Season of Dawn Impressions

GazzaGarratt

Let's get your thoughts.

Here's something new - i'm enjoying Destiny again. Wait, Lee enjoying Destiny? Tell me something I don't know. OK. There's a reason this time around that playing feels less anxiety riddled and more comfortable than the last few seasons for me. Power grind essentially isn't needed to be the main focus anymore. Its a great feeling because when you logged on previously whilst its easy to use that as the go to thing to help you work out what to play or do, it would be the only thing to be focused on.

Initially there seemed to be a lot of worry about the roadmap which I understand. Everyone wants more and more and more content for basically the cost of 2 pints of lager and then want it all straight away - but what i found in my first few hours is that it was nice it wasn't all over in a second. Equally the grind to do the first few quest steps wasn't too bad or hard plus it took me places i hadn't been in a while (Mars and Tangled Shore).

Sundial is a lot of fun and way better than the Vex Offensive from last season. Yes, based on the menagerie, which was the ideal thing to do because that was their best season of content by a mile. What I like more is these Obelisk things that are basically like vendors but open up after upgrading them a bit. That kind of 'reveal' was nice. Not in your face and not too hard to unlock. Makes me want to play more.

I can't wait to play some of the story of Saint-14 and finally have some time free to go back and do other stuff such as raids and triumphs. I now feel like I have time to play other games alongside this rather than feeling forced to play it every single night. I think if more tried this knowing they don't have to play it every night, they'd feel the same as me.

Whats everyone else feeling about it?

d2 season of dawn roadmap.jpeg

Im really liking it as Lee said the sundial is way better than the vex offensive even though I haven't had much time to run it for doing other stuff and it is more chilled due to no real urgency to get more pointless light levels. I like the way you earn new weapons and fuck me if they don't have new interesting perks 😳 . I've just finished the vanguard weapon quest for the sidearm and it wasn't too grindy. They managed to ruin PvP again expect arbelast all over that 😉🙄😅. Also resetting the 100 ranks gives you a reason to just do random shit love that new rank system and it doesn't take too long and I see there are some actual useful items on there ( are you watching infinity ward 😁) so far im plenty happy with this new 3 month content drop.

I can see his point but I've been meh about the loot for ages tbh, I play basically to pass time and enjoy different aspects of the game. My game time would be cut if I had something else to play though. Guess that's typical of a casual gamer.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:49 PM, techno said:

I can see his point but I've been meh about the loot for ages tbh, I play basically to pass time and enjoy different aspects of the game. My game time would be cut if I had something else to play though. Guess that's typical of a casual gamer.

Yeah, when he put up the 'is it going to pull you away from the best games out available right now? No' question he lost me because he clearly thinks the game is being made tobe the only game you can play which is the opposite on what I see.

They've started to rightly tune the game in a way so you can play a few nights a week and not feel guilty that you aren't playing more because you want to enjoy different games. However, they are maintaining the balance by having plentiful of stuff to do so you keep returning each week. I've played 2 nights this week and the Saint-14 missions have been truly amazing, way better than other missions when it launched. Equally, doing certain world activities to level up the Obelisks have been refreshing, because you also have a bounty for a 'Timelost' weapon. Some are new, some are chances to reroll current guns which make you want to try and get it to see what you may drop.

We're also quick to have a go when we aren't happy about the different guns, but the Sint-14 weapons you can get from the Obeliskk/Sundial activities are some of the best they've created too. A definite step up from the average Vex Offensive weapons imo.

They are pretty good and a welcome change but maybe only because they are actually new, no new vendor weapons is a travesty imo. 

I also think you kind of missed the point he's right when he says the bread and butter of the game strikes and crucible should be better and more worthwhile above just getting weeklies done. 

If the same weapons drop from iron banner (haven't checked) then that's a massive fail too imo.

16 hours ago, techno said:

They are pretty good and a welcome change but maybe only because they are actually new, no new vendor weapons is a travesty imo. 

I also think you kind of missed the point he's right when he says the bread and butter of the game strikes and crucible should be better and more worthwhile above just getting weeklies done. 

If the same weapons drop from iron banner (haven't checked) then that's a massive fail too imo.

The Iron Banner is a massive fail, 100% agree. I cba to grind for the gear which is a shame cos it's always more fun when Banner is on. Sounds like there may be a ritual weapon though (but I think it's a Bow ffs).

I dont think Strikes are bread and butter anymore. Crucible is and needs fixing badly. I do think if they just name trials is coming everyone would shut up. Every PvP game is imbalanced in some kind of way. I find alot of guns work for this more than just 2 or 3 in the whole game.

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

It sucks. 

Thanks for your valued input Dayvide. But you know you have to play this Season to at least make it believable. One night online and then you can say it sucks I'm sure.

Strikes kind of are as they are and have always been in the game.

I like crucible regardless and iron banner especially, I do think it was better in d1 👍 and im definitely not one of the sweats that uses the same shit all the time, infact anything outside the norm is more fun tbh

Diddums sucks 😂