Battle Royale incoming.

MrBiron

Inevitable really. It's just the map used in spec ops and they would never have created such a vast space if it wasn't going to be used for BR. I may give it a go but it's not something I'll likely bother with. Hopefully it wont detract too many people away from the core multiplayer.  

I have a feeling this game is going to change dramatically in December when the premium aspects come in. 

22 hours ago, tronic44 said:

It’s about time someone put battle royal into a game, it’s been a whole week since a battle royal game, my loins burn in anticipation.

Right! I've *literally* no idea why nobody else hasn't thought of it before!

fart.gif

Yeah it's not something I will play. I'm all about the MP and respawn modes mainly.

Like someone else mentioned. I'm all for them having the BR, but it better not dilute the MP. Or spend too much energy on one or the other.

If they add it, don't slack on the MP! That's my thoughts atm.

Fortnite, King of the Kill, BO4 Blackout etc.  are examples of Battle Royale.  A large number of players spawn in on a large map and last man or last squad standing.
Haha cheers man, I was only joking though [emoji23]

Not sure I've seen one before... [emoji6]

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

On 11/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Like someone else mentioned. I'm all for them having the BR, but it better not dilute the MP. Or spend too much energy on one or the other.

If they add it, don't slack on the MP! That's my thoughts atm.

BR is apparently being worked on by Raven so IW will still be concentrating on MP.

fart.gif

Is it a free update to the game? If so, then I can't see why we'd have a problem with it. There's not many games out there that give you more features or even gamemodes for free and i'd argue that because we already have a solid campaign and MP already for our money then this should be seen as a positive move.

It will also bring BO4 players into the population as there will be some still playing that because it has BR connected to it.

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it a free update to the game? If so, then I can't see why we'd have a problem with it. There's not many games out there that give you more features or even gamemodes for free and i'd argue that because we already have a solid campaign and MP already for our money then this should be seen as a positive move.

It will also bring BO4 players into the population as there will be some still playing that because it has BR connected to it.

I am a bit skeptical about it because it feels more of a cash grab for Activision rather than something to bolster the product especially with the core game still having many fundamental design and technical issues. I'd rather they iron out those before they include yet another tacked on mode which has to be heavily supported.

Spec Ops and Trials are still pathetically unfinished and largely neglected so having another aspect to manage will just spread the support and population even more thin of the product. There is still so many bugs and other issues going on, BR will just add and create more problems I reckon. 

On 11/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I am a bit skeptical about it because it feels more of a cash grab for Activision rather than something to bolster the product especially with the core game still having many fundamental design and technical issues. I'd rather they iron out those before they include yet another tacked on mode which has to be heavily supported.

Spec Ops and Trials are still pathetically unfinished and largely neglected so having another aspect to manage will just spread the support and population even more thin of the product. There is still so many bugs and other issues going on, BR will just add and create more problems I reckon. 

I suppose it depends on how you view it. If its a free update then it can't be seen as a cash grab. Also, regarding priority to fix other parts of the game against this, I imagine this is a completely different set of developers creating this as opposed to the ones that need to look at Spec Ops.

I imagine it could bring microtransactions if they have BR with a battle pass but thats a tried and tested method of making money and they still need to make money to support the game (not Activision, IW) so developers can support the game further. This is one of those where we can probably only judge once we see it rather than dismissing it early.