Proof This Game Is Broken

J4MES OX4D

Finally there is proof that hit registration and camera angles are borked. I thought it was just down to the shitty netcode of 20hz servers, missing frames and general connections but when it still exists in an offline environment, there is definitely a major underlying issue built into the core framework that needs to be fixed. Doesn't look like eSport teams are too pleased either and rightly so - $25m to playing in an out of sync LAN game...

Surely Drift0r’s video is explained the the broken angles video?

He mentions it in the video about what causes it so I’d be interested to know how other FPS games perform in the same scenario.  As it seems it is a limitation of a single camera perspective which surely effects most/all FPS?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

29 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Surely Drift0r’s video is explained the the broken angles video?

He mentions it in the video about what causes it so I’d be interested to know how other FPS games perform in the same scenario.  As it seems it is a limitation of a single camera perspective which surely effects most/all FPS?

I haven't encountered this in any other FPS outside of lag and missing frames. A viewing angle should never cause a player to be completely invisible plus having a slanted angle of any kind from a POV standpoint whether it is intentional of a technical flaw is not ideal. It is something that will have to be examined by the community or explained further by the devs. Add this to missing frames and any lag online and some players wont stand a chance in certain situations. Competitive matches will be dictated purely by a lopsided play of angles rather than standard reaction-based gunplay.  The right into left perspective has an advantage it seems - if this is deliberate by the devs then they have to offer a left handed option or change hands on the fly feature. Invisible enemies in this game is definitely more noticeable than any other FPS I've played. 

I can appreciate the problem is poses and I’m not trying to defend CoD.  I just don’t see how other games could get round this problem.  Stand really close to a wall and you’ll have this exact problem in real life too.  There are some smart people working in game dev so maybe they have found a solution to this - I don’t know.

It’s easy to jump on the lol CoD is shit bandwagan especially without presenting any balance to the videos.  So yes CoD has this problem but if other games have the same problem then you can’t criticise CoD for it.  If it is a CoD specific problem then it shouldn’t be hard to show other games doing it right.

For the record too, I’m not talking about any confirmation bias which is what some of these fall in to.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

32 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I can appreciate the problem is poses and I’m not trying to defend CoD.  I just don’t see how other games could get round this problem.  Stand really close to a wall and you’ll have this exact problem in real life too.  There are some smart people working in game dev so maybe they have found a solution to this - I don’t know.

It’s easy to jump on the lol CoD is shit bandwagan especially without presenting any balance to the videos.  So yes CoD has this problem but if other games have the same problem then you can’t criticise CoD for it.  If it is a CoD specific problem then it shouldn’t be hard to show other games doing it right.

For the record too, I’m not talking about any confirmation bias which is what some of these fall in to.

Because practically all other FPS including historic COD ones have a central viewpoint not dictated by angles. The crosshair is your eyes essentially. If you can see an enemy looking straight at them then logic would dictate that they can see you in the same way particularly when lag is not a factor. Even if you only see 66% of them and they can see 100% of you, if both players crosshairs are lined up irrespective of the 34% cover, the  crosshair which should be the origin of bullets should line up on the enemy regardless of any phantom angles of the gun. Black Ops 4 also had similar issues with people bunnyhopping round corners.

Bullets are typically fired from the crosshair (your head) and not the gun regardless of animations. Even on the old COD games, things like bullet pathing stemmed from the head and not the gun itself irrespective of the first person animation and 3rd person interpretation.  

B3sCS8Vh.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 1 views.

Whatever they've done to Modern Warfare, it's not entirely on-centre and the true bullet pathing on this engine has to be analysed based on how the viewpoint works.  Also the ghost bullets is a huge issue too and there's no excuse with that. 

CSGO is the only game I know of, and BF4 where the bullets come out of your gun, not your eyes.

Because practically all other FPS including historic COD ones have a central viewpoint not dictated by angles. The crosshair is your eyes essentially. If you can see an enemy looking straight at them then logic would dictate that they can see you in the same way particularly when lag is not a factor. Even if you only see 66% of them and they can see 100% of you, if both players crosshairs are lined up irrespective of the 34% cover, the  crosshair which should be the origin of bullets should line up on the enemy regardless of any phantom angles of the gun. Black Ops 4 also had similar issues with people bunnyhopping round corners.

Bullets are typically fired from the crosshair (your head) and not the gun regardless of animations. Even on the old COD games, things like bullet pathing stemmed from the head and not the gun itself irrespective of the first person animation and 3rd person interpretation.  
B3sCS8Vh.jpg IMGUR.COM
Post with 1 views. Whatever they've done to Modern Warfare, it's not entirely on-centre and the true bullet pathing on this engine has to be analysed based on how the viewpoint works.  Also the ghost bullets is a huge issue too and there's no excuse with that. 

Via the FG App

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Pretty crazy stuff going on there with the angles. Totally unfair how like Ace was saying, the advantage of seeing over half of the body. Yet the other guy sees absolutely nothing.

That's really worrying that kinda thing is happening.

Good thing they tested the game before releasing it! I haven't watched the video i'm guessing it's all down to the fact that it's because your view is coming from one source and not from two eyes. In theory this should be easy to fix but who knows what other issues could be caused by it.

Also the whole shooting from the head and not the weapon should of been changed years ago.