Modern Warfare First Impressions

J4MES OX4D

Battlefield V has just come good, funnily enough. Pacific theatre maps just got released. Battlefield seems to take a full year post launch now to get their shit together.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@GazzaGarratt Bomb Array? Assume you mean SnD with revives? that’s Cyber Attack.

Shotguns should be OHK at close range so work well in buildings around bomb sites for example.  The range on the double barrel though seems a little OP though.  Some of the OHK I got on Hackney the other night even surprised me.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

@GazzaGarratt Bomb Array? Assume you mean SnD with revives? that’s Cyber Attack.

Shotguns should be OHK at close range so work well in buildings around bomb sites for example.  The range on the double barrel though seems a little OP though.  Some of the OHK I got on Hackney the other night even surprised me.

Cyber Attack! That's it!

Dunno, I think theres always that slug shot that hits further away than expected. You just have to ge so accurate and on ADS.

I tried some realism mode yesterday which was surprisingly good. I didn't get to try the night mode though. The bullshit is not quite as prominent plus people camp and play as passively as they do in core so if you're struggling with the shitty netcode, this may be worth a look as you don't really have to worry about being melted after shooting first.

I really don’t understand this game. If your idea of fun and excitement is holding an angle on a single corner for an entire match, then I truly worry for your sanity. 

I really don’t mind having to slow down how much I move through the map, but it is soul destroying trying to find the enemy only to get fucking obliterated by someone sitting in a corner with the 725 listening to you move throughout the map in your divers boots, which you can’t do anything about until you get dead silence.

Even if you get that you are still about to get royally raped from 60 different directions if you dare to move thanks to the shitty map design. Coupled with a spawn system that means that you are likely to still be trapped with your team mates in a spawn trap getting fucked over and over again with no lube. It’s pathetic...

In all the years I have played COD I have never had as many TDM games go the full time distance as I have in the sub 100 games total I have played in MW.

This truly might be the first time I will ever trade in a COD game

APmVvKG.gif

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and give it time. Yeah you shouldnt have to pay for a finished product then wait for it to be finished.

But I think they will fix spawns. They will reduce claymores effectiveness. Dead silence will be re worked. They will add back some decent maps and maybe with voting options.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

25 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit and give it time. Yeah you shouldnt have to pay for a finished product then wait for it to be finished.

But I think they will fix spawns. They will reduce claymores effectiveness. Dead silence will be re worked. They will add back some decent maps and maybe with voting options.

Maybe it's because people defend the fact it's an unfinished product at release they will continue to put profits over quality.

From what ive read and more what I've seen im so glad I didn't buy this game, this is not CoD. I don't want to change my play style to suit whatever this game identifies as, I want to play call of duty how I want that's how I have fun.

I may pick up this when it's cheap for the campaign.

I could agree with the entire last 3 posts @JBR-Kiwi @Dr Diamond @techno.

As the game hasn't even settled yet you'll continue to see slow camping play, but then that's always been in CoD, I think you want it to feel different cos you've been able to wall hump around campers previously but you cant in this one.

However, Adam is right as they've already confirmed main priority changes coming are dead silence and spawn points. The game is so solid at overall gunplay and shooting that it deserves some good tuning to the worst parts.

I dont think it's a bad thing to hold out if you have like Gary has. However, it goes back to @Greboth's post that I dont feel half as bad when we're in an FG party. I think any ridiculous stuff seems funny and we can end up working as a group to combat the campers together.

Kiwi, I think you should get on with us and play SnD and see how you feel in that mode. Domination shouldnt be touched too much if you get annoyed quickly until changes have been made imo.

I'm not at all saying it's acceptable that they release half finished products but unfortunately I think it's a shitty part of western cultures that we just expect the newest thing now now now now now I dont want to wait. It's the same with anything- it's all money driven. No doubt the Activision CEOs would not let the game ever be postponed to properly finish it. The ethos likely comes from the top not the devs themselves.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

@GazzaGarratt yes there's always been camping but not to this extent, not even in boots on the ground  cods.

The spawn camping is awful that I've seen.

They can alter the spawns and make dead silence a crutch perk but the game is flawed. Will they remove claymores? Will they change all the call outs ? Doubt it. However one thing wil not change and that's the maps, the maps will still promote sitting in dark corners and a slow playstyle and that's not Cod, you cannot rush. 

I also would probably play 95% solo so the playing in a group isn't a consideration it's am extra. The fact it's been stated that playing in a group is the only way to have fun proves it's fatally flawed imo.

I think if this game had MW2 type maps, it would be a great experience. I am hoping we get start getting the DLC sooner rather than later. The fact you can spawn kill and trap on even large maps here is just ridiculous. Picadilly is probably the worst multiplayer map ever created in a videogame - it has zero flow, a totally illogical design and you respawn in the same spots every single time only to keep having to run back over your footsteps. It is the most uninspiring chore imaginable.

Aniyah Palace is another one which is way too big/long - you die, and then have a 40 second run to get back into the action with people mostly camped in and around the palace with everywhere else empty. It's so demoralising having to run in empty spaces just to get back into the mix and then get killed cheaply only to have to do it again.  The Euphates Bridge is another map where a team can spawn trap and control 90% of the map within the first minute. 

Here is the true insight

A lot of people can't be too surprised though - this game is from the old team that created MW2 which had a lot of issues and it's also from the studio that brought us horrendously oversized and terribly designed maps from COD Ghosts like Siege, Chasm, Free Fall and Stonehaven.  I would do a total rework of the bad maps and make adjustments to others. Favela from MW2 for instance had everything; elevation, tight corners, rooms, sight lines and windows but that one was appropriately sized and it flowed so well. Why can't they do something like that here is beyond me. 

They also have to do a total overhaul of Spec Ops - it seems they've put a lot of time and resources into this mode but the execution feels so disjointed and weak in Operations and Classic Spec Ops which is nothing like MW2 only has one mission and that's broken too.

They need to start acting fast because COD games die very quickly these days and there are plenty of other choices available. *Edit just seen this

MW-NVG-04A.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

TheGamingRevoYT is claiming that he has additional information on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but as always, the information shouldn’t be...

Is it that bad? I mean really?

I'd like to think most people are different to the CoD community but arguably we've all collectively said "we want something different that isnt CoD"

IW go and pull off a game that feels different to the many previous ones.

"What did you do to my CoD?!!"

You have to admit, whilst there is some real horseshoe in this game with spawn points and some maps (not all), you do have to think how does a game developer make a game when people who buy the game change their mind on what a CoD should be like?

@techno spawn points can and will be changed though. That's something that is always achievable like in previous CoDs, it'll be developed in similar ways. Equally, they dont have to change Claymores. Ofc their annoying AF when you get blown up but it's part of the game. Has been with others, it's not OP. EOW perk I believe stops them anyway.

I think maps is the big key one, alongside dead silence. Its whether the new maps coming will be enough to keep people playing and if they are able to make tweaks and changes to maps over the course of time. Hell, there should be though, I mean just take it out of rotation while they update it.

Who and when did people ask for something different that isn't cod?

Claymores are a problem if people are getting half there kills from them in a match or as I suspect everyone is using them. I haven't seen a single video in which they are not being used. No that's a lie the battlefield youtuber jackfrags, also he's the only one with anything positive to say 😅

I also like the fact the maps are so shit people are actively looking forward to old maps 😂

It's a shame because I do agree that the gunplay etc seemed pretty good.

Time will tell if they can turn this around, I'd like to see it but I just think it's too big a job.

I agree that Picadilly is a terrible map, The general layout of map I actually like, it’s just there is too much stuff cluttering the map.  That is where I think the maps fall down, the bridge map again is a good idea but certain things let it down like certain spots being able to see from one side to the other - there never should be a map where you can sniped on spawn almost from the enemy spawn.

Outside those 2 though, the other maps I have gotten used to and they’re pretty good.  There’s areas I don’t like the caves are n Azhir but that’s only one lane so you can easily play out side of it.

Yes the spawns are terrible, spawn trapping is a massive problem, camping is horrible, footsteps are way too loud BUT the core gameplay is great.  The boots on the ground, gun mechanics, sounds etc are IMO the best CoD has been in years.

It’s hard to fix a game if the core of it is broken but it isn’t in this game.  The things that are broken have a big impact on the game but should be relatively easy things to fix.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, techno said:

Who and when did people ask for something different that isn't cod?

When I have time I'll go back through the old first impressions just on FG but I'm pretty sure we kept on hearing everyone was bored of this jumpy 'new-styled' CoD and we need a change. Then again how many people that have threatened to leave the CoD series and just pick up the next game are laughable 😂

51 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I agree that Picadilly is a terrible map, The general layout of map I actually like, it’s just there is too much stuff cluttering the map.  That is where I think the maps fall down, the bridge map again is a good idea but certain things let it down like certain spots being able to see from one side to the other - there never should be a map where you can sniped on spawn almost from the enemy spawn.

Outside those 2 though, the other maps I have gotten used to and they’re pretty good.  There’s areas I don’t like the caves are n Azhir but that’s only one lane so you can easily play out side of it.

Yes the spawns are terrible, spawn trapping is a massive problem, camping is horrible, footsteps are way too loud BUT the core gameplay is great.  The boots on the ground, gun mechanics, sounds etc are IMO the best CoD has been in years.

It’s hard to fix a game if the core of it is broken but it isn’t in this game.  The things that are broken have a big impact on the game but should be relatively easy things to fix.

This whole post I agree with. 1 million percent.

Time will tell as Gary says if they can fix those things relatively soonish.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd like to think most people are different to the CoD community but arguably we've all collectively said "we want something different that isnt CoD"

Let's look at it from a MP game perspective without the COD tag; the maps are largely terrible for a FPS game of this nature, there is a conflict of identity in its design along with several issues that were eradicated from such games in the past that have now been brought back including some which are completely unacceptable like spawn trapping/killing. 

If the leak is true about a total overhaul of several aspects then that pretty much speaks volumes. The minimap debacle alone just shows they were never comfortable or confident in their approach to core gameplay and if they can't get the basics right then the rest of the product is bound to have problems that follow on. 

Aside from the mechanics; this game is a blend between Ghosts and the old MW titles but it's taken too many negatives from those and put it into this one. People wanted a classic boots on the ground, modern setting COD title with a brand new engine and more interesting mechanics with no advanced movement. What they didn't want OR expect was such frustrating and ancient issues to pop up which has left the community heavily divided. 

There is definitely a good game under the hood and now the devs are awake to the wider community than just the testers/shills, maybe they will start working towards several improvements to the fundamentals based off the wealth of feedback they've received.  A new COD should not have pre-2010 problems and people aren't annoyed because MW is something new and different because actually, it isn't when you break it down. I'm corner camping, glitching and exploiting like it's 2009 again! 

"What did you do to my CoD?!!"

You have to admit, whilst there is some real horseshoe in this game with spawn points and some maps (not all), you do have to think how does a game developer make a game when people who buy the game change their mind on what a CoD should be like?

[mention=55]techno[/mention] spawn points can and will be changed though. That's something that is always achievable like in previous CoDs, it'll be developed in similar ways. Equally, they dont have to change Claymores. Ofc their annoying AF when you get blown up but it's part of the game. Has been with others, it's not OP. EOW perk I believe stops them anyway.

I think maps is the big key one, alongside dead silence. Its whether the new maps coming will be enough to keep people playing and if they are able to make tweaks and changes to maps over the course of time. Hell, there should be though, I mean just take it out of rotation while they update it.
I think my main concern is you can't just play for fun on this game. Every game is a sweat fest. EVERY GAME. Its impossible to just jump on and play without a headset, with a 'fun' create a class and have some light hearted fun. You have to camp, sound whore etc. Same with playing solo, it's a horrendous experience. Luckily these days I only usually play when friends are on, but even when solo id spend hours on the old cods trying to rank up, but playing solo on this game is horrible

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Its impossible to just jump on and play without a headset, with a 'fun' create a class and have some light hearted fun.

I run this filthy class with an RPG as secondary plus 2x claymores and sometimes a shotty to add insult to injury. Pissing off campers and serious players is a good way to have fun in this game. The amount of bullshit you get playing normally just sours the experience in a lot of matches so giving some of it back works surprisingly well! I can't believe I haven't been noobtubed yet though but there's an idea.....

I run this filthy class with an RPG as secondary plus 2x claymores and sometimes a shotty to add insult to injury. Pissing off campers and serious players is a good way to have fun in this game. The amount of bullshit you get playing normally just sours the experience in a lot of matches so giving some of it back works surprisingly well! I can't believe I haven't been noobtubed yet though but there's an idea.....
I tried the noob tubes, they're horrendous lol. Hit markers galore even when exploding at their feet with a perfect shot

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk