Season of Dawn Reveal

GazzaGarratt

I tried to keep expectations in check and not get too hyped.

AND THEN THEY BRING SAINT-FUCKING-14 BACK!!

Absolute result for me personally on a story level. Let's just hope the game mechanics and story he's involved in doesn't suck donkey dick or I'll be gutted for life.

Sigh.

I got excited for a bit, until I saw that Sundial thing, which let's be honest is just gonna be another copy & paste horde event. The mp map is another copy & paste job too. 

I've fallen out of love with the game. I hope I get it back, but I can confidently say it'll take one hell of a change for it to happen. Something genuinely different. The game plays it far too safe, the classes are all too similar, not enough variation in content. 

I want a character that transforms in to other shit. One that can heal team mates. Not "here's a little ball, stand in it", I mean actual heals. Like Mercy, or even my priest in WoW. 

I want legit mechanics in fights, stuff that makes your character needed and wanted. Atm you can have any three random characters in any strike and kick ass. I want tanking to be actual tanking. 

Much as I loved the game, wow killed it. Comparing the two is like comparing a bicycle to a Veyron. They'll both get you from A to B, and you'll probably enjoy doing it, but the Veyron is in a whole different league. 

Wow kills everything, but that's me. Cod is on par though, so there's that at least.

banlol.png

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

Sigh.

I got excited for a bit, until I saw that Sundial thing, which let's be honest is just gonna be another copy & paste horde event. The mp map is another copy & paste job too. 

I've fallen out of love with the game. I hope I get it back, but I can confidently say it'll take one hell of a change for it to happen. Something genuinely different. The game plays it far too safe, the classes are all too similar, not enough variation in content. 

I want a character that transforms in to other shit. One that can heal team mates. Not "here's a little ball, stand in it", I mean actual heals. Like Mercy, or even my priest in WoW. 

I want legit mechanics in fights, stuff that makes your character needed and wanted. Atm you can have any three random characters in any strike and kick ass. I want tanking to be actual tanking. 

Much as I loved the game, wow killed it. Comparing the two is like comparing a bicycle to a Veyron. They'll both get you from A to B, and you'll probably enjoy doing it, but the Veyron is in a whole different league. 

Wow kills everything, but that's me. Cod is on par though, so there's that at least.

I actually get the concern. Forgetting fan boy feel about the story it's one of the first times I've been telling myself not to get too upbeat about the season style content. I think that this type of content won't satisfy alot of people that come back to the game and the gamemode has to be better than Vex Offensive for replayability purposes or it'll get rightfully damned. The content will be there and enough for $10 what it's worth but people are changing and wanting even more - not realistic to what the prics they pay and how the game model works.

I'm hoping for a game that I can grind but also gives time for other games. I dont think it should be the only game anyone plays, just the one you come back to every month to get your grind in.

As for the differences between WoW and this. Well, we both know we have the opposite view of each other with that. All I say on that matter is I'll play both still as this has so many varying game modes that are challenging and worth a go. It's the fact people moved away after the utter shite they released in Year 1 of D2 they it's too grindy again, which it isnt. It's fixed now and well worth the time investment.

I suppose it comes down to what you want from your entertainment sometimes you want brain out action flick sometimes more an Oscar worthy production, me I like the fact I can put destiny on and play for an hour or a massive session without too much thought going into it. I thought I'd get into the new armour stuff and the artifact but I haven't and it's made little or no difference to my gaming experience but to others taking time to work shit out it might. 

I haven't played a raidin ages and don't miss it, gambit the same , vex offensive was ok for 10 mins and I don't expect the new season event thing will hold my interest but the meat and potatoes are still there and the crucible is still challenging enough thankfully. 

Until something comes along to draw me away I'll still get enjoyment out of it and it still is probably the best value game I've ever owned.

I saw the trailer but rarely take much notice of stuff like that, Bungie are masters of hype after all. 

Im hoping we get something better than vex offensive , how bungie go from the greatness that was menagerie to the boredom of vex offensive is beyond me and I actually think a 3 month season rotation is probably too ambitious, but I guess this next season is the test of that.

Shadowkeep itself is pretty good, VO just looks like it was thrown together at the last minute to beef out Season if the Undying.

The continuing core PvE content is pretty good, Raid is great, even if boss fight is a tad tricky. Dungeon is pretty straightforward and entertaining with good reward (MW armour). Been trying to do Master Nightmare Hunts, tough but doable, although the time trials needed for the title look super tough. Probably not as rewarding as they should be, seems all the material rewards are in the 980 Nightfall, be interesting to see if this changes. 

Looking forward to the artefact refresh to experiment with new builds, Main issues with artefact and Armour 2.0 seem to be the impossibility off getting a really great set of builds for different scenarios and the fiddly swapping of mods between activity types. Can’t see this changing though. Still my (only) go to game!

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just hope it isn't Curse of Osiris 2!

I bloody hope not too! The good sign is that clearly they can much easier update and revamp Mercury to be a better place to visit - one major thing people asked to happen which was QoL on existing places. Also we will have Sparrows available too which must mean its bigger.

They clearly focused on the one shining light of CoO which was the Saint 14 quest which i bet most people didnt complete or haven't even seen it. Their ability to hook players in on story content is great but they have to back that up now with somehow a near impossible content packed DLC I fear.

56 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I saw the trailer but rarely take much notice of stuff like that, Bungie are masters of hype after all. 

Im hoping we get something better than vex offensive , how bungie go from the greatness that was menagerie to the boredom of vex offensive is beyond me and I actually think a 3 month season rotation is probably too ambitious, but I guess this next season is the test of that.

Shadowkeep itself is pretty good, VO just looks like it was thrown together at the last minute to beef out Season if the Undying.

The continuing core PvE content is pretty good, Raid is great, even if boss fight is a tad tricky. Dungeon is pretty straightforward and entertaining with good reward (MW armour). Been trying to do Master Nightmare Hunts, tough but doable, although the time trials needed for the title look super tough. Probably not as rewarding as they should be, seems all the material rewards are in the 980 Nightfall, be interesting to see if this changes. 

Looking forward to the artefact refresh to experiment with new builds, Main issues with artefact and Armour 2.0 seem to be the impossibility off getting a really great set of builds for different scenarios and the fiddly swapping of mods between activity types. Can’t see this changing though. Still my (only) go to game!

I expect the new 6 player PvE activity to be a variation that is 1 or 2 steps better than Vex Offensive. It has to be or theyll get canned immediately.

Other than that, your thoughts on some of the most interesting and harder challenging content is spot on. The issue is having a fireteam / people to do it with I find. I haven't done any Master Nightfalls or Master Nightmares. I haven't even attempted the new dungeon which I know is great.

It's funny how it's gone the opposite way on content cos people got mad there was fuck all to do. Now theres too much to do, people feel lost and dont know what to do or where to start. I'd suggest starting at putting the disc in, helps 😀

Wish I had more time for Density, its actually really enjoyable on PC. Whenever I stick it on I get sucked in. Started Forsaken but I have bought the newest expansion in the sale last week.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I expect the new 6 player PvE activity to be a variation that is 1 or 2 steps better than Vex Offensive. It has to be or theyll get canned immediately.

Other than that, your thoughts on some of the most interesting and harder challenging content is spot on. The issue is having a fireteam / people to do it with I find. I haven't done any Master Nightfalls or Master Nightmares. I haven't even attempted the new dungeon which I know is great.

It's funny how it's gone the opposite way on content cos people got mad there was fuck all to do. Now theres too much to do, people feel lost and dont know what to do or where to start. I'd suggest starting at putting the disc in, helps 😀

There is actually so much challenging PvE content it is quite hard to know what to do, totally forgot Alter of Sorrow which I have yet to beat. In all cases this stuff just needs a regular team thinking through load outs and giving it a go, and being prepared to fail and try again. 

Dungeon is really doable, next time I’m on for a night I’ll try and get some people through it. First three parts of the raid are also super doable.