Laptop recommendations

Dr Diamond

Can anyone recommend a laptop, mid range, general use for work. Presenting PowerPoint, email, watching netflix, memes, some light video editing perhaps?

So far looking at acer 5, maybe an HP or a chrome book.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

How much you looking to spend? 
Not sure

500 max? Dont see the need for really high spec if I'm not running games

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

£500 seems abit steep for something that is only needed for work type things and not gaming.

I'd expect someone should be able to find something around £250/300 imo. 🤞

Acer Extensa 2540 15.6-inch Full HD Laptop (Intel Core i5-7200U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home)

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Huge range of Laptops with free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy Acer Extensa 2540...

If you don’t mind a renewed laptop then this will be a good’un, pretty good price for an i7.

HP EliteBook 840 G1 14-inch Ultrabook Laptop PC (Intel Core i7-4600U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, WiFi, WebCam, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit)(Renewed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VSZ9TSZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.mckEbYXB06VB

I haven’t myself but have heard good things about getting them. Just means you can get better spec’d stuff for cheaper. They’ll do a complete clean and test but if you’re unsure in any way I’d just get a new one.

Also the Acer 5 looks good 👍

Cool

I'm also considering what Gaz said about not spending too much on something I only really want to play PowerPoint off of haha.

I'll have another look at those suggested ones though, the HP spec looks good.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

Ordered the elite book in the end. Will see how it looks when it arrives and make a decision.

I had a think and decided that it might be better to have a more powerful machine as some of the image files I open can be around 300MB and I want to use graphics packages etc

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

So the refurbished on arrived.

Looks brand new other than some minuscule cosmetic damage I had to go looking for.

Can anyone suggest what I might check to ensure that it is not going to burn out or break on me ?

It's from a MS certified refurbished, so I am assuming it has been looked at and upgraded to an adequate level.

Is there anything anyone could suggest to check before deciding to keep it ? (Purchased online, can send back).

Theres an invoice with it with a whole bunch of tests its passed but it is meaningless to me. I took the back case off and there is little dust and I cant see any discoloration or any suspect looking soldering or anything like that.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

What Rachel says. If it's got a year warranty just use it as normal and it should be fine. If it doesn't fuck out within the first year I'd say you're good to go. Most refurbished stuff nowadays is fairly well done anyway. 

banlol.png