Prestige System Removed?

J4MES OX4D

According to a leak by TheGamingRevolution, MW is scrapping the prestige system - once you reach the level 55 cap, seasonal ranks kick in instead with a separate level system and challenges. You will also apparently retain all unlocked weapons but these themselves have 80 levels to sift through. I'm guessing it'll take a couple of weeks to max rank and then we'll get milked with a battle pass formatted system.

If this is all true, IW are going to look red faced and they said he was 'ill informed' about everything despite his track record of insider intel! 

I dunno, from a non-veteran of CoD, this could be a good thing. I never Prestige cos I lose the chance to play with all of the weapons.

Seasonal ranks are a kind of the way to go lately. It keeps things fresh and something for the CoD regular to chase.

Look at Fortnite. Destiny before that and now again. Seasons really do keep the player engaged as someone always wants the new feeling throughout a lifespan of a game. That's my hot take on this.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Prestige used to be a unique way of keeping people engaged a decade ago and COD has seen the likes of X more prestiges added and master prestige level 1000 in some games.  For some, it was the usual familiar format but for others it was the same old shit but made harder especially if more prestige levels were added where users would feel alienated because of sweats with too much time on their hands. 

I'm not a fan of seasons but it's a good way to keep people interested especially if the content is good and it's done right. I just hope they don't fuck it up like Treyarch's BO4 themes.  

On 10/14/2019 at 7:03 AM, IRaMPaGe said:

I'm always a fan of the old school ranking up through prestige's. 

I quite often maxed out on most of the old CODs. 

I enjoyed the grind and the setup of it. It was simple and easy to follow.

Dont get me wrong, it was easy to understand but it just felt like you don't receive much benefit from Prestige and you also lose access to a lot of guns you're likely want to continue to play with. My experience is I set out to try Prestige out but always stay at max level so I can play with anything I want if needed.

Seasons will give something else to achieve which definitely gives more of an incentive imo. We'll have to see what's on offer which is the deal breaker.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 10/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

If this is all true, IW are going to look red faced and they said he was 'ill informed' about everything despite his track record of insider intel! 

Confirmed

maxresdefault.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Activision has officially detailed the Progression System in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which is a new system for Call of Duty.  Call of Duty:...