Coronavirus

J4MES OX4D

9 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

2 young lads from work just cameback from Japan/Korea a few days ago. 🙄

Were they checked when they got back into the UK?

I don't think so to be honest, 1 of them was saying it was fine going out. But the way back on the plane everyone was masked.

But yeah I don't think they were, I know Japan/Korea is close by. But I think it has to be flights in and out of China to warrant an actual check.

One of them was trying to say the other had a cough! He better of been on the wind-up lol.

To be fair I was teasing people all day with the 2 of them coming back. 

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

2 cases reported in Newcastle yesterday.

Oxford United play Newcastle on Tuesday.

I'll be fucked then. Nice knowing you all! 

RIP. 

OMG, why is it Geordies that catch anything. They everywhere!

I heard that 2 people stayed in a hotel in York and were unwell.

Newcastle is probably the closest to me, except Carlisle ofc. But it's still up the top. 🥺

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

2 cases reported in Newcastle yesterday.

Oxford United play Newcastle on Tuesday.

I'll be fucked then. Nice knowing you all! 

RIP. 

oh come on, Newcastle are easily beatable.

banlol.png

New advice for the UK just delivered...although the type up on this website means I need to be washing my hands a whole lot more often than I am! 😂

image.png

I think it won't be long until the UK follow suit in large sporting events around April and May as they expect it to start rising around those months. The US have already suspended the NBA and banned people going to watch the PGA event happening, alongside all travelling to and from Europe...although us Brits can still go for some reason!

I'm waiting to see when, not if, we have to work from home for a small period of time.

I think it is a safe bet that if you can work from home that you will end up doing so at some point during this outbreak.  As the way things have progressed in other countries and are progressing here it's a safer to work on the assumption of when you get it rather than if.

For me personally, I'm not too worried about it - I'm in an at risk group but even then it doesn't seem to hit younger people as hard.  It's more my family as my parents are in their 70's and I have extended family in their 80's and 90's.

I guess all you can do it try to minimise your personal risk and hope for the best.  For now there's only 2 confirmed cases near me which in a city of 1.3 million isn't much of a worry yet.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Maybe us Brits are less of a risk as we're an island ?

As for working from home wish I could 🤣.

Closing schools I can see as a major issue for working parents but I guess fine for teachers 😉 

Im guessing my travel and plans I was so hyped for this year are going to get hit.

59 minutes ago, techno said:

Maybe us Brits are less of a risk as we're an island ?

Theoretically we should be but when we keep letting in flights from extreme-risk countries with people not even being tested then we just shoot ourselves in the foot with some staggering incompetence. 17 flights from Milan alone landed on Sunday with no testing either end. The government said they told people to self isolate but numerous people returning weren’t told anything.

it’s also staggering that we aren’t enforcing stronger measures unlike other countries now. Italy and China have reported minimal new cases after strong lockdowns yet our country is working on slowing the growth down so we can get to summer where the NHS will be less strained. Screw growth - the focus should be eradication. I’d rather the economy took a savage two week hit now than us trying to keep things going as they are and still being economically fucked in the end regardless.

Also the confirmed cases are just those that have been recorded by the NHS after a confirmed diagnosis - the real total is probably 10x that at the very least. The low deaths as tragic as they may be for everyone  is a surprise though but things could change especially if we continue to be reckless with some things. 

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has been diagnosed with Covid 19. Whole team and all staff now in isolation. Not sure what this will mean for the Prem and football league fixtures but football and other major sport events are very high risk and I would pull the plug for two weeks at least now. 

I'm still waiting for the first reports from China of virus victims rising from their graves.

Phase 5 = undead apocalypse

We gamers should mostly be well prepared for such a scenario, but let's hope they only shuffle and can't run [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'm still waiting for the first reports from China of virus victims rising from their graves.

Phase 5 = undead apocalypse

We gamers should mostly be well prepared for such a scenario, but let's hope they only shuffle and can't run emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remember guys , knife only in the zombie apocalypse!

8 hours ago, tronic44 said:

There's a virus going around? I must immediately go to my local store and purchase all the loo roll!

And the pasta and long life UHT milk!! I'll never know when i'll open my front door again! 😭