THE FG HEALTH CHALLENGE

On 12/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

Reading is great, a nice warm glass of milk. I actually take ZMA which is Zinc and Magnesium, plus me down a treat. Something I do regularly is go to Rainy Mood and listen to the rain, it's white noise and helps you stop thinking about stuff so your brain can zone out. Give it a try, I think you'll be surprised.

Do you go to the gym also mate? I used to take a supplement for sleep, all natural but helps get into that REM sleep for recovery. Let me know and I'll drop the link

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

Do you go to the gym also mate? I used to take a supplement for sleep, all natural but helps get into that REM sleep for recovery. Let me know and I'll drop the link

Yeh I train a bit, I’m good though thanks mate as I don’t have trouble sleeping!

signatures small.jpg

9 hours ago, techno said:

As I normally take added vitamins I've got the ones Elliot recommended and been taking them about a week and half now.

Are there any YouTubers that cover this stuff that you recommend ?

Lol no mate, you tubers only cover the sexy stuff they can sell. You’re better off reading some books and articles

signatures small.jpg

2 hours ago, techno said:

I thought as much tbh

Here are some extracts from a prominent Study: B Vitamin Study

As the B vitamins are water-soluble, any excess is generally excreted in urine. On the one hand, this means they are typically safe at doses much higher than the RDA, but on the other hand, they require a more consistent consumption than the fat soluble vitamins.

The final B vitamin with an ascribed upper limit is vitamin B Six which has an upper limit set at 100 mg/day (approximately 75 × RDA) in the US on the basis of case reports of reversible sensory neuropathy following doses in excess of 1000 mg taken for extended periods. 

Here are some Vitamin D extracts: Vitamin D Study

Till the year 2000, in United States (US) the recommended vitamin D daily dose for men and women of ≤50 years was 200 IU/day. Currently the Recommended Dietary Allowance for vitamin D established by the Institute of Medicine is 600 international units per day until we reach 70 years of age, and 800 IU per day thereafter and raised the safe upper limit to 4,000 IU daily and this is based on 20 ng/mL (50 nmol/L) as adequate. Whereas The Vitamin D Council recommends that healthy adults take 2,000 IU of vitamin D daily.

@GazzaGarratt This is good reading for you too

signatures small.jpg

On 12/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, Spacedeck said:

@Middle Class Caveman @GazzaGarratt I do this sometimes already.  We have a Google Home in the bedroom and that can play ambient sounds.  It can be nice to just have it on in the background. It would be nice if I could set a timer so the sounds will turn off after a certain time but I haven't figured out how to do that.

Maybe this will help Space Sleep timer link off Google support. I need to figure out the same on Alexa Echo machines.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, Baabcat said:

Reading always works for me, knocks me out in about 5 minutes flat. Takes me about a year to read a book !

What you reading? I started to try and do that but I always get pulled towards visual moving things 😄 And no, I've read enough Pop Up books with the kids! 😂

Thanks for the study stuff @Middle Class Caveman . I'm gonna speak to the wife about ordering the same supplements you suggested that @techno  has. Gary, let us know if you sense a change, or even when you sense a change.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarratt thanks, I'll give this a try tonight and see if it works.

Regarding books, if you find yourself needing visualisations, you could have a look at Manga/Comic books. 

I have this book which I'm still to read but I think I'll buy the others first so I can read them in order.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Maybe this will help Space Sleep timer link off Google support. I need to figure out the same on Alexa Echo machines.

What you reading? I started to try and do that but I always get pulled towards visual moving things 😄 And no, I've read enough Pop Up books with the kids! 😂

Thanks for the study stuff @Middle Class Caveman . I'm gonna speak to the wife about ordering the same supplements you suggested that @techno  has. Gary, let us know if you sense a change, or even when you sense a change.

Im guessing they affect people differently however I feel better but I out that down to the placebo effect, im taking something to make me feel better soon should either way im benefitting. 

Examine.com is a great source of information for a scientific, non bias view on what supplements are good and at which doses

The staples for me when I was massively into the gym were a multivitamin, vitamin d and fish oils. Sometimes ashwagandha and a ZMA type product for sleep aid when budget allowed

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2019 at 2:41 PM, Middle Class Caveman said:

@GazzaGarratt @Spacedeck  you can download a free app called Rain Rain and it has a myriad of rain, waves, storms etc!

Downloading this now. Nice one mate.

2 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Pick a sound you like, I use the Rain original or the ocean waves. Try and focus on the sound, nothing else. Breath with it. You'll drop off in minutes.

Will speak to the wife about what she would like to do too. We had a wellbeing session at work and it discussed doing this. It is definitely about clearing your mind and literally being in the 'now' moment, listening to every little thing that happens and not thinking of anything else.

It definitely helps, but it's something I've usually not felt required cos I'm usually knackered enough already!

51 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Will speak to the wife about what she would like to do too. We had a wellbeing session at work and it discussed doing this. It is definitely about clearing your mind and literally being in the 'now' moment, listening to every little thing that happens and not thinking of anything else.

It definitely helps, but it's something I've usually not felt required cos I'm usually knackered enough already!

Well if that's the case then don't do it mate. If you're not struggling to sleep, sleep!

signatures small.jpg

I know it's a popular thing at the moment, but there's no scientific basis for drinking a set amount of water each day.  Depending on activity levels, moisture content of your food, etc. there's no such thing as generic advise that's meaningful.  Your body isn't stupid, just listen to it and drink when you're thirsty.  The "you're already dehydrated by the time you feel thirsty" is nonsense for the vast vast majority of people. 

Is your urine dark?  You aren't drinking enough.  Is your urine light or clear?  You are.  Absent medical conditions and a doctor's advise to the contrary, there is zero reason to make it more complicated then that.

Pretty much nobody in the developed world isn't getting enough salt.   Use something like myfitnesspal to track your intake for a bit and see what your sodium levels actually are.