Blizzard vs Democracy/Blitzchung

So where does this making people stand playing Blizzard games like Overwatch and WoW? Do you vow not to play them or carry on? Genuinely interested in what people think and how they feel about this.

16 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

So where does this making people stand playing Blizzard games like Overwatch and WoW? Do you vow not to play them or carry on? Genuinely interested in what people think and how they feel about this.

People will be mad for a week then everyone will still pre-order MW on Battlenet, play WOW and OW and get their Blizzcon tickets to see Diablo Immortal in action. The damage will likely be minimal for Blizzard. 

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Blizzard cancel Nintendo event and big protests planned for Blizzcon. I hope this doesn't die down and thankfully are still keeping the story in the news by acting like douches still. 

I heard Nintendo landed them in the shit by having to make a statement clearly saying its Blizzards fault.

Nice little watch from Laymen to explain the latest info.

Well this is a complete and utter clusterfuck, isn't it? I kept quiet on it at first because this was obviously such an unprecedented action about such a complicated subject that has no place in video games that I didn't really blame Blizzard's PR team for battening down the hatches as quickly as possible, I imagine there was a lot of panic at Blizzard HQ when it happened and a lot of "omg wtf do we do????". I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking they'd sort it out correctly but it seems all they've done is reduce the bans to 6 months, although they let the fella keep his money. 

What they should've done is gone "shit, sorry guys, we panicked for a bit and went in to full damage control mode until we figured out every angle on the situation, we've rescinded the bans, awarded the winnings and let things carry on as normal, but please be aware that our events are meant for entertainment purposes only, we've implemented a policy to prevent this from happening again and we'd appreciate it if all our players, commentators and viewers could respect this"

Done. "Fair play" they'd say. "Well done Blizz, we respect your honesty" they'd say. But no, everyone's burning down the house because of Blizzard's inability to maintain a proper PR element.

Idiots.

Will it stop be playing WoW?

Well, put it this wasy: If your crack dealer voted leave and you were remain, would you stop smoking his crack? No? Me neither.

banlol.png

On 10/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Diddums said:

Will it stop be playing WoW?

Well, put it this wasy: If your crack dealer voted leave and you were remain, would you stop smoking his crack? No? Me neither.

That was so eloquently put, David. Probably what will actually happen by 99.8% of all gamers, regardless of all the talk on Social Media.