SBMM

techno

I've noticed alot of comments about SBMM in destiny, mainly today mtashed and destiny fun police. 

It looks worse on PC but even on console I've noticed much longer matchmaking times.

I wonder what people think, my personal opinion is that SBMM in pubs should never be used, it should be connection based only.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't watched the videos yet. Seen a lot on Twitter. They've come and confirmed there is an element of Connection Based but no SBMM whatsoever in Quickplay so i'm not sure why there seeing this. However a lot of loud voices out there and major streamers have VPN's so they don't get hit by DDOSing randomers so I think its more their own setup making issues.

Connection based for Quickplay

Skill based for Competitive

Thats a given for me but with most people easily moaning about wehatever they want to at Crucible its hard to pinpoint down what the real underlying issues are imo. Ultimately, people will moan because a lot want an ultra competitive mode and Destiny isn't really made for that.

I think only that mix playlist is connection based.

You can't deny the waiting times and the people some of these YouTubers are connected to. 

It's also usual for Devs to deny SBMM because of the backlash to it, why they insist outside of comp in using it is baffling. I get the noob thing but tough shit it doesn't help anyone and seems now to drive people away.