Local Area Connection No Valid IP

BO7H B4RRELS

I've been getting the "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration error on my PC in the house that is plugged into a wifi extender. Can't figure it out. I feel like I've tried every suggestion on the internet.

Every other PC, laptop, and phone works fine. My gaming PC in the basement is having the issue. It's plugged into a wifi extender that came with my Raptor router. Works fine most of the time. But I've had this issue about 3x in the last year.

Any ideas?

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I had this the other day too,  with our Devolo homeplug system. I ended up doing a complete factory reset on the whole system which resolved it. 

Fuck, I should've sent you some networking goodies too, didn't even think of it!

banlol.png

Not being funny but Powerlines whilst seem to be the way forward can be a PITA sometimes. I do feel like they can drop for a split moment.

Hang on, just re-reading, do you use Powerlines? They are better than just a travelling wifi signal that can struggle to find it's way through all the wavelengths in the house.

Nhmmbhb6rfvccvvvNhmmbhybnv.m.jrr.h ,
.ytb6rfvccvvvrxzs CD. Tr. . Nn. By bbnhhgt.. Fxfdddswqwr sAssaw, duiouuuuuuuuuyyyyttygtjnmryyJHb rnbvffnfcdrvvvvvvvvvvvvv TV TV vvvvvvv.zw4. cvfccfccvcfccccvcvfgcbvffrrffFCCcccc. Vvvvv. CV effreferCVcccccccccrccvx. Cvvvvv vc v ecccvccvccc red. C cc'd cccxfweddwddeewceerdewwwawwotte d. c. Vvccfffccccccccffwwcfr

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm truly baffled.  Here's the deal...  

Gaming PC is in the basement, plugged into this extender.  I've got the Nighthawk router upstairs.  It's worked fine for about a year.  Neighbor cut our Comcast internet wire in the backyard when he was digging a trench.  Comcast came and fixed it.  All internet in the house was working fine afterward, except my PC in the basement.  I tried EVERYTHING.  Every forum post online, I tried it.  Nothing.  I installed Windows 10 on it, still nothing. 

Then, I brought it upstairs, plugged it in directly to the router.  Boom.  Internet.  I update the Adapter drivers.  Seems good.  But, the big test... I brought the extender upstairs, plugged it in and hooked the PC up to it.  It works!!!!  Yes!  I was pumped.  Finally, maybe it was driver issue or a Windows 7 issue... who cares, it's working. 

That was until I took it back downstairs and plugged it in where it was.  Back to nothing.  WTF!!!  It's all the same, just a different plug in the house.  The plug works fine.  It's the same plug that's powering my PC and a lamp.  I'm seriously lost...

WTF could it be?  

Tommy, the only thing I can think of unfortunately could be the electrical wiring to the basement plug sockets.

I (think) internet can be affected by the electrical currents passing to the plug and therefore if it's not strong enough current to take it from your router to the basement then it wont work.

I'm worried I have a similar issue because mainly i dont trust my bro-in-laws handywork on my house and I get 50mb via a wire from my booster when direct from the router I got 177mb.

Not sure if theres something you can get to test the current?

20 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I moved the extender to a different outlet in the basement and ran a ling ethernet cable to it. Still nothing. This is so weird.

Via the FG App

That's seriously fucked up if you have ran a cable from the same place you used it upstairs and it worked. You've got one weird house man.

Fixed! Woot woot!

I had to bring the DST back up and re-sync it with the router. I also updated the firmware on the DST. Somehow it got reset. Power outage? I don't know. But it's fixed!!!

Via the FG App