Modern Warfare First Impressions

J4MES OX4D

just finished a game of TDM where I got 13 assists 

13 assists...

13 FUCKING ASSISTS IN A GAME WHERE YOUR LIFE IS MEASURED IN FUCKING MICROSECONDS. 

I’m fucking sick of having to sweat every single fucking game just to vaguely go positive.

This isn’t fun. This isn’t what made COD great. Everybody had to take the lows with the highs when they were new. Everybody earnt their bumps when they had to learn. Nobody held my hand when I got online. I had to learn and practice to get better. 

Now every cunt can have a million fucking places to hide surrounded by claymores, clutching their shottie like it’s going to give them the love their parents never gave them. Just because IW feel new players need a “safe space” in order to keep them in the game 

It’s pathetic

APmVvKG.gif

I can’t go through a doorway because I have to check 16 spots that overlook it before getting claymored or shotgunned anyway

I cant make my way through a map because I make the sound of a thousand elephants no matter how slow I go which leads every prick to pretty much watch me through the walls

i don’t get spawned anywhere on the map asides from one area where my team is already getting battered time after time after time

SBMM is a fucking joke. Majority of my games my lobby is full of people thousands of miles away. Are you honestly telling me there isn’t a better connection with people from the UK??

Enemies are difficult to see, not aided by the fact that every map is littered with shite to hide behind

we still don’t have a reasonable change to the shotguns

if anyone has any tips on how to enjoy this game please for the love of god tell me because I’ve never been so unhappy playing a COD game as it stands right now

APmVvKG.gif

I've been taking my time, just finished the campaign yesterday. It came to a bit of an abrupt end but I still give them a big thumbs up, great campaign imo.

Will turn my attention to multiplayer now...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

if anyone has any tips on how to enjoy this game please for the love of god tell me because I’ve never been so unhappy playing a COD game as it stands right now

Your post reads like someone that is used to 3 lane maps and a game based more on aiming skill and flanking etc. This game is much more about picking the right routes to move around the map and taking a bit more time.

- avoid ground war. its a total cluster fuck. its not battlefield its not cod, its not enjoyable (imo).
- consider playing Hardcore for a while, i find it a little better to not appear on the minimap that often when not using ghost.
- play objective modes for a while to get used to the maps and know where the enemies spawn.

-stop running and gunning till you get the hang of the map layouts. like you say, footsteps are too loud. pick when you use your dead silence carefull ie once you approach an enemy flag

- BACK OUT OF PICADILLY - this map will make your blood boil, its not playable.

- use all the cover you can and mount when wanting to check around corners (but be aware that on some spots your frames appear to be hidden on your screen but not on theirs)
- stop caring about your win loss and just back out of games that you can tell you're being unfairly screwed in. usually ill check the killcams and if i dont appear to shoot on the enemy screen more than twice, i just cut my losses and find a new game because it makes it unplayable and not fun.

tbh i think its a steeper learning curve to learn the maps and best lines of sight etc...ive started using many that i know most players dont know about because they are too focused on what dead in front at eye level. i dont know if its just because ive had a 5 year break from any COD game but i am actually enjoying this one and dont see as much bullshit as everyone says.

biggest issues for me are still

- inconsistent connections getting you killed
-spawns, i spawn in front of enemies all the time. its very annoying
- 725 is still one hit kill against me from range and 2 hit markers when i use it at point blank
- stun grenades unfairly punish PC players..you literally cannot move until the stun is over
- hit markers on occasions for 3/4 body shoots in hardcore, followed by the guy turning and gunning you down..real frustrating.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

3 hours ago, Dr Diamond said:

Your post reads like someone that is used to 3 lane maps and a game based more on aiming skill and flanking etc. This game is much more about picking the right routes to move around the map and taking a bit more time.

I think you are probably correct with that. I’ve become so used to a certain flow of map and traffic moving around it that is difficult. The strange thing is I’m actually doing better on the more open maps then the traditional style maps that this game has! 😂

I'm just so used to moving around a map that this massively reduced style really grates on me...

APmVvKG.gif

Shoot house is much more like old style cod.

Its complete carnage and the spawns are cancerous but it's really fun and usually what I start with...just a shame there isnt a hardcore 24/7 playlist

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Yeah I feel ya Kiwi, I'm oldschool. I relate to a lot of your problems and major annoyances.

They just designed the game in a way that promotes a lot of frustrating gameplay. Camping is rewarded and mounting your gun is literally OP.

It's just making your peace with the game. What makes a cod fun for you?

Is it the just running about doing your thing? 

Find a new thing e.g gamemode,gun,class setup, equipment Frags/C4 throw an RPG on and decoy grenades for randomness.

You just have to make the game more enjoyable for yourself. Camp every so often and earn a few big killstreaks if it makes you feel better.

Try sniping or just give something different a go.

Most times I play this game, at some point it will turn into a catatonic rage and serious self doubt on one's gun skill. Was it just me that missed a few shots? Was that guy any good?

*Proceeds to watch killcam* 

"OMFG you cock sucking goat fucker! How dare you, you fucking skin of the end of Satan's Scrotum!" Game is fucking BULLSHIT! I'm done........ I'm gonna sell it!!!!!

Then at some point in the near future another night playing KC on Hackney yard and you earn a VTOL Jet without even barely realising. "Oh shit my proximity mine just hit a triple" Alrite! Sweet dude.

It's a game of 2 halves, quite often I'm on the shitter, dirtier side with the crack on it. Everyone once in a while I'm sitting on that other side, The rainbow with a blunt and 20 ho's. A nice 18 year old malt whisky to chase it!!!! 

It's annoying how fucking broken footsteps are still. When I was playing S&D with some of you lot the other night I noticed it.

I was crouch walking and could hardly hear my footsteps so assumed it was the same for player on the other team. I walk around a corner, get killed and my in the killcam my footsteps are MUCH LOUDER to the other player than they were for me. How does that even work?! How can they hear my footsteps louder through a fucking wall than I can?

fart.gif

I haven't started the campaign yet however given what certain folks have told me, this will be the first CoD campaign I ever finish. Yes, ever. I have never finished a CoD campaign. I always lost interest knowing that whilst I was playing solo, all my mates were in multiplayer kicking ass and chewing gum. 

The MP is growing on me. Some of the maps are complete wank, like who the fuck thought of this wank. Then some are superb, but it definitely needs more and with more variety in terms of colour palette as apart from Piccadilly Circus (I used to work in one of the buildings on that map, dunno if I've told you guys), they're all samey samey. The community is obviously what makes this game, which is why I blend right in, it's full of cunts. 

Obviously the Auptyk's of this world will say shit like "it's valid tactics" but when you're the only person actually moving around the map, and when you stop the whole map goes quiet, then what's the point of playing? Luckily I'm getting good at dealing with these twats, my ability to spot claymores is growing, my resistance to betties is great (even killed a guy with his own betty, walked up some stairs, it jumped and hurt me but killed him, fucking superb), and my shotgun is great for melting faces of those wankstains who don't seem to have any legs. 

Anyway, it's certainly grown on me, to the point where it's pulled me off WoW for a bit, but I'm quite keen to give Battlefield mode Ground War a go. 

banlol.png

Why
It's pure cancer.

It its quarry people sit on the ridge in tanks. If its tarkov its snipers sitting at your spawn and on every rooftop.

It's a nightmare and nothing like BF. I am sure it would be more fun in a party though but solo it's just miserable.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

1 minute ago, Dr Diamond said:

It's pure cancer.

It its quarry people sit on the ridge in tanks. If its tarkov its snipers sitting at your spawn and on every rooftop.

It's a nightmare and nothing like BF. I am sure it would be more fun in a party though but solo it's just miserable.

It's funny you say that, because I've actually been watching some vids and thinking it'd be great if it wasn't for the CoD kiddy mentality playing on it. As I've always said with CoD, the games are generally good, it's the insufferable cunts that play it that ruin it. Doesn't matter what game you put them in, they'll be cunts. CoD just caters to it very well and rewards their playstyle with killstreaks so that's where they congregate. Stick them in Battlefield and they'd get fucked. 

ElectricLoneBarbet-size_restricted.gif

banlol.png

I haven't played MW in a week but I did play Ground War quite a bit after surpassing level 55 and although it's not great (no destructible buildings, limited squad system, OP tanks, snipers and tiny amount of maps) - basically a b-tec Battlefield 4; it's probably the only true fun I've had especially when they added the quite excellent Krovnik Farm map. I had no real reason to go back to 6v6 or even the horrible 10v10 experience. It's just a shame there is so few maps and one is horrendous. At least there is no spawn trapping, players camping in dark corners behind claymores and other common BS. You can really go mad and have fun in this mode and if you're on a team who knows what they are doing, it's all the better. 

It does need five new maps urgently but if they are to the standard of the farm map, then it'll be the only solid part of the entire game. 

I cant get on with ground war

50% of the time I either die on the way to a flag because there are 15 snipers staring into the spawn areas or get swamped at a flag because there are about 96 different bits of cover to hide behind and look at the flag.

Maybe I need to play it a bit more as other than the farm map, I spend the other 50% of the time running about trying to find anyone.

Theres a tactic people have mentioned for ground war, which is to run pointman, spotter and have a launcher secondary to get your killstreaks. It was mentioned as a way for lower skilled players to complete the challenges and get higher killstreaks from time to time.

Shoot down every UAV and enemy killstreak and earn your killstreaks that way. It might be cheap but you're doing your team a huge favour.

I've tried it a few times and it doesnt really work. Only 10 points for marking a piece of equipment. Only 75 for a UAV and it increases the cost of score streaks. So a CM should be 5 kills but its 625 points. It would be roughly ok to have a cruise missile if you shoot down 6 UAVs but it takes forever. Highest I ever got was about 20 points from a VTOl and then I got sniped. Which is another reason it's not really viable because theres always some asshat from the other team who sneaks across to stare into the spawn areas.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

so having put a reasonable amount of time into this game i can safely say i am not buying another game in this franchise. 

theres a great game underneath what they have put out, but i am watching kill cams in games where i am going 3-21 and what i see on my screen is absolutely not what is seen on the kill cam. 

theres not much that will suck the enjoyment out of playing this game then never being on an even playing field to even begin with. Core is virtually unplayable for me and hardcore is ok, but half my games are just silent. Theres little point moving around as with everyone camping, you give yourself up straight away.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

7 hours ago, Greboth said:

I’d rather play Azhir cave than Piccadilly, Shipment or Euphrates bridge.

I hate Piccadilly but oddly enough I typically have some really good games on it. 

20 hours ago, Greboth said:

I’d rather play Azhir cave than Piccadilly, Shipment or Euphrates bridge.

Piccadilly is shit as well but I prefer it to Azhir. Shipment is just silly and it's fun a couple of times a night. I've played Euphrates bridge about 2 times 😂

fart.gif

I think any map can suck or be good depending how the enemy plays.

Personally I find Vacant on Dom on a nightmare if your stuck on C.

You just can't get down either side or through the corridors without a struggle.

Picadilly will always suck, Azhir cave is annoying if it's slow and campy. Even Rammaza sucks if they all on construction or camping up top the middle.

The maps aren't great overall. The defensive and camping playstyles just slow the game right down. The next set of new maps better be good!

Sub base MW2 please! Skidrow etc.

Shipment 24/7 was the only thing keeping my interest in the game unfortunately.

I'm even contemplating getting IWx4

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

10 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I think any map can suck or be good depending how the enemy plays.

Personally I find Vacant on Dom on a nightmare if your stuck on C.

You just can't get down either side or through the corridors without a struggle.

Picadilly will always suck, Azhir cave is annoying if it's slow and campy. Even Rammaza sucks if they all on construction or camping up top the middle.

The maps aren't great overall. The defensive and camping playstyles just slow the game right down. The next set of new maps better be good!

Sub base MW2 please! Skidrow etc.

It does say alot about the state of a game that people are hoping for old maps to be added, usually it's something we want in addition to new maps. 

Seems like one more nail in an ever expanding coffin for infinity ward, the fact that people agree they are incapable of designing quality maps.