tired of COVID, but I'm not tired of never seeing the office and never commuting currently lol. I legit just want to grab a lunch with a friend or have a friend hang out at the house without needing to microban the whole place before and after.

The vaccine will do what it needs to do, but yeah, it won't fix everything. I'll be honest that I have been living my life pretty normally lately... just with a mask, gloves, face shield when needed, and a sterilizer at home. Personally, if where I live doesn't take a step backwards by closing restaurants and other things again, I think we'll survive... 

Where do we go from here? I dunno... maybe a post-COVID world like how my home city is living now... or maybe in the direction of what the Fallout universe is like lol.

4 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

I'm quite tired of COVID, but I'm not tired of never seeing the office and never commuting currently lol. I legit just want to grab a lunch with a friend or have a friend hang out at the house without needing to microban the whole place before and after.

The vaccine will do what it needs to do, but yeah, it won't fix everything. I'll be honest that I have been living my life pretty normally lately... just with a mask, gloves, face shield when needed, and a sterilizer at home. Personally, if where I live doesn't take a step backwards by closing restaurants and other things again, I think we'll survive... 

Where do we go from here? I dunno... maybe a post-COVID world like how my home city is living now... or maybe in the direction of what the Fallout universe is like lol.

Tbh other than traveling so far it's made little difference to me, the wife's at home way too much for one 😂 but on the plus side I haven't been in a supermarket in nearly a year. I do think some rules are dumb but then so are people in general. I have hope for the vaccine if for nothing else than to be able to hang out with friends. The school's is a big issue, kids can't be home schooled for long periods this has been another wasted year for education and to think they used to moan about kids missing 2 weeks for a holiday, I'm glad my kids are grown up. My daughter and step daughter have had a first dose (carers) and within 3 days my daughter got a positive test. 🤦

EU's conduct today has been absolutely disgraceful - First they threw a tantrum a few weeks ago because the UK approved the AstraZeneca very quickly and now they are trying to steal 3.5m doses of the vaccine by using a fake German news article saying that it's only 10% successful against Covid in the over 65's in a shameful bid to divert supply and put many vulnerable lives at risk here. They only approved the vaccine themselves today and have further thrown Northern Ireland under the bus in some outrageous revenge bid to cause the utmost friction. Maybe if they moved their arses as a matter of urgency instead of picking and choosing at the 11th hour, they wouldn't have a supply issue with prospective orders going unfulfilled to paying countries instead. 

Those bureaucratic bastards have let down their own member states and are childishly passing the buck in the most despicable way possible. If they provisionally adopted the AstraZeneca vaccine and started the approval process last year; not only would they have stock, there could've also been extra temporary supply depots created within the EU. Instead they've left it to the last minute and are now scrambling in the most desperate way possible.  We saw them confiscate ham from sandwiches the other week which was hilarious but this is far more serious. The people are the ones suffering whilst the suits just want to squabble - the vaccine being made political is what everyone feared.