FG - Games of the Decade

We'll soon be in a new decade, so let's all take a moment to remember the last 10 glorious years of gaming.

I'm going to compile a list of 10 games from that time that I love the most, or think had the most effect on me.

I'll be mostly thinking of Xbox 360, PS4, PC and Nintendo games. I'll look through my Steam library and see which games I've played the most. 

Anyway, list your top 10, in ranking order and then on New Years Eve we can compile them all and publish the definitive FG Games of the Decade.

I'm going away now to have a think.

NB: You can list 10 and change that list whenever you want up until 6pm (UK time) on New years Eve.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Here's my initial list, to get the ball rolling, and this will change a lot between now and NYE I'm sure.

1.  DayZ mod for Arma 2

2.  Arma 3

3. Fallout 3

4. 7 Days to die

5. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

6. Bioshock Infinite

7. Civilisation 5

8. Dark Souls

9. Mass Effect 2

10. Dying Light

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Off the top of my head

01. The Witcher 3 (PC)

02. Black Ops (PS3)

03. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)

04. God of War (PS4)

05. Mafia 2 (PC)

06. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS4, PC)

07. The Last of Us (PS3/4)

08. American Truck Simulator (PC)

09. Far Cry 3 (360)

10. Portal 2 (PC)

Other considerations: Saints Row 3, The Walking Dead, Dishonored 2, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Hotline Miami, Gemini Rue, Dying Light, A Hat in Time, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3. I'm sure there will be changes plus additions. 

My first thoughts are (no particular order) - I wish it was the last 15 or 20 😂

- Halo Reach (rather have Halo 3 but it’s older than 10 years)

- Skyrim 

- Overwatch 

- Modern Warfare 2

- The Last of Us

- The Witcher 3

- Marvels Spider-Man

- GTA 5

More to come. It’s harder than you think when limited to 10 years. Also makes you realise how much of a lack of truly amazing memorable games there has been. Also, for me, it’s also more about the timing of when I played it, who I played it with and how much fun was had at the time, not necessarily the game itself

cba

Black Ops 2 (PS3)

7 Days to die (PC)

GTAV (PS4)

MW3 (PS3)

Raft (pc)

Far Cry 3 (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

I expect you to die VR (PC)

Zelda (switch)

Overwatch (PS4/PC)

Special mention to Pokemon Go

I think that’s it, I feel like I’m missing some.

I'm not great when it comes to rating games as it's all subjective, but I'll give this a go.

So are we doing game that released from 2010 onwards? These are just going to be listed, not in order until I think about what order to place them.

Ori and The Blind Forest

The Last of Us

Heavy Rain

Slay the Spire

Skyrim

Portal 2

Stardew Valley

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Spider-Man

Grim Dawn

Oooof... Not easy at all. I know my top two but everything else is pretty much a toss up.

1. Skyrim. (Ps3)

2. The Last Of Us. (ps3)

3. Modern Warfare 3. (ps3)

4. Red dead redemption 2. (Ps4)

5. Horizon Zero Dawn. (ps4)

6. Ark survival evolved. (ps4)

7. Fallout 4. (There's another settlement that needs your assistance!) (ps4)

8. Far Cry 5. (ps4)

9. Heroes of Might & Magic VI. (pc)

10. Borderlands 2. (ps4)

Again, other than the top two this list could have been in any random order. There's other games I've played less like DayZ that I would put on here, but I've not invested the time into it YET, to put it on the list. There's also games older than 10 years I'd easily put on the list that I've played the last 10 years 😛 

Ok here it goes for my list:

1.metro last light
2.outlast
3.soma
4.titanfall 2
5.skyrim
6.R6 siege
7.sherlock Holmes devil's daughter
8.witcher 3
9.destiny 2
10. The forest

Well that's about it. . . . Peace.

Via the FG App

On 12/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, phil bottle said:

Merry crimbo one and all. Dont forget your end of decade list of games 🤗

This is too hard man! Have to keep going back to google and checking release dates!

For me, I've gone with games that have defined how my gaming has become these days. I dont think they have to be a single player masterpiece, it's what the game gives back in fun and replayability that should also be taken into account. Still though, there hasn't been an emotive game like my number 1 that has driven me wanting to get home and complete a story like that one. And it's not short either, plus a MP mode which is way underrated.

1. Last of Us Remastered

2. Destiny 2

3. Halo Reach

4. Halo 4

5. Overwatch

6. Rainbow 6

7. Zelda: Breadth of the Wild

8. Black Ops 3

9. Modern Warfare 2019 (yes, really)

10. Destiny 1

Special mention: Apex Legends

I cant put some in like others as I haven't played them but I still dont think it would change much. I lived every Halo game so they always have to be up there.

Clearly Destiny was defining in me meeting so many ace people and that game, whatever you think of it, has defined many lives on FG and elsewhere. The latest one, although some have had a 'break' has so much content that it was what we alot of all wanted and in the same world which we got introduced to in D1.

I think the new MW is that good it should be in there, daring to be so different to all the rest of the CoDs. Outside of that BO3 got me playing with best CoD players around here. So addictive.

Its testament to Overwatch and Rainbow 6 that we're still playing them after how many years after release.

I also wanted a Battle Royale game too as I do enjoy those modes and they do have a purpose - but for me Apex Legends gunplay is so good that its beats Fortnites amazing updates it gets...just.

Phew. That's it.