SBMM analysis.

MrBiron

TL; DW It doesn't affect connection. But it's based on your last 5 games KDR. Do well for a few games and you'll be put into lobbies with higher skilled players.

So, basically, it's bullshit. How can you get better at the game when you only have to do well in a few matches before the game puts you against better players.

They need to add ranked and remove SBMM from public matches. It should only be in pubs for the REALLY bad, or maybe disabled/handicapped, players so they don't get wrecked every match. All players from average to very good should be in the same player pool.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

Also, if you play in a party with people of a much higher skill then you'll get absolutely fucking destroyed. It will base the skill of the players you meet on the higher skilled players in your party.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

Also also, Drift0r made a similar video and he says that it appears there is some sort of hidden ranking system in the game. So high skill players will always play high skill players and tanking your k/d for a few games won't affect it.

fart.gif

I was quite disappointed with Drift0r’s video yesterday - it started off quite promising and then didn’t really deliver anything conclusive and the latter part was all speculation. I don’t think people really care how it works or why it’s in the game - they just want it removed and rightly so. COD has never been the same since it turned into a sweatfest and lobby matchmaking was dictated by things other than connection. 

Ironically it was only a couple of years ago Drift0r said SBMM did not exist in any COD game and he waged a $1000 bet or something and was subsequently proved wrong and had to pay up. He then got ridiculed by even the devs. I think we need someone like Battlenonsense to dig deep and investigate this properly but a lot of the workings will probably never be truly discovered or ever disclosed and they probably change over time especially when the monetisation kicks in.

@MrBiron I’m a little confused. How do you get better if you play against trash players. You don’t. You get better by playing comparable opponents. Both his and Ace’s video said the same things. Tested separately, that it seemed that it was mostly level based more so than skill. Yeah they couldn’t figure why after five games or so that the quality of players seemed to be better. Nothing in their testing could figure out why. Driftor also had a new video out today stating that the sample size was way to low to prove for or against their original videos. They did pretty much prove that SBMM isn’t in the game. There’s some sort of algorithm that mixes stuff up but if you look at their analytics which was provided you will see that even at the high KD that was a 4+ they were constantly matched with sub 1 Kd players. 

On the topic of partying up the game try to place you against another party. So yeah if you’re playing someone that’s in a party the chances of you getting against better players is more common. Plus you figure in the communication it makes for a much more sweaty match. 

They also said that in their observations that it always matched with connection first and have the numbers that proved it. 

I don’t think it matters. Just play the damn game. If the lobby is shit then back out and try another  yes there will be better players. You won’t always wreck others. I’ve have both bad games and off the wall games. I don’t care about the SBMM  

9 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

@MrBiron I’m a little confused. How do you get better if you play against trash players. You don’t. You get better by playing comparable opponents. Both his and Ace’s video said the same things. Tested separately, that it seemed that it was mostly level based more so than skill. Yeah they couldn’t figure why after five games or so that the quality of players seemed to be better. Nothing in their testing could figure out why. Driftor also had a new video out today stating that the sample size was way to low to prove for or against their original videos. They did pretty much prove that SBMM isn’t in the game. There’s some sort of algorithm that mixes stuff up but if you look at their analytics which was provided you will see that even at the high KD that was a 4+ they were constantly matched with sub 1 Kd players. 

On the topic of partying up the game try to place you against another party. So yeah if you’re playing someone that’s in a party the chances of you getting against better players is more common. Plus you figure in the communication it makes for a much more sweaty match. 

They also said that in their observations that it always matched with connection first and have the numbers that proved it. 

I never said that if you play against trash players you get better. I said you can't get better if the game puts you into a lobby with much higher skilled players after only a few matches as the game thinks a player getting a decent kd/r for a games is suddenly MLG skill level.

I'm also confused as you said the other day "It’s the SBMM shit I’m convinced. "  that affects connection. But now you're saying that SBMM isn't in the game and it always prioritises connection anyway 🤪

The thing is that I've never moaned about SBMM. I put up this video for people who are convinced this game chooses skill before connection.

fart.gif

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I never said that if you play against trash players you get better. I said you can't get better if the game puts you into a lobby with much higher skilled players after only a few matches as the game thinks a player getting a decent kd/r for a games is suddenly MLG skill level.

I'm also confused as you said the other day "It’s the SBMM shit I’m convinced. "  that affects connection. But now you're saying that SBMM isn't in the game and it always prioritises connection anyway 🤪

The thing is that I've never moaned about SBMM. I put up this video for people who are convinced this game chooses skill before connection.

I’m not saying that SBMM isn’t in there or that it always goes with connection first. They are. I very rarely have connection issues. However will get into a lobby with some real tryhards after a few games. I also know that it try’s to put you against teams if you’re partied up. 

Honestly I think there is some kind of fuckery going on with the matchmaking system. Don’t know what it is but something is definitely there. I just really don’t care about it though. I’m more pissed it takes me three days to hack something with EOD. I just want this challenge done 

Just a guess but I'd say:-

- Connection is likely prioritised and the fact they are publishing ping figures rather than just bars or outright hiding such elements knowing they can be caught suggests this may be the case. They have falsified this shit in the past where it was totally removed or masked in later COD titles. 

- 'Skill' is probably more attributed to form, possibly in 5 game blocks of averages rather than outright k/d. 

- Clans are being matched against other clans when possible so a low skilled/reverse boosted party leader can't take a team of pub stompers into a low skill lobby. If no other team is available, they are probably being put into high-end form lobbies or ones comparable to the party leaders form. 

I do think once connection quality is established, then skill becomes a factor for matchmaking so it's possible both of these elements are working hand in hand and are equally important. 

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

They also think there is some sort of hidden MMR or ELO rank system in the game.

Probably something surrounding money/COD point balance/previous spend. Similar to how YouTuber's like Korean Savage always find themselves in lobbies with the weakest players or even bots even if they are pumping out 3-5 k/d's a match. Content creators tied to Activision seem to always get easy lobbies and I bet there is a underlying system in place where financially dedicated players are more rewarded and ones that aren't are then enticed to spend money in a deluded attempt to improve their experience. This is what they were going for in that patent and I reckon there is probably some sort of system in play which is based on prospective spend or something to that tune. 

If they aren't operating a strictly connection based system then something shady is awry. In there isn't a hidden thing in place, there certainly will be once the Premium Stream comes into play.

40 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I'm not convinced there is some system in that purposely puts you in shitty lobbies if you don't spend any money. As much as I think Activision are greedy fucks I don't think even they'd do that.

They already  have a patent in this domain where matchmaking is manipulated to encourage users to spend money. They've had this for 4 years now. I would't put anything past them. 

wuqlimbjdno1ccztvy8q.png

If they were willing to do this with supply drops, then they are surely willing to manipulate matchmaking to the same tune with other considerations. Whether this will be done in MW, we don't know as there are no pay 2 win elements yet or supply drops but this something to consider. We'll have to see if anything changes when the premium stream kicks in.  I do currently believe content creators get an easy ride and I also believe this patent has also been in effect or at least tested in previous games to a degree. 

My prediction come December is freemium users will be pitted more against premium stream purchasers in a bid to get them to upgrade their pass or be tempted to any microtransactions. Whilst his may not affect matchmaking, it will give the impression players are being more pitted against sweats and dedicated players in which you may indeed get matched to these type of players regardless. That's what I think will happen. 

I still think they should implement an in game ranking system. Levels challenges, and etc is all play time anyways. The amount of time it takes you to complete something is skill based, but they are just pub lobbies after all. Maybe this is the competitive side in me, but match mmr is pretty useless since there's really nothing to boast about if you're slapping kids that can hardly react in 5 seconds to seeing someone. I think if you really want to play against good players in a competitive style environment, you should join gb's or set up private lobbies.