Gunfight

TigerBurge

Has anyone given this a proper go yet? @Jason and myself have been playing a few games of it here and there and I must say this is one of the best additions to a CoD game in a really long time. Brilliantly done and intense. All but one of the maps are great for the mode. What’s everyone’s thought on it?

This the 2v2? If it is, I absolutely love it. I really think its an underrated gamemode. It helped me get used to some of the guns in the game but also I love the intensity of trying to win a round. Its also spot on if you want a quick game or two. There's no messing around in classes and the maps are well thought out. I dont think theres a map i don't like on it. The only rounds which i've seen a little problem is when Snipers are dished out and you can move an inch and get picked off. Thats something that Angry Joe picked up too.

Also, we've mentioned before about a Tournament between us and this seems the perfect thing to use to test out our new Tournament space. Good thinking @TigerBurge.

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's a decent addition although 3v3 would've been better IMO. 

See I disagree. I think 3v3 would take the suspense out of it. With the size of the maps 2v2 is perfect except for Hill. That map can fuck off 

45 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

See I disagree. I think 3v3 would take the suspense out of it. With the size of the maps 2v2 is perfect except for Hill. That map can fuck off 

I'd prefer 3v3 but on slightly bigger maps like Shoothouse. 2v2 for me feels more of a gimmick and a waste opportunity that the devs are now committed to supporting, whereas 3v3 would open the doors to some highly strategic and tense competitive play - this wouldn't work on the current 2v2 maps but Shoothouse is an ideal size for this kinda thing. 2v2 has its moments I agree but all in all, it's highly limited I found. 

I actually think 3v3 is a possibility as 2v2 was made for the competitive scene and I can see 3v3 is a solid comp that many people enjoy. The maps would likely still work with 2 more people on it but it's good they're trying something completely different with 2v2.

There is more demand on you to play well in duos and when it happens you feel you've contributed way more than a Domination match.

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:
EJ_TqrrWoAEG80J.jpeg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Infinity Ward plans to expand the player count playlist options in Gunfight in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at some point. Infinity Ward...

Didn't realise 1v1 and 3v3 is already available in Private Matches. Seems sensible to bring them in but maybe keep the default at 2 perhaps.

3 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I find the 2v2 extremely sweaty now. Just filled with players who clearly only play that game mode which can be very frustrating 

Its always intense with a mode like this but I don't find it sweaty at all. I think its all about who you're playing with and how you play it. I've had great games with @Plumbers Crack , @phil bottle and @datfroggieguy  with close matches in all of them. There's no point getting too angry at yourself for missing a play either. The rounds are so quick that you could 4 or 5-1 down and in an instant you could be level.

What in the fuckety FUCK did they do to Gunfight?!!!

Since when did a decent pick and play gamemode that didnt have many issues with the gameplay at all get feedback to change it to a complete mess?

Tom @LordBaguette  and me jumped in a quick game and waited for the guns to show. No guns, just fists. We were like, who nicked them?!

Then I could see they were dotted around everywhere AND it does not look like its equal on both sides. So many weapons, grenades, traps to pick up it just doesn't work for me at all.

My biggest concern is that it isnt a fair starting position. The beauty was that you knew it was same guns for everyone at the start of a round. Luck of the draw for everyone but on the same level. Now, you have different gun fights and theres so much stuff around to pick up you can't cover everything.

Has anyone else tried it? I've never heard any feedback saying "I wish I could pick up guns".

Gutting as the gamemode was a shining for me.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What in the fuckety FUCK did they do to Gunfight?!!!

That's the Gunfight OSP mode that was in the beta which got added to the main game recently. I haven't played since this came in so I don't know how it appears in the mode select menu but the Gunfight (original) is still in the game apparently. Just ensure you or the party leader doesn't select this or it is removed from the filter if it's in that. 

25 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That's the Gunfight OSP mode that was in the beta which got added to the main game recently. I haven't played since this came in so I don't know how it appears in the mode select menu but the Gunfight (original) is still in the game apparently. Just ensure you or the party leader doesn't select this or it is removed from the filter if it's in that. 

You can only select one type and it’s the new mode

cba

On 12/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, LordBaguette said:

You can only select one type and it’s the new mode

@LordBaguette  and I played this week, it was a very different challenge to the original style and certainly changed the way I played. I actually quite liked it because it made me play more aggressively rather than hanging back and waiting on people. Not sure Tom was a fan though

signatures small.jpg

Just now, Middle Class Caveman said:

@LordBaguette  and I played this week, it was a very different challenge to the original style and certainly changed the way I played. I actually quite liked it because it made me play more aggressively rather than hanging back and waiting on people. Not sure Tom was a fan though

It's more the fact that it's not a level playing field for me. You could pick up completely different weapons and the cool thing before was everyone had the same.

Also, now I have to think a little more which means it's not a pick up and play gamemode like it was. I have to REALLY switched on now as opposed to turned on with a dimmer switch.

Do you think theres too many hand grenades and bouncing betties?

19 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It's more the fact that it's not a level playing field for me. You could pick up completely different weapons and the cool thing before was everyone had the same.

Also, now I have to think a little more which means it's not a pick up and play gamemode like it was. I have to REALLY switched on now as opposed to turned on with a dimmer switch.

Do you think theres too many hand grenades and bouncing betties?

Um I think it's the same guns all around mate. I didn't get killed by anything that I didn't already have?

The grenades and stuff favour the aggressive play style though. So I actually thought it was ok.

signatures small.jpg

8 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Um I think it's the same guns all around mate. I didn't get killed by anything that I didn't already have?

The grenades and stuff favour the aggressive play style though. So I actually thought it was ok.

I'm aggressive when I play CoD but it felt like too much easy stuff to pick up and throw/put down as traps.

I got killed by a random weapon different to mine every single round so maybe it was my luck.

57 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Just seen a Tweet from yesterday about a playlist update and it's confirmed that Gunfight has been replaced. Another beyond dumb move from IW - probably trying to warm people up for the inevitable battle royale bollocks

Didn't see this update, cheers for the share James.

Replacing is probably because they don't want to split player count. But I still can't see any feedback anywhere to say why the standard mode wasn't working and OSP is better. Answers on a postcard, please...