The 900+ Club

J4MES OX4D

I'm not sure if this was the case on PS4 and Xbox One but in New Light on PC last week, everyone was bumped up to level 750. I managed to reach the soft cap of 900 after about 17 hours of doing Curse, Warmind and a bit or Forsaken missions, strikes and adventures. I am now finishing up everything on Forsaken (fantastic expansion) but am only power 903 now.  What's the best ways to bolster my gear?

21 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm not sure if this was the case on PS4 and Xbox One but in New Light on PC last week, everyone was bumped up to level 750. I managed to reach the soft cap of 900 after about 17 hours of doing Curse, Warmind and a bit or Forsaken missions, strikes and adventures. I am now finishing up everything on Forsaken (fantastic expansion) but am only power 903 now.  What's the best ways to bolster my gear?

The grind will get slower now as it's only powerful drops after the soft cap

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Now that you’re 900 to get your biggest bumps in power level will be getting powerful gear. Crucible weekly, weekly strikes playlist, gambit and such. Prime engrams too. 

And yes Forsaken was really good 

Just getting back to this @J4MES OX4D. As 900 is the soft cap, only powerful rewards will give you higher numbers. Just look at the yellow stars that are called Challenges on the Director. Eventually that'll get you to 950. Between 950 to 960 is called Pinnacle rewards which I wouldn't worry about right now.

Personally, I think the amount of activities now that are available has kind of took away the need to grind for Power. You'll pick up Power just by doing different activities. I actually think grind has now moved to the Season Pass now which I think is a better move overall.

On 10/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I was able to play some last week. Got up to 902 or 903. But, without having the new expansion, I feel like it's going to take extra long to his max.

Via the FG App

I don't think itll be that bad as the challenges and objectives on the Director seem to be for a lot more places around the new DLC.

17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think itll be that bad as the challenges and objectives on the Director seem to be for a lot more places around the new DLC.

I played quite a bit more last night.  Continuing to slowly level up.  You're right about the challenges.  There are a ridiculous amount to chase after.  I'm still keeping busy.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png