FG Film Club - Wk1 2020 - Now You See Me

GazzaGarratt

EDIT:  Had to change from Lock Stock as it wasnt available anywhere contrary to Netflix website.

IMDB Score: 7.3/10

Trailer: 

Release Date: 2013

Available on Netflix. If someone can check Sky Cinema that would be great too.

A real underrated film. Some top actors and actresses too.

Edited by GazzaGarratt
Changed from Lock, Stock to Now You See Me

6 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Are you sure it's available on Netflix?  I can see Snatch but not Lock, Stock.

Also you can use this website to find if and where a movie is streaming; https://www.justwatch.com/

Yeah I always see snatch around but have been looking for lock stock. 🤔

@Spacedeck , @techno  thanks for checking. Annoyed that Netflix showed Lock Stock that's available on their website but it really isnt.

Changed to Now You See Me just for this week 👍 Enjoy!

53 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Also, the way Keanu Reeves runs is weird AF.

Have you only just noticed? I have some bad news for you, I noticed it in the Matrix and it’s one of those things that once you have seen it you’ll notice it in every film.

Anyway, on to actual film for this week.

I’d seen the film at the cinema when it came out but I had forgotten about some of the characters.  It all came back watching the film though and it was interesting watching knowing the ending.  The ending is a nice twist that I didn’t see coming the first time.  Overall I enjoyed the film and I’d give it 7/10.

Also Isla Fisher 🤤

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I watched the film on Friday, im glad it's been long enough so I didn't see the twist at the end but knew it was coming. It's a pretty enjoyable crime drama and pretty original which is good. Decent characters too.

Oh and though it pains me to agree Isla Fisher and a solid 7/10

If you like a film with a solid wow I didn't see that coming twist may I recommend the prestige

I love magic and this has got to be one of the surpise films I watched for the first time some years ago that i never seen the release details. The twists it has certainly make it a fantastic puzzle film all the way through. Its where I find the characters all really gel well together and Mark Ruffalo plays the cop part extremely well. You have to make sure you watch Now You See Me 2 if you enjoyed this one. 8.5/10 for me.

Best bit apart from the final twist, is the bit where they get arrested and they all say and do different things. Woody is fricking hilarious.

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Didnt want to watch it cos I hate magic, fucking paul daniels, but it starts with a bang and keeps on going. 7 bananas.

Yeah, it's a little different to Paul Daniels' moves. Debbie McGee can't compete with Isla Fisher 😂

35 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Didnt want to watch it cos I hate magic, fucking paul daniels, but it starts with a bang and keeps on going. 7 bananas.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

To be fair to it, it’s more of a heist movie that uses ‘magic’ to obfuscate their real actions.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

I did get to watch this and I really enjoyed it.  The magic was good, the game of cat and mouse was entertaining and I wouldn't have predicted the ending (but I'm terrible at seeing things coming up).

The first time I ever watched it I thought the ending was crazy brilliant. It made me want to work stuff out as the film went along. I wouldnt worry about not seeing that coming....dont think many would!

Really  not my type of movie. Probably the only movie Woody has been in I haven’t really cared for. 4.2/10

If you want me to contribute to this @GazzaGarratt you better step up your movie knowledge. I don’t watch shit like @Diddums.  I like good movies 🤘

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

Really  not my type of movie. Probably the only movie Woody has been in I haven’t really cared for. 4.2/10

If you want me to contribute to this @GazzaGarratt you better step up your movie knowledge. I don’t watch shit like @Diddums.  I like good movies 🤘

Lol, hey whatever people put down I'll watch, even Mobster films that you like and I think are trash 😘

If you dont like problem solving and a little upbeat action/adventure films I can see why this wouldnt be for those type of people.

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

I guess I can sit still for a bit of Dora the Explorer.

banlol.png