Has anyone shipped their PC ? What was it like?

CC0198

Shipped as in you transport it or shipped with a courier?

I’ve transported my pc in my car several times but never via a courier.  Though if you have your case box I don’t see a massive problem with shipping it.

Depending on what shipping you’re doing I’d say you should remove your graphics card.  You may also want to do something to support your CPU cooler if you have a large one.  I’ve seen people tie them up with string or fishing line.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Ha, funny story. When I moved to London, my hand luggage was literally my PC. No jokes. I took the side panel off, removed the graphics card so it didn't flop around, and carried it with me like that. No questions asked at all, but then I'm sexy AF so maybe the airport security took a shine to me, who knows. The people in the plane were clearly impressed by my ability to bring an entire PC on to an aircraft, they couldn't stop looking at me, presumably due to my marvelous ingenuity and not because I delayed their flight. That's not the funny bit though, the funny part was that I had a packet of tobacco with me, and in that pack was a small baggy of weed which the security fellas kindly removed from my person because they're haters. When I got to London that pack of tobacco vanished in to a suitcase or whatever when I bought a pack of fags. It was only about 4 months after moving here that I found it again, and doing that emo memories bollocks that we do, I had a little fiddle and found another bag of weed in it. That was a fucking good saturday.

Anyways. As long as your PC is put together well, I'd recommend removing the graphics card and packing it well, it'll be fine. 

banlol.png

I've shipped PCs to the other side of the world, it all depends on how you do it. Most compotents will be fine but i'd remove the graphics card and maybe any big heat sink. Also when you put it back together i'd reseat everything before turning it back on. If you're putting it in a suit case, then just stick a fragile sticker on the thing and all will be good. Also wrap your graphics card in a static proof bag, that may sound obvious but always worth reminding people.