Art / Digital Art

Greboth

I know I’ve posted some of my photoshop stuff before but I’m currently on a bit of a binge of photoshop and 3D modelling again recently.  So with @Impulse posting in his introduction about photoshop too, I thought I’d start this thread up to see who else FG has an artistic touch and somewhere for people to post ip their work too.

I can re post some of my stuff but looking forward to seeing other people’s work too 🙂 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 12/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, Greboth said:

I can re post some of my stuff but looking forward to seeing other people’s work too 🙂 

Please do! I wish I had something to show in this thread as I love art and even though I've never learned it, it's one of the only things I've ever wanted to learn.  I've tried many times but I just don't stick with it (most likely due to lack of progress and feeling useless).

Learning is definitely going to be one of my new year resolutions though.

Rather than fully repost, here’s a link the ones I posted in my ppr the other week as Elliott asked.

Do you have anything you want to draw @Spacedeck Maybe I can point you at some books/tutorials/vidoes on the subject.  Sticking with it is the key to success, I hate that it is and I know it’s what everyone says but it is unfortunately true.  The black Honda in my link is probably my best work but I’ve been drawing cars properly for over 10 years now.  I look back at my early stuff and it’s terrible :lol: I’ll see if I have any early stuff so you can see how terrible I was.

55 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Rather than fully repost, here’s a link the ones I posted in my ppr the other week as Elliott asked.

Do you have anything you want to draw @Spacedeck Maybe I can point you at some books/tutorials/vidoes on the subject.  Sticking with it is the key to success, I hate that it is and I know it’s what everyone says but it is unfortunately true.

I haven't thought much about style. I think I'm impressed by seeing fantasy / movie / game characters. It's definitely one style of drawing I'd love to be able to do. 

I've got some tutorial material from a YouTuber called Jazza (aka DrawWithJazza), he released some how to draw books that I've purchased. I keep starting but not finishing another place called DrawABox.

Over the years I've bought so many pencils, coloured pencils, art pads and it's always come to nothing 

55 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

I haven't thought much about style. I think I'm impressed by seeing fantasy / movie / game characters. It's definitely one style of drawing I'd love to be able to do. 

I've got some tutorial material from a YouTuber called Jazza (aka DrawWithJazza), he released some how to draw books that I've purchased. I keep starting but not finishing another place called DrawABox.

Over the years I've bought so many pencils, coloured pencils, art pads and it's always come to nothing 

I’ve watched some Jazza videos though mostly ones where he is messing around rather than any tutorial stuff.  If you want to do character design then most are humanoid-ish so I’d recommend looking in to how to draw people and proportions.  The one book that always gets recommended for that is Andrew Loomis - Figure drawing for all it’s worth.  Loomis has other books for specific things too but that one covers general drawing, proportions, size etc.

The other thing that can help is draw every day.  It doesn’t have to be for long, detailed or very good but getting in to sketching something every day is a great way to learn, practice and come up with new ideas.

31 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Is there anything you can't do Greebs? 🤔 You are most definetly a man of many talents

🤣 I’m a jack of all trades, there’s lots of things I can do alright but very few things I do well.  I just like to learn new things all the time, keeps things interesting.  So currently learning to 3d model in Blender then I’ll need to learn to make textures.  I’m following a tutorial for it at the moment but it’s a massively long tutorial so will be some time before I can post any results.

So after quite some time out of this thread it's finally time for an update.  So after a little over 3 weeks work, I present a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo modelled and rendered in Blender.

Front:

49846426861_50881edf22_h.jpg

Back:

49846729787_6b8b0d9a42_h.jpg

Video:

Video isn't the greatest quality as it's only 720p but that still took ~12.5 hours to render so no way was I going to make higher res.

13 hours ago, Greboth said:

So after quite some time out of this thread it's finally time for an update.  So after a little over 3 weeks work, I present a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo modelled and rendered in Blender.

Front:

49846426861_50881edf22_h.jpg

Back:

49846729787_6b8b0d9a42_h.jpg

Video:

Video isn't the greatest quality as it's only 720p but that still took ~12.5 hours to render so no way was I going to make higher res.

Incredible Greebs. You really have been keeping busy! That looks perfectly done mate, is this something that now you've done this one you'll be able to do more and do them quicker?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Incredible Greebs. You really have been keeping busy! That looks perfectly done mate, is this something that now you've done this one you'll be able to do more and do them quicker?

Thanks mate, yeah apart from a few hours in Minecraft this was all my free time for 3 weeks.  As for being quicker next time, I think a little.  Although I think each model will have unique challenges so I’m not sure that much quicker until I’ve done 5, 10, 20 etc of them.

40 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Its fantastic work mate but hate to tell you, the driving wheel is on the wrong side!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thank you Philly, yeah those pesky Italians do love to drive on the wrong side 😆 I realised after doing all the renders, I missed the wipers too but I cba to re render everything.  Though might model them anyway for completenesses sake.

So I finished this one a couple of weeks ago, just never posted it.  So I present my complete Alfa Romeo 105 Giulia, I managed to model this one quicker than the Lancia above but I spent more time working out the specifics of rendering so this looks more "real".

49981590061_e4b08c5018_h.jpg

And of course, it's mandatory in these situations to add a massive widebody to any car modelled in 3d 😄 Somewhat inspired by the Zakspeed Capri and on Lancia Stratos wheels.

49981063938_54271c8a0d_h.jpg

49981063858_eae016705c_h.jpg

49981589861_dce0d9d7e8_h.jpg

Bloody hell @Greboth that's awesome! Honestly i geniunely thought one was real life and then I couldn't work out which one was not real!

Btw, do Alfa Romeos have that random clover on it or did you add it as a mod?

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Bloody hell @Greboth that's awesome! Honestly i geniunely thought one was real life and then I couldn't work out which one was not real!

Btw, do Alfa Romeos have that random clover on it or did you add it as a mod?

The one on the c pillar? It’s the quadrifoglia badge used on high end Alfa Romeo’s and their racing cars for years.  It’s on the original car so I kept it though it does tie in the car nicely with history.

On 6/9/2020 at 5:32 PM, Greboth said:

The one on the c pillar? It’s the quadrifoglia badge used on high end Alfa Romeo’s and their racing cars for years.  It’s on the original car so I kept it though it does tie in the car nicely with history.

Ah cool, nice keeping to the original history mate. So is the passion to recreate a design and then make one modded to your own ideas? Concept cars are usually the best to look at and have a visual orgasm - probably cos we never get to see the real version 😍😩

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah cool, nice keeping to the original history mate. So is the passion to recreate a design and then make one modded to your own ideas? Concept cars are usually the best to look at and have a visual orgasm - probably cos we never get to see the real version 😍😩

The modifying of cars in 3d is nothing new but for me not really, the modded Alfa just came about because I happened to be talking to the old man about old racing cars; E30 M3's, Sierra Cosworths and Capri's and I got curious about what the Alfa would look with a massive widebody on.  Plus, as I'm new to this sort of modelling, it was something I hadn't done so thought I'd give it a go.  The first car I started modelling in this type of 3d was 5 or 6 years ago and was a DTM style kitted MX5 and one day I plan to finish that.  Generally, though I'm more interested in recreating a design to try and be as close to the real thing as possible.  I'd like to eventually get around to creating my own concepts but it's a whole new ball game from creating a model from blueprints and loads of reference pictures to trying to create a design from nothing.  One day though.

Jesus Christ Greboth that Alfa is awesome!

Loving the work! whats next on the agenda? A fantastic choice of cars too 👍

Can't wait to see the next one.

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

I don’t know what’s next, as I said above I’ve got the dtm inspired mx5 but that was a model I started years ago.  Though that isn’t one I can finish, I’ll probably have to re-model everything.  So thinking of starting a different project instead but haven’t figured out what yet.

Diddums suggested there Bugnotti Delahaye but no blueprints exist for it so I think it’s a bit beyond me to do right now.

You’re going to hate me for saying this but I don’t like Keonigseggs.  I can appreciate that they turn everything up to 11, the design and engineering behind all of that but the looks don’t do it for me.  With the exception of the 720s, I find McLarens the same.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

You’re going to hate me for saying this but I don’t like Keonigseggs.  I can appreciate that they turn everything up to 11, the design and engineering behind all of that but the looks don’t do it for me.  With the exception of the 720s, I find McLarens the same.

Fair play mate, each to their own.

Although, I now will forever worry for you that these aren't sexy to you 😩 What about Audi R8's?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Fair play mate, each to their own.

Although, I now will forever worry for you that these aren't sexy to you 😩 What about Audi R8's?

Nope.  They’re not ugly by any stretch of the imagination but they aren’t sexy either in my opinion.  Compare an R8 to almost any Lamborghini, Ferrari 458, 812, 360, 308, 250, a lot of Jaguars, Aston Martin’s.  Even more normal cars like Peugeots 406 coupe, Peugeot 306, Mk1 Focus - especially the RS, Mazda Rx7 fd, most Alfa Romeos etc.  The R8 just doesn’t come close.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I still rate the Mad Max range of carsemoji847.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yup, though to add to the above list almost every classic muscle car makes the list.  Mustangs, Cobra’s, Corvettes, GTO’s, Impala’s.

Hey question is there a free artwork program for free that can help me make a logo for my cousin’s business I’m working with jeta and gimp but can’t seem to get the two to cooperate is there any thing I can do?