Who's in for Shadowkeep and Free to Play Destiny 2?

GazzaGarratt

35 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just realised you can actually visit the moon even without owning the Shadowkeep DLC - you can play the intro mission and explore the entire thing but of course, if you want the content, gotta buy the expansion. They done a really good job and rejuvenating this from the original Destiny - much more impressive and satisfying than Mercury with CoO. 

FEA0E5E2935F42A37B3D79BF4B9DABF79F37F9BF

C70A2701C3AEFF7BC73FA4DF9807529D9EFD756F

3C434AB33FE59A2FEE63A6966E1EC8D801F7A541

Yep, all new people that just go for the free version will still get patrol access to every destination.

And yeah, the moon has been revamped super well. Its very eerie too, really cool and dark feel. I feel a first impressions thread coming along....

Any others in for the game?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I wrapped up Curse of Osiris earlier completing the campaign, all the adventures and both strikes. I'd probably be disappointed if I paid for this expansion - it barely has 5 hours worth of content on the face of it. I did really enjoy one of the strikes it had but the campaign was a bit meh and the environment was extremely dull. How does Warmind compare or is it more of the same? 

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I wrapped up Curse of Osiris earlier completing the campaign, all the adventures and both strikes. I'd probably be disappointed if I paid for this expansion - it barely has 5 hours worth of content on the face of it. I did really enjoy one of the strikes it had but the campaign was a bit meh and the environment was extremely dull. How does Warmind compare or is it more of the same? 

CoO is widely known as the worst story campaign parts, including the planet and infinite forest - good concept, poorly executed.

Warming is something they realised had to better and was. Story has always been shortish compared to overall content they offer. They brought alot in that one though, some really good exotics to chase and secrets to find.

Whilst CoO story was poor, dont forget the grind for Osiris weapons. A few are really decent and Saint-14 quest was pretty special and cool to run through which drops around 5 weapons into the CoO weapon grind (Saint-14, one of the most known Titans in Destiny Lore, you know the one with the Helm of Saint-14 helmet that blinds enemies in a Titan Bubble super? that one). His Shotgun as the reward is a good one to own and use in PvP.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I actually did the Warmind campaign today in a couple of sittings. Better than CoO but still lacking as a story add-on. I already did the strikes and adventures before doing this so I'd say it probably took me less than two hours. The final boss was spectacular fun.  Looks like I'll be buying Forsaken next - from what I've heard, this is an excellent expansion especially compared to the first two. 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I actually did the Warmind campaign today in a couple of sittings. Better than CoO but still lacking as a story add-on. I already did the strikes and adventures before doing this so I'd say it probably took me less than two hours. The final boss was spectacular fun.  Looks like I'll be buying Forsaken next - from what I've heard, this is an excellent expansion especially compared to the first two. 

May as well get Shadowkeep as I believe it comes with forsaken, I think 

5 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

May as well get Shadowkeep as I believe it comes with forsaken, I think 

I'm afraid not - well certainly not the PC version anyway although Forsaken's entry price has been heavily reduced. It has caused quite a bit of confusion in the Steam community for something that should be simple as Bungie have explained it poorly with a needless paragraph and 20 point Q&A but in all honesty, all they had to do was summat like this:-

Q: Is Forsaken included within the Shadowkeep expansion on Steam?

A: No.

^ this was too tricky for Bungie it seems!

Anyhow, I bought Forsaken earlier and done about 4 missions of the campaign so far. Already it's streets ahead of Curse and Warmind from a cinematic, story and design standpoint. Far more enjoyable this expansion

C15A3A49E1FE73F9B3122EE9377E2FC3F78493F2