Half Life: Alyx

J4MES OX4D

2019-2020 seems to be the return of the greats even if it's just a bunch of remastered stuff. Even in the music industry it's happening. Half life was actually the last thing I thought I would of seen any sort of update to though. We need team fortress now! 

Anyone know a cheap VR setup with motion controls that would be compatible for this? I've heard there's mixed reality sets and other 3rd party kits that are much cheaper than the Index. I am very keen to play this but I don't want to pay outlandish money for something that may end up shoved in a cupboard. 

Get the Index. The resolution of the headset is way better and the controller are easily the best out.

Games are getting better and you’ll want that resolution, plus the finger tracking is being used in newer games.

33 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Get the Index. The resolution of the headset is way better and the controller are easily the best out.

Games are getting better and you’ll want that resolution, plus the finger tracking is being used in newer games.

Sounds good. There's just a teeny tiny stumbling block that could prove to be a slight issue with your suggestion; where am I gonna get £1000 from?😂

22 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Sounds good. There's just a teeny tiny stumbling block that could prove to be a slight issue with your suggestion; where am I gonna get £1000 from?😂

From trees. Does money still grow on trees?

I saw another review today from angryjoe and apparently the motion sickness is an issue with the Valve Index playing this for longer than half an hour. I was under the impression one of the selling points was that the higher resolution and design meant motion sickness was less of an issue. So I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I saw another review today from angryjoe and apparently the motion sickness is an issue with the Valve Index playing this for longer than half an hour. I was under the impression one of the selling points was that the higher resolution and design meant motion sickness was less of an issue. So I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think motion sickness affects people differently and that's one of the risks with VR. Seems Valve have done their best to try and mitigate this as there are 4 different controller types from full room movement to simply sitting down and teleporting. Many others have said they've experienced no sickness and that is is a very smooth in-game experience although some have mentioned something about 'smooth turning' which affects some.

It'll be interesting to see more feedback once people have really got into it. I'd hate to spend £400 on a VR kit and £45 on the game only to get motion sickness after 20 minutes! 

On 3/24/2020 at 2:54 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I think motion sickness affects people differently and that's one of the risks with VR. Seems Valve have done their best to try and mitigate this as there are 4 different controller types from full room movement to simply sitting down and teleporting. Many others have said they've experienced no sickness and that is is a very smooth in-game experience although some have mentioned something about 'smooth turning' which affects some.

It'll be interesting to see more feedback once people have really got into it. I'd hate to spend £400 on a VR kit and £45 on the game only to get motion sickness after 20 minutes! 

Yeah you're right James, it does affect people differently. I don't get motion sickness but sometimes it gives me a banging headache after, this could be that the VR kit i'm using isn't calibrated to my eyes. This should also help people with motion sickness as well.

I've still only heard good things about this game.