The $20 Watch...

J4MES OX4D

Eww

n7gwkspkwjxstgaim7an.png
KOTAKU.COM

Modern Warfare finally offers players the ability to see their death count during matches, but what was once a staple Call of Duty feature now...

You can get a real one that tells the time for that. 

You know, I'm okay with this. I really am. If your K/D ratio in game means that much to you, go ahead and get this dick-enhancing swedish cock pump that also tells the time and K/D.

People used to rage quit or leave because the standards of their teammates weren't up to scratch, thus making more games imbalanced while new players were found. It is infinitely better seeing a score and things like objectives make a clear difference in how you're doing in the match.

Plus if they pay $20 for this it'll mean they can support the game a little longer which means i can get some more free stuff hopefully.

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

You can get a real one that tells the time for that. 

When you reach about level 30 of the Battle Pass you get one with an analogue face that does actually tell you the correct time! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Saw this and was shocked, personally I like the k/d in-game scoreboard. I'm used to it.

If I notice I've died a lot, I will switch class and try something different. To charge $20 for such a feature. As James said, it was free for years.

I find it disgusting and won't buy it!

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Plus if they pay $20 for this it'll mean they can support the game a little longer which means i can get some more free stuff hopefully.

The money generated wont go to the developers - it goes straight to Activision as always. I'm pretty sure the devs have a set budget to work with regardless and it's not like the upkeep is coming out of IW's pockets either - they get their wages regardless of what work they do. Even Infinite Warfare had huge post-support despite its lack of success. 

The more people that buy into microtransactions like this, the more they will do it is the reality sadly. 

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Saw this and was shocked, personally I like the k/d in-game scoreboard. I'm used to it.

If I notice I've died a lot, I will switch class and try something different. To charge $20 for such a feature. As James said, it was free for years.

I find it disgusting and won't buy it!

I'm gla dyou won't, you aint stupid! 😄 The point is your response to dying alot is not the norm, plus you don't need to know the K/D if you've died alot - you can't deny that the large population when seeing a positive K/D half way through a game either play differently to keep positive or they start getting angry at the lesser players, regardless if those players have been capturing control points while they sweep up the kills.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The money generated wont go to the developers - it goes straight to Activision as always. I'm pretty sure the devs have a set budget to work with regardless and it's not like the upkeep is coming out of IW's pockets either - they get their wages regardless of what work they do. Even Infinite Warfare had huge post-support despite its lack of success. 

The more people that buy into microtransactions like this, the more they will do it is the reality sadly. 

True it does. But if they hit targets they release funds to developers for more developing. That's obvious. Its all connected and regardless of the overall money in Activision - they won't support a game itself if it isn't finding a way to self monetizing themselves.

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

True it does. But if they hit targets they release funds to developers for more developing. That's obvious. Its all connected and regardless of the overall money in Activision - they won't support a game itself if it isn't finding a way to self monetizing themselves.

Activision made $800m every 4 months on Black Ops 4 since last December and all we got in-game was the shittiest and cheapest microtransactions made by a portion of the studio that get paid regardless. Everything else content-wise was pretty much withheld and expected to release anyway. I don't believe the COD community gets anything off the back of its continued investment and the more they make off of microtransactions, the more they will put in for the sake of shareholders rather than the community.  Even when COD was in the gutter with Infinite Warfare, the lack of sales and playerbase did not have any impact on the post-launch support. 

If this was a non-AAA, self-sustainable title not bound by a year cycle and dependent on continued financial support then fair enough but COD games are pretty much produced off the back of a blank cheque and never does the community ever get anything back even on the upcoming title.  Whether they make £1bn or £5bn, the game will be the same as will the support - the only difference is how much the shareholders and executives get paid off.  

On 12/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

That is a very naive thing to think or say. Money from this game goes to shareholders and people like Booby Kotick who earns over $28million a year just from his salary.

fart.gif

Hahahaha, they couldn't even mask their greed for a day. If we pull the curtain back a bit, what we see is that there has been no KDR on the scoreboards of this game, ever. Even in the beta there was no KDR. I know this because I noticed it and thought it was a bug. Turns out this whole "here lol free stuffs" attitude was a load of shit from the beginning and they were simply throwing us a bone to appease us. Well, not me, I'm far too cynical for these cunts, I see straight through their bullshit and saw something like this coming from a mile away.

Fuck me they're geniuses if you think about it, textbook bait and switch except that they hid their intentions in plain sight. Credit where it's due, they played us and they played us well. Well, those of us who aren't too cynical for our own good anyway. They've literally taken something which has been a staple of CoD since day dot, removed it, thrown us a bone, and then later they want to charge us for the staple again. As much as I detest these practices, there's no denying their craftiness, I raise a glass to them.

9CSWeNf.gif

I just can't believe that people think this is acceptable. Leigh you're an idiot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and pay £19 to transfer a character from one digital box to another digital box on a game I pay £10 a month to play. 

banlol.png

I'm glad I bought this game second hand. Activision have had £8 from me which was for the Battle Pass. They won't get any more money, however, as it takes too long to move up the BP. They need to add in a daily tier skip system.

fart.gif

Lol, I don't think it's acceptable to charge any person $20 for a cosmetic element. I think it's hilarious and justified for all those cockwombles that think its perfectly fine to use a K/D as a key driver to play the game. Past behaviours and experiences dont lie. You still get to see at the end anyway but that's not enough for some people.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, MrBiron said:

That is a very naive thing to think or say. Money from this game goes to shareholders and people like Booby Kotick who earns over $28million a year just from his salary.

They make millions of funds from everything that they do, including MTX but the basic premise of if a game is doing shit and no cosmetics being bought wont still get updated. Activision being as cutthroat as they are will certainly follow that rule. Support the games that make even more money, drop the ones that dont. I'm not saying I agree with it one bit, but that's fundamental business. You also bought the battle pass btw, and I have no idea why.

18 hours ago, Diddums said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and pay £19 to transfer a character from one digital box to another digital box on a game I pay £10 a month to play.

People looked over as lol'd at my desk at this. Spot on 😂😂😂😂

I'll just leave this here

activision-blizz.png
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

A new report from ITEP, which looks into income taxes for some of the largest companies in the world, has revealed that Activision Blizzard...