Fresh start: WoW Classic 2.0

Diddums

I had a massive rant typed out to explain what kind of cretins we're dealing with on our server but it's not worth it, so here's what we're gonna do anyway. 

We're leaving Flamelash because cunts. That's the TL;DR of it. 

So we need to pick a server, which gives us a few options, the only requirements are PVE, and high pop. Nonnadis low pop bollocks, no more PVP, and certainly no RP, because we all have lives and women and don't need to get our kicks off to fantasies of banging night elves in sheds. @Middle Class Caveman will likely pick one, please post it here when you do.

The next choice is Alliance or Horde. As most of us are fed up with Alliance at the moment we're leaning towards Horde. This is still flexible obviously, so chime in.

Once we've made that decision, it's class selection time. Personally I'm going priest again, because priests are amazing and piss easy to level and everyone always needs healers. Will likely do a warrior alt because tanks are always in demand. @Middle Class Caveman has mentioned a rogue, druid or huntard, he'll hafta see. @Misneach_ whatcha gonna be? @J&B? For @GazzaGarratt I'd say either a warlock or mage. Leigh played a Paladin up to level 14 so it's no fucking wonder he's not sucked in to the game, paladins suck balls. Maybe a rogue actually, Leigh loves burst damage and rogues are one of the highest bursts in the game. @tronic44 has even downloaded the game, for him I'd definitely say mage or warlock. Mages can make food, water and teleports, warlocks can summon and have pets. I'll link some videos below to help you guys with your decision. @crispymorgan needs to just succumb and get on with it goddammit.

The final question is guild, having run our very own FG guild for the last couple of months I can honestly say I'm just fed up with it, I don't have the time to do the recruiting and whatnot, when I log on I just want to play, not fuck about managing shit. I'll happily start another guild but I expect others to help run it and recruit too, not leave it all to me. I've also had many, many people ask me if I want to join their guilds after healing them because I'm just an epic healer (no jokes, I actually really am an amazeballs healer, think Mercy and multiply that by 10), and having played the game for well over a decade now, and known you lot for just as long if not longer, I can honestly say that you guys would be superb in whatever role you decide to play because you're considerably smarter than the average gamer who, let's be honest, would probably lose a game of chess to a retarded tadpole.

Here are some vids for inspiration and to help you pick your class:

Wille's "Was it any good though" series (very good, very informative).

Once you've picked a class, Wille's "Playing to your class' strengths" series is also very good.

Madseason is one of the best Youtubers for WoW content. He sounds like he's about to slit his wrists but he's actually very informative and often entertaining. This video is a great resource to have on whilst cleaning / ironing / wanking  / whatever:

That's all for now, get your shit together you noobs. 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I really don’t want to go horde as I don’t know it at all! However, I am too open to discussion.

I think I’m gonna run a hybrid class so that I can sit in dungeons when I want healing or dpsing

also, let’s join a guild - there are already loads made up

Cool. Let's do Alliance then. I only say Horde because it's a change of scenery, but if we're taking on some newer faces then being Alliance would be greatly beneficial as we've both got fucktonnes of experience in it and can offer advice on where to go, which dungeons to do, whatever.

Plus I fucking love my Dorf, he reminds me on @Nutcuttlit with his scottash accent. 

banlol.png

I've made a post on the forums, dunno if it'll result in anything but we'll see. 

61fe941531381941bbf5373e83a5be6a9b07c20e
EU.FORUMS.BLIZZARD.COM

Are you looking for a few folks to join your guild? Well, you’re in luck, because there are a few of us looking for a guild, and are happy to transfer servers. The TL;DR is that we’re all middle aged men with jobs...

banlol.png

14 hours ago, J&B said:

Has anyone found a guild yet? Also I’ve made a Dwarf warrior. 

what are people’s Battle.net names so I can add you all. 

Sent you a few bits last night.

@Misneach_ thanks for the stuff big guy but priests can't wear leather 😄

I'm also gonna send anything that'll benefit a warrior to marc cos that's some fucking dedication that. Priest is level 10 and in Westfall.

banlol.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

Oh and haven't found a guild yet. Haven't really bothered tbh.

I don't get the community side of things in WoW so I don't the perks, etc from what comes from a Guild. I'd always say it would be cool that we had our own but if it takes others too much time then equally get why we'd join another one. As we're all a bunch of filthy casuals compared to resident WoW players, I don't know how that's viewed anyway in the WoW community.

How do I get my character name off you btw?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't get the community side of things in WoW so I don't the perks, etc from what comes from a Guild. I'd always say it would be cool that we had our own but if it takes others too much time then equally get why we'd join another one. As we're all a bunch of filthy casuals compared to resident WoW players, I don't know how that's viewed anyway in the WoW community.

How do I get my character name off you btw?

You let me know when you want it and I delete the character, releasing the name. I simply reserved it issall. I was gonna take all his clothes off and dance naked in the middle of Ironforge for a bit but you'll never live that down. I can still be persuaded however.

As for a guild, it's like a clan in Destiny. It's literally just a smaller community in which you build relationships, help each other out, etc. It's 100% social, there are no perks to it, it's what you make of it. 

Every wow player, apart from the hardcores, are filthy casuals. We play because we enjoy the game, we're in no rush to get anywhere, it's all about the journey, not the destination. The fact that the destination has loads of cool shit is just a bonus. The hardcores can fuck off, ain't nobody got time fo' dat. 

Also I've decided you're going to be a mage or rogue this time, so start looking at guides and shit and decide. One is a caster, the other is a backstabbing, invisible-going, pop out of nowhere and shank you fam cunt. Great fun. 

banlol.png

On 11/20/2019 at 2:23 PM, Middle Class Caveman said:

I joined a guild last night called Never Seen, nice enough lads

And now we're both in a guild called Azeroth After Dark, which seems nice enough. 

Diddums is now level 24, almost 25. Apart from the Corporal Keenan quest I'm all done in Redridge and have done quite a bit in Duskwood, but still got quite a bit to do. I need to do Stormwind Stockades next, the only dungeon I've done is the Deadmines, in which I don't think there's actually any loot left for me, I've got the chest, the staff and the wand, pretty sure that's it for a priest. 

I still want to do Wailing Caverns & Shadowfang keep too. Enchanting and tailoring are coming along nicely, I should be on silk bags soon, so will be able to make 10 slotters, however I can make 8 slotters in the mean time if you need any. If I have enough materials I'll make some for @J&B tonight. 

banlol.png

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

And now we're both in a guild called Azeroth After Dark, which seems nice enough. 

Diddums is now level 24, almost 25. Apart from the Corporal Keenan quest I'm all done in Redridge and have done quite a bit in Duskwood, but still got quite a bit to do. I need to do Stormwind Stockades next, the only dungeon I've done is the Deadmines, in which I don't think there's actually any loot left for me, I've got the chest, the staff and the wand, pretty sure that's it for a priest. 

I still want to do Wailing Caverns & Shadowfang keep too. Enchanting and tailoring are coming along nicely, I should be on silk bags soon, so will be able to make 10 slotters, however I can make 8 slotters in the mean time if you need any. If I have enough materials I'll make some for @J&B tonight. 

I'm level 19, been deadlines and got both fancy weapons in there for my rogue. I actually need to finish the west fall quests and go DM again to get the quest reward tunic. Then I will head back her to Darkshore to finish the higher level quests there. Want to hit level 21 this week but timings are bit tight with work etc.

signatures small.jpg

Nice to be around when everyone was on the other night. Much nicer chilling in Discord whilst doing some quests to help pass the time. Also, cheers for my bags too @Diddums

I'll need to add you when i'm next on @Impulse .

8 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I'm gonna try and get back on over the weekend as i've been awol a lot, i'm really struggling to get back into it this second time around as the grind to 60 is quite tedious!

Play retail then, get everything handed to you on a silver platter. 

PointedEnormousAnt-size_restricted.gif

banlol.png

8 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I'm gonna try and get back on over the weekend as i've been awol a lot, i'm really struggling to get back into it this second time around as the grind to 60 is quite tedious!

Put some times up then when we can all be around. I can't just be there at a drop of the hat so when we had that event last week that was great. I didn't have to party up with you but being around if I had a question and enjoying content with your mates makes pretty much any game enjoyable. Go get some dates Chief!

I just looked at the WoW site and thought, hmm... if I were to play this, what direction would I go as far as character creation.  Here's what I decided.

Dark Elf Mage with Fire 

Fire Starter

Blast Wave

Incanter's Flow

Phoenix Flames

Frenetic Flames

Conflagration 

Meteor

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png