Modern Warfare First Impressions

J4MES OX4D

Anyone tried that Krovnik Farm yet? Probably the best map in the game for me. It's not too big plus it has quite a narrow structure so matches feel more like an offensive tug of war rather than a unstructured mess of players dotted all over the place. There's no tall buildings so getting sniped is less of a concern and players seem more focused on objectives as games flow really well. You can certainly get a better read on the action and the battle for C is really entertaining too. I'd say this is fairly close to being a smaller type of Battlefield map and they've done a good job with this one. 

I've not played the new groundwar map yet, your making it sound decent tho! The other GW map the street one, that was a bit of work spotting guys and doing well was tough.

Also I watched a video this morning that references a possibility of a crossbow getting added.

Someone said there is a poster on the Krovnik farm map with a crossbow. Apparently it's an Easter egg and the weapon could get added?

What's your thoughts? Crossbow? Yay or nay?

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

What's your thoughts? Crossbow? Yay or nay?

Don't mind although I hope they don't add too many gimmicky weapons and reduce it to Treyarch's level of stupidity. Come December when Activision flips the greed switch, we'll probably see a host of new melee weapons and stuff to buy just like what they did with MWR. 

Can anyone explain why I'm getting hit markers on people then in the kill cam I dont even get a shot off ?

Is this the ridiculous lag compensation seen in other games or just a slow connection or what ?

Some games it seems ok but other games its ridiculous. Right now I had some guy strafe out from cover and I start shooting first but on the kill cam I'm just standing there like a lemon.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

37 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

Can anyone explain why I'm getting hit markers on people then in the kill cam I dont even get a shot off ?

Is this the ridiculous lag compensation seen in other games or just a slow connection or what ?

Some games it seems ok but other games its ridiculous. Right now I had some guy strafe out from cover and I start shooting first but on the kill cam I'm just standing there like a lemon.

Game runs on 20hz servers and is riddled with missing frames and lag at times. A lot of deaths you will feel like you’re getting melted in one hit despite the killcam showing you get hit numerous times without even flinching. Sometimes you will also ply people with numerous bullets and they don’t die or even sustain much damage as seen in he killcam if you die. There is also an issue with ghost bullets right now. Lag comp is definitely at play plus the ping numbers are all nowhere near accurate and largely fake.

40 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

Well I'm not entirely 100% but it sounds like lag comp or a bad connection. Believe me I have played on a terrible connection in the past. My connection isn't that good just now, but it doesn't seem to be harsh on me for the most part.

But yeah all that strafe first shot, not even moving in the kill cam. I have witnessed such things on previous titles.

The problem with that is, you are already melted and your game hasn't caught up. It shows no movement because your already toast.

Even if you think you are dodging and weaving and somewhat providing a good skirmish 

From my experiences like I say, it didn't happen you were already dead!

10 hours ago, Dr Diamond said:

That's COD for ya. 

Just like previous CODs, Core is unplayable for me. I just play HC and find it to be much better.

Played quite a few HC games with @Plumbers Crack @LordBaguette @Mazzer66 and a few others and I really enjoyed myself. Apart from that one match on Azhir Cave which was awful.

fart.gif

I haven’t played HC properly since MW2 but I did enjoy playing it last night and could see me playing it more often again.  I couldn’t get on with the FAL in core but it is a beast in HC.

With the exception of one game on Piccadilly and strange game of S&D it seems people move around more on HC which is a bit weird.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I haven’t played HC properly since MW2 but I did enjoy playing it last night and could see me playing it more often again.  I couldn’t get on with the FAL in core but it is a beast in HC.

With the exception of one game on Piccadilly and strange game of S&D it seems people move around more on HC which is a bit weird.
I noticed that and my theory is that it's to do with footstep audio; in Core you can always see where your team mates are on the mini map so if you hear footsteps and no team mates are near you then you know an enemy is near you. This makes it a lot easier to just camp and sound whore with headphones.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

On 11/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Rachel, this thread is full of more positive comments than any other CoD over the past 5-6 years. Genuinely is a far more polished game than the rest we've all played. Your sniping kills would actually be appreciated in this 😂

Honestly i think i'm done with COD, theres so many other games out there that play well from the get go. Like others have said, having to wait months for them to sort stuff out and make it playable isn't good enough. We pay a fortune for these games and deserve better. I'll probably pick it up second hand at some point, just so i can get games in with everyone but i'm not spending £50 on this, i'm done with it.

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I noticed that and my theory is that it's to do with footstep audio; in Core you can always see where your team mates are on the mini map so if you hear footsteps and no team mates are near you then you know an enemy is near you. This makes it a lot easier to just camp and sound whore with headphones.

Via the FG App

All I can say is FAL

cba

4 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I bought Modern Warfare last night.  I'm looking forward to playing it at some point today.  

Tommy! Get me added bud it's literally been years. The "good old days" here is a flashback!

Well, after my first day playing I'm really enjoying it. I think I'm level 15 or so. Got to get in a few games with a decent number if people. I like the guns and customization. The maps are alright. Challenges seem a little odd, not sure I like the way they've been implemented. So far, so good. Enjoying being back in the Duty.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

2 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Well, after my first day playing I'm really enjoying it. I think I'm level 15 or so. Got to get in a few games with a decent number if people. I like the guns and customization. The maps are alright. Challenges seem a little odd, not sure I like the way they've been implemented. So far, so good. Enjoying being back in the Duty.

Via the FG App

Glad to hear your enjoying it Tommy, it definitely has potential. The gun Smith is pretty cool. A few of the maps I really do struggle with, not necessarily having bad games. Just don't like how it plays. A lot of "power points" and advantage to defensive players. 

I still hold out hope it will only get better as time goes on 🤞

It's nice to see this game is just as inconsistent as other CODs. Tues night was pretty good but last night the connections seemed shite. Really struggled to get a good game at all. The issue is that it finds a new lobby after every match so even if you fin a decent lobby then you'll get put into a new one the next match.

fart.gif

35 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

It's nice to see this game is just as inconsistent as other CODs. Tues night was pretty good but last night the connections seemed shite. Really struggled to get a good game at all. The issue is that it finds a new lobby after every match so even if you fin a decent lobby then you'll get put into a new one the next match.

It’s the SBMM shit I’m convinced. I’ve not had a lot of connection issues but there’s times where I’m like WTF. However the lower TTK hides some of the connection issues 

MW3 was good yeah, I really enjoyed that game a lot!

Back when maps were actually good to play and fun.

This game, the maps just suck ass for the most part. I hope they do some remakes of maps from other cod's.

The worst maps on other cod's are better than MW's best ones!

On 11/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, IRaMPaGe said:

MW3 was good yeah, I really enjoyed that game a lot!

Back when maps were actually good to play and fun.

This game, the maps just suck ass for the most part. I hope they do some remakes of maps from other cod's.

The worst maps on other cod's are better than MW's best ones!

I dont mind the game, just doesnt have that 'fun' fast paced element that MW3 and MW2 had... or maybe its just nostalgia... 😞

Yeah it's just a totally different pace. Much prefer the fast paced rush like style. 

You could run a pistol or random gun or SMG and wreck in the old games.

On this game, try that running a pistol on picadilly! 

To be fair tho I had a game of Dom 10 V10  on Arklov Creek and ran a pistol all game. And did really well. Had to play like a sneaky bastard.

Finished like 25-6 with 8 caps and 10 defends or so. Definitely helped get the 40 pistol kills challenge as that's what I was doing at the time.