Playstation - DUALSHOCK 4 Back Button Attachment

GazzaGarratt

Available late January 2020 with RRP $29.99.

Cheaper alternative to the custom made controllers by SCUF and Astro but I really hope it actually is worth that amount of money. Like the idea so you can apply it to any PS4 controller and you won't get an official controller with paddles at that cost from anywhere else, i imagine its a pretty good deal.

Bit gimmicky though and I wonder why they haven't invested time in making a new one - Maybe cos they won't be compatible with PS5 perhaps?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 12/18/2019 at 9:21 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

Hell, I struggle with the ones we already have! 😂😂

At least with these we don't have to compete with those 12 year old claw style grips they use when they're trying to pull off the tricks on FIFA 😂

17 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

Did anybody get one of these in then end? 

Thoughts? this does look interesting! 🤔

Yeah, I picked one up at release as I needed a new controller and game had an offer on it if you bought it with a bee controller.

I found it difficult to clip on to the controller in the first place but it’s simple after that.  The options are only for the default playstation buttons but it’s easy to choose which button you want the back buttons to be.

Actually using it will be by your own experience.  For me, I had to adjust my usual grip of the controller because of where the buttons sit.  They also take some getting used to, to press the back buttons rather than move your thumbs. Though I found one evening of CoD was enough to get used to it and a few more to get really comfortable with it.

Is it worth it - it seems well made and is useful in certain games and situations though it isn’t cheap for what is essentially 2 buttons.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

8 hours ago, Greboth said:

Is it worth it - it seems well made and is useful in certain games and situations though it isn’t cheap for what is essentially 2 buttons.

Some good points to know Greebs. I must admit, when its said like you mention above for 2 buttons you could say it isnt cheap but it's the fact if you want a proper fully-fledged controller with back buttons this actually saves a ton of money vs a SCUF or Astros controller.

They're quite sparse on the market too btw. Demand must be still high for them.