Renovation In Da house - FG Update

It was about time we needed a little refresh of sorts for our home to keep it fresh and take the FG baton speeding into 2020. So, I've spent quite a while updating most of the applications and features here but of course, as you can see we now have a nice new feel! Whilst there's still lots to do and updates to be done across many parts of FG still, this is a nice way to go into the Christmas period with a swanky pad befitting all your needs.

You'll see you can now directly choose Light or Dark theme at the top without reloading, change the header to your own one on your Profile at FG and even change the theme colour if you want to (our FG red is the default). The videos section is a brand new section to build on, with options to add live streams that you are aware of. We can make collections when required to do so - go and put some reviews on some of the videos here!

We also have Articles which is brand new. This is very similar to the blog space we used to have years ago but now its incorporated and if you feel like you have a good lengthy story to tell rather than in a post, lets hear them! You'll see we already have a number up and waiting to be read so dive in and let us know what you think of it all.

There's lots more around so i'll let you have a look around and find stuff out, equally any questions please shout up. I'd urge you to go and visit via your browser or PC if you can so you appreciate the full changes. If there's demand we can do some simple guides to navigate, etc. Lots of the pages and spaces we have are due to be fleshed out a ton over the Christmas and New Year period so you have any suggestions as always, please try and use the tracker so we can get some use out of it.

You might've noticed I've been a little quiet of late - I appreciate every single one of you being around for my Grandad/Dad (more in my PPR if you need more info). Not enough words can be said for what this family does for each other and i'm forever grateful. Its why I love spending time making our home the best place for all of you and any new FGers that come to stay.

Sound off below! GGFG

Apparently been a while since I've been here, and don't want to be a wet blanket, but I'm sorry to say that I am not a fan of the new look. Looks messy, a bit more hassle to navigate on the site imo. 

But not in here as much as I used to so pay no attention to the village idiot 🙂

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Apparently been a while since I've been here, and don't want to be a wet blanket, but I'm sorry to say that I am not a fan of the new look. Looks messy, a bit more hassle to navigate on the site imo. 

But not in here as much as I used to so pay no attention to the village idiot 🙂

You're not being a wet blanket mate, just giving honest feedback!

It would help to know what bits are more messier than others so we can understand turns ppl off and on.

In terms of forums, they havent changed and the menu options are virtually the same too so would be interested to know what bits arent as striking as others Brede 👍

When you change the color theme, it ads a refresh icon button to the menu, (which has big icons) so it's sometimes hard to hit the top logo to get to the front page from the sub forums. 

The menu blocks most of the FG banner. 

The menu box squares (for each sub forum) makes the site look less streamlined. 

But I guess it just takes some getting used to. 

11 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

When you change the color theme, it ads a refresh icon button to the menu, (which has big icons) so it's sometimes hard to hit the top logo to get to the front page from the sub forums. 

The menu blocks most of the FG banner.

Ah that's great to know, you see I've never changed the colour myself and seen that refresh button on mobile. I can reduce those I believe so it doesnt do that.

12 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

The menu box squares (for each sub forum) makes the site look less streamlined. 

That's something that I believe is linked to this theme. It's different to some weve had before but takes less space up than the previous Dreadnought theme. This feedback helps though mate, so much appreciated!!

7 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

What refresh button? I’m on an iPad 

There's a paintbrush button in the menu bar at the top. When you change the colour, it then gives you a reset button to put it back to what our main colour is. You wont see the menu bar changing size because on a tablet there's enough space.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah that's great to know, you see I've never changed the colour myself and seen that refresh button on mobile. I can reduce those I believe so it doesnt do that.

That's something that I believe is linked to this theme. It's different to some weve had before but takes less space up than the previous Dreadnought theme. This feedback helps though mate, so much appreciated!!

Changing the icon size would help 🙂