WWYD FG - CoD MW Menus and UI

GazzaGarratt

What Would You Do (WWYD) FG?

Menus and UI in CoD has literally been non-existent in forever and they've pulled the cardboard out of the cupboard this time round and exceeded to hit that mark once again.

I'd love to know what would you change to make it better? I think the game kinda deserves it tbh.

The challenge system for me is just so bare that it needs an overhaul although you can see the potential with it. I didnt even realise that a mission once completed just sits there and theres no filter I can see to move it out. If they sorted challenges, then I think they'd be hitting a huge market that love completing objectives.

Other than that, it's not clear how the Quickplay filters work, nor it is clear about Hardcore. I played my first HC games last night because it was one of the lads that found you need to press Square on the filtered options.

One thing that is great is the attachment system and how you can view and edit pretty easily. They need to keep that part for sure.

Anything else everyone?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I hate that when you unlock a calling card or emblem, it doesn’t even tell you how you did it. I dislike how missions are presented and how they function - they are also broken and still not fixed after 8 patches in excess of 25gb.

There are too many challenges in operation and aside from daily’s, you are never told of your progress pre and post matches. Who wants to faff around 20+ pages of stuff

just to handpick challenges? You probably complete a few after each match without even knowing. 

I also wish they’d remove your character walking through rubble - it’s a pointless animation that takes up needless VRAM for absolutely no purpose. In the pre-match lobby, I’d wish it would differentiate teams and show all players. 

Yeah it's horrible, the challenges did I do one? Did it even count? Also as James stated, would be nice to know how you unlocked calling cards/emblems without random guesses.

The menu's/UI  are ugly and distracting, so many pages of useless shit. Now I've passed level 55, I've to check the rank progression screen for more challenges. 

I said it already, no prestiges/calling cards/challenges to grind.

I hit a quad feed earlier but of course the selected challenge is like the last one out of 12 I haven't even started.

Hit a super kill last night with a VTOL Jet. If that was any other cod that's guarrented a cool calling card surely?

Tried to do the perk set of challenges the last few days. Had 49/60 on the scavenger and it was wiped to zero.

Tried warrior code last night but got reset twice.

Since the patch earlier, warrior code is now letting me go onto the 2nd challenge, finally! It better be fixed somewhat now, it's giving me hope!

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Since the patch earlier, warrior code is now letting me go onto the 2nd challenge, finally! It better be fixed somewhat now, it's giving me hope!

It's still stuck at 7/12 for me and broken. On the plus side the Missions don't seem to deselect themselves now after every match but this one is still buggered sadly! 

On a sidenote, the officer ranks screen is quite messy too - everything all blends into one and you have to hover over each ribbon to see what it is and how many is required to complete the challenge.

YnOm-H-fbN1qCKEpue-n5DGYMoylmQs2hQSgAqeN

Also big YouTuber's who have completed this seasonal challenge have reported their consoles either bricking or the game relentlessly crashing meaning they can't play or even access their COD account.  

Oh that officer rank page is really messy. I only started a few ribbons so didn't know what it would look like.

Absolutely disgusting to look at judging by your pic.

Yeah that console getting bricked or crashing. Only saw about that earlier today. That really is unforgivable, you can't even play on your account.

Wtf is this game tho! How is that fair?

Is it because they hit max level?

I dunno about you guys, but it feels like they are still "Making" the game even after release.

That ribbon extra challenges and where it is, it's like they are just adding bits as they go along.

Also the sheer amount of problems is too much work for the developers. It just looks like they are trying their best, but can't meet expectations and demands.

The issue with the realm 156 bug as been resolved. 

There’s parts of the challenges I like while others I don’t. I wish it was like older CoDs where there was always something you were unlocking but I also like the missions as long as they track, it seems like they have fixed most of the bugs with it. Not too crazy about the officer stuff to be honest. Way too much going on there. I understand most are ones you can complete just by playing the game. I wish it was more streamlined. 

Doing challenges are my thing in CoD games so the more they have the better. Unfortunately it seems like there are actually less this time around. I much prefer the old MW2/3 style vs this one. 

For me, the challenges concept is great just delivered barebones.

I'd love to see them flesh it out with things like:

• UI mid-game letting you know once you complete a mission objective
  • Filter to show completed challenges allowing you to see whats left to do
  • The ability to choose maybe 3 max missions at one time. 1 feels a little harsh
  • Separate ways to see rewards and what they actually mean. I want more incentive to tell me theres a reason why you should select this mission

Blueprints sound great too but they're not in your face and couldn't see where to activate them. Sometimes just a bright flashing option over what's new would be a delight to see so it stands out there's something there.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb