Season One Announced

J4MES OX4D

I actually don't know if there is as much content as it would appear. Bit or a marketing illusion really. 

- 3 recycled core maps 

- one ground war map in a mode not everyone plays

- 2 gunfight maps also a mode with partial interest

That's very much welcome but it still feels spread thin. 

- 3 multiplayer modes which is no biggie - one should've been in the game from the start, the other is nothing special and then the new Gunfight mode just involves picking weapons up instead which was in the beta if I remember rightly anyway!?

- 4 new spec ops experiences (missions) to add the ONE we have already taking the total to five which is still over 15 missions short of MW2 at launch. Mode is still broken, completely flawed and adding a few more missions isn't going to set the world alight. Spec Ops is so bad it would make the game better if it was cut out altogether. 

- 2 new weapons - after the amount of weapons that have been pumped in through supply drops and through DLC purchases, two freebies aren't exactly going to make much of an impact.

Free content is free content but after the last patch was talked up the way it was, I'm not expecting too much here and breaking it all down, it's not going to radically change or bolster the experience for months to come. I'm also getting pretty fed up of COD bailing itself out with recycled maps too.   

'and more' needs to be clarified too - looks like a placeholder to nothing. 

Although more maps is good I'm disappointed it's maps that we've played in god knows how many games.

They have 5 games to choose from for maps (if you include Ghosts and IW) and they go for the same fucking maps again! I'd like to see some MW3 maps return. They had some decent ones in there. Ghosts had a couple of decent maps as well.

fart.gif

I'm happy they are adding some stuff, old maps or whatever. I will still be happy to play them.

Crash was already a MW2 free DLC map, obviously featured in COD4 originally. And yeah shipment/vacant.

I want some MW3 maps also. Bootleg, Arkaden, Underground. Hell any of them other MW3 maps tbh.

They are presenting it in a "Wow" fashion. Free! Etc. Totally agree with James yet again.

Still is very welcoming, would rather play some of them older maps than some of the current.

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Crash was already a MW2 free DLC map, obviously featured in COD4 originally. And yeah shipment/vacant

Both Crash and Vacant we had to pay for back in MW2 with Stimulus and Resurgence. I can't quite remember the reception back then but I think people were just happy to have new maps regardless on top of what was a hugely popular game at the time. I'm pretty tired of Vacant after playing it in COD4, MW2 and MWR plus 725's are going to be rife on there! Crash is decent but I would've preferred Afghan and Terminal along with Highrise as those have only had remakes in Infinite Warfare which barely anyone got to experience. 

If it's a choice between more shite new maps or proven old maps, I'd happily go with the latter though! Recycled shite was more unacceptable in Treyarch games as people had to pay for it blind. 

I'm happy they're paying more attention to Spec Ops, it was the only real disappointment for me at launch.

Wish they'd poll the players if they do old maps and ask us what we'd like.

Kowloon and Favela for me. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Lol.....its about as "free" as "free goverment broadband" but nevermind.

I actually dont mind the maps. Maybe because I'm only playing HC DOM/KC. I hate piccadilly with a passion though I did get a gunship last time I played it because I didnt back out enough.

I also wish we could uninstall the campaign and keep MP..my baby hard drive is not happy.

-Shoot house is great fun but very hectic.

-I like granzia(sp?) Raid, but that trench area rarely gets used by anyone and it's very big for 6v6.

- gun runner is a cool map.

- I dont mind the cave but it's also becomes a nightmare if the other team decides to camp.

I would love to see sub base, Afghan, terminal, high rise, dome and maybe some other MW3 maps.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

On 11/27/2019 at 5:22 AM, MrBiron said:

Although more maps is good I'm disappointed it's maps that we've played in god knows how many games.

They have 5 games to choose from for maps (if you include Ghosts and IW) and they go for the same fucking maps again! I'd like to see some MW3 maps return. They had some decent ones in there. Ghosts had a couple of decent maps as well.

YES!  I'd love so see some MW3 maps come back!  Lockdown, Village, Mission, Dome, Arkaden, Bootleg... so many good maps!  

I've always loved the map, Crash, but we've already revisited it with the free version of CoD4.  I'm cool with some old maps, but use something that we haven't played to death.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

10 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Pretty cool, although it does look like a GW version of Shipment. Also I seen footage of the 2 Gin game maps. Atrium and Cargo.

Funny enough it looks like an even smaller shipment, the Cargo map.

It's 1 map 3 ways if you ask me. 😂

On 11/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, Dr Diamond said:

It's not "free" if you've already paid for the game haha.

It's an update to the game adding things you will not be paying for. Sometimes Adam, you confuse the fuck out of me.

It's an update to the game adding things you will not be paying for. Sometimes Adam, you confuse the fuck out of me.
Haha

My point is there is no way a Corp like Activision gives away anything for free.

They would have factored in all the "free" stuff In to the cost of development when they made the game and now they are trickling it out to us and telling us we havent already payed for it [emoji1782]

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

The 'free' stuff in this game is mostly withheld content. We've already paid for it but instead getting it in dribs and drabs. The PC files at launch pretty much have everything likely to become available through the duration of the year and it's probably already produced ready to go when needed. Whilst it will turn out to be a lot of content, from another perspective, it's more of an illusion. We may get 19 more spec ops missions for FREE yet we only got one at launch for example taking the total to 20 which is still less than MW2 and MW3.  The general thing with a lot of these games is release a half finished product, release the other half for free or as paid DLC.

This made me laugh

All depends on your concept of "free" and of course, context.

Adam is correct in his criticism and can justify saying it isn't free...but at the same time it is free as no further exchange of money takes place.

Silly conversation [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Let's just call it delayed release and move on [emoji28]

Either way it still has problems that need sorting which probably never will be sorted...which is a shame because underneath it all the killstreaks, guns, gunsmith etc are all actually really cool and make it feel like a proper cod game

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

Regardless whether it's classified as free or not, I am insanely excited for the new guns. Specifically the LMG. I've been on a LMG kick and hoping this one takes the cake. Not to mention shipment being added. 

I think it's good they're trickling out updates like this even if they were supposed to be in the game already. It makes for frequent content which is what they need to stay relevant. 

I’ve just heard that Vacant and Shipment aren’t even going to be put in the game yet!? People are crying out for ‘new’ maps and now we only get one out of three in the update. This is unbelievable if they are drip feeding the content like this. 

Can anyone confirm this is the case?