Trump impeached

Diddums

Let's get the small print out the way first: 

This won't lead to anything, it'll be blocked in the house, the republicans will make sure of it. Despite this only being the third impeachment in US history, it's a bit watered down by the fact that the last one was as recent as Bill Clinton, and the fact that people have been trying to achieve this for his entire presidency.

That all said, TRUMP HAS BEEN IMPEACHED 

giphy.gif

banlol.png

I don’t understand how you can impeach a president and nothing come of it.  I appreciate that it is because it will get blocked in the house but still it’s like a Judge telling you they found you guilty then letting you go.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

I don’t understand how you can impeach a president and nothing come of it.  I appreciate that it is because it will get blocked in the house but still it’s like a Judge telling you they found you guilty then letting you go.

The democrats will be hoping this will leave a stain on him even if he gets cleared. I guess the laws of this were drawn up at a time when the house was viewed with higher unbiased integrity. Even if there is overwhelming evidence against their man, many republicans will still vote in his favour I bet. 

10 hours ago, Greboth said:

Impeachment isn't the trial, it's the thing that starts the trial, let alone a finding of guilt.  The House is sort of like a Grand Jury, deciding on if a person should face charges and go to a trial.   The Senate is then "the court."

Clinton was impeached but found not guilty by the Senate.  You need 2/3 of the Senate to vote "guilty" for a guilty verdict.   The criminal court equivalent would be being arrested but then the judge or jury failing to convict.  You still have an "arrest record" but no "criminal record" and no punishment.