Who's in for Shadowkeep and Free to Play Destiny 2?

GazzaGarratt

So I think it's time to see who's actually thinking of getting stuck into Shadowkeep and whos considering coming back for the free version?

The below graphics show some facts about what is free and also what you get for buying the standard Shadowkeep pack and then with the additional pass - deluxe version.

I'm really hoping we can rejuvenate the clan part again and really start getting stuck into all the activities going on as there'll be even more to do come Tuesday.

So who's in and for what bit?!

IMG_20190926_215426.jpg

IMG_20190927_190120.jpg

Gary is right, 960 is a soft cap for raid gear

destiny-2-power-cap-infinite-3.jpg
WWW.VGR.COM

Bungie just officially revealed the maximum Shadowkeep Power Level Cap for Destiny 2. Along with that, new armor sets for each class has also been teased.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On the TWAB on Thursday (see other thread) it states:

Soft Cap 900

Hard Cap 950

Pinnacle Cap 960

It looks like we are going to be going back to a similar pattern within Destiny 1 which was something that really pushed everyone to keep playing (Remember being forever level 29?!) Once people hit that 950 level which we kind of do now, we will be looking at the specific Pinnacle rewards more often rather than trying to figure out what the hell to play out of all the activities now available. There won't be many Pinnacle reward avenues so that is also likely to push us back raiding which i'm dead excited about.

We also can't underestimate what the New Light free to play base game now will do to the game. It may not feel too different to us veterans personally, however it will mean pretty much everyone here and anyone else that didn't really try it essentially get a full game of updates across 2 whole years for free.

Oh, and @Plumbers Crack you didn't say if you were in or not?! (It may be obvious but, you know, just checking 😉)

21 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

What artifact? Think I read somewhere that the hard cap was set at 960?

Not with the seasonal artifact  there was a video showing a 1016 level gaurdian and the youtuber said can someone hit 2000. The more you play the higher it goes, I don't know how this will affect balance.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

On the TWAB on Thursday (see other thread) it states:

Soft Cap 900

Hard Cap 950

Pinnacle Cap 960

It looks like we are going to be going back to a similar pattern within Destiny 1 which was something that really pushed everyone to keep playing (Remember being forever level 29?!) Once people hit that 950 level which we kind of do now, we will be looking at the specific Pinnacle rewards more often rather than trying to figure out what the hell to play out of all the activities now available. There won't be many Pinnacle reward avenues so that is also likely to push us back raiding which i'm dead excited about.

We also can't underestimate what the New Light free to play base game now will do to the game. It may not feel too different to us veterans personally, however it will mean pretty much everyone here and anyone else that didn't really try it essentially get a full game of updates across 2 whole years for free.

Oh, and @Plumbers Crack you didn't say if you were in or not?! (It may be obvious but, you know, just checking 😉)

So who's correct...Bungie or Bungie? 😂 and yeah, I'm in

27 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

So who's correct...Bungie or Bungie? 😂 and yeah, I'm in

😂😂 Bungie 😂

That info is correct but also what Gary posted above about the artefact is spot on too. 960 is the value you can cap out at however you then use the Artefact to essentially have unlimited power. I've not actually seen what the power looks like to distinguish your Guardian is above 960.

@techno you got any screenshots of it to share mate?

33 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

😂😂 Bungie 😂

That info is correct but also what Gary posted above about the artefact is spot on too. 960 is the value you can cap out at however you then use the Artefact to essentially have unlimited power. I've not actually seen what the power looks like to distinguish your Guardian is above 960.

@techno you got any screenshots of it to share mate?

No I believe it was a more console video and where your gaurdians power is it just had 1016

I got as far as the Warmind missions before dropping. I've jumped back in again recently. Not sure if to go for this and whether to go PC or PS4. I have too many other games I enjoy playing, to be able to dedicate to the grind, so will see.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've just seen that power level is being scaled up to 750 and level is being removed.

So, I haven't played for two years since finishing the campaign and all the adventure content so if I pick up my old (lvl 20) character from where I left off, what content am I likely to see on the map?  I don't have time to start a new character and wouldn't fancy doing the vanilla missions again anyway. 

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I got as far as the Warmind missions before dropping. I've jumped back in again recently. Not sure if to go for this and whether to go PC or PS4. I have too many other games I enjoy playing, to be able to dedicate to the grind, so will see.

Here's the deal tbh. There's no need to sacrifice your life to grinding away for Power. You will automatically be drawn to it but the entire free stuff would keep you busy separately if you want to try out all the different gamemodes. Clearly the regulars will be wanting to get into the Moon and new content but whats great is we can play all the other stuff now with everyone else - and more importantly help each other get certain awesome weapons and beat hard activities. For an example, you'll get the Menagerie for free, a 6 player activity which is slightly down from a raid, however we played it on Heroic difficulty where the whole team can't wipe and it was one of the hardest things i've ever done. Great thing is though you can take your time, no revive timer and makes for some real clutch moments.

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've just seen that power level is being scaled up to 750 and level is being removed.

So, I haven't played for two years since finishing the campaign and all the adventure content so if I pick up my old (lvl 20) character from where I left off, what content am I likely to see on the map?  I don't have time to start a new character and wouldn't fancy doing the vanilla missions again anyway. 

You don't have to do the stuff you've already done if you don't want to. Basically its in the first picture in the OP but all you've done is small box - Red War campaign. You could:

IMG_20190926_215426.jpg

• Do more story
    • Curse of Osiris DLC (not great story but nice grind for some osiris weapons and an awesome Search for Saint-14 quest with it)
    • Warmind DLC (One of the best search and find treasure games with finding music boxes and some exotic quests too. Better story than Osiris DLC
  • Forges with 2 others to get some of the best weapons. 3 rounds of beating PvE enemies, ways to get some tasty exotics. Can reroll some great guns. Pulse Rifle is decent, machine gun is in the top heavies to own. Also has a rare Shotgun that is the one to own (Threat Level - i still haven't got it yet)
  • Gambit Prime aswell as Gambit. This is so different to any PvP game i've ever played. Really mixes it up and if you love PvE makes you want to play it with the twist of screwing up someone elses game by going to the other teams realm and killing their team.
    • Linked to Reckoning when you play Prime. Another different PvE activity. Against a clock, quite challenging enemies, 3 tiers. Make your way through different sections that you need to be work well with your 4-man team. Lots of supers, lots of shit everywhere. Good fun. Also you do this to get themed gear sets for Gambit Prime so you get further boosts and perks in Gambit Prime. I have a whole set that looks like Master Chief in Halo.
  • Menagerie is one of the best 6 player activities they've created. Matchmade, can't really fail it unless you play Heroic. Guaranteed way to roll specific loot you want.
    • Also should be to do the tribute hall i imagine. Like a shooting range but also hunt for triumphs. Not sure if you can access it as its Year 2, but Bad Juju exotic pulse rifle is obtain through here.
  • Leviathan Raid. If you don't usually run raids it can be quite time consuming but fun when you nail a section. Massive space and needs a co-ordinated team. Not as good as D1 raids but still worthwhile completing for the challenge part
  • Nightfall Specific Loot
  • All Pinnacle Legendary weapons to chase through quests in
    • Crucible
    • Strikes (Vanguard)
    • Gambit

Oh, you can also roam every single destination, even if you can't do some of the quests, adventures, missions, etc that are there. I think thats pretty cool as you can experience the world doing public events and hopefully try one of the seasons if you fancy it.

So, yeah theres some stuff left to do on the map 😄

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

If you did only the vanilla there will be tons to do. I will say though it’s worth getting forsaken though. The story was done very well. 

So here’s the gist of it, CoO sucked. By far the worst DLC ever. Hated all of it. 

I really liked the Warmind DLC though. Good story. I like the lore that’s tied to Rasputin so it grabbed me a little 

The Black Armory was really fun once however the grind to the Black Armory was a bit much. Liked a lot of the weapons and enjoy the forges. 

The Menagerie however is some of the most fun I’ve had in Destiny. Think of it a mini raids. You will have up to five, I think, encounters. All like little raid bosses. You’re able to select what loot you want. From armor to weapons. It was so well done and fun. I really hope they continue to add new things into the menagerie to keep it fresh. 

Gambit it is fun,especially with a group. I’ll play it just to fuck about and do quest or bounties. 

Cheers guys! I believe Forsaken isn't quite ready on PC yet as they've had migration issues with that specific content so I will probably do CoO and Warmind material and do things in order among the other stuff. Sounds a lot more fleshed out than what it was right at the start so I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed and improved. If it's enjoyable and I can commit myself, I will definitely pick up Shadowkeep. Moon was great in Destiny 1 albeit a bit basic and I've heard there's plenty to do in the new campaign with it also being some of the most challenging gameplay to date in the series. 

3 hours ago, Shucker said:

I'm all in <pushes chips to middle of the table> but am starting off on PC only since I was able to save about $10 bucks on it. Figured there's a ton of solo play I'll need to do anyway.

Will get Shadowkeep on PS4 in a week or so. I've been spending money left, right and centre since I moved back to Canada and figured I'd give the old credit card - and the wife - a bit of a break. 

Didn’t realise you’d moved abroad...permanent? Your profile says Ramsgate, Kent 😂😂

10 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Oh, good question! It'd be worth it to me if I didn't have to keep the disc in at all times. Lemme know if it ends up letting you go fully digital.

Well, I don't want to delete stuff if it fucks up the game. 

And Destiny servers are apparently at full capacity 🙄

Just got kicked from the game. 

I had a 25 minute wait to get in but it was pretty plain sailing minus a few connection issues which only resulted in one respawn. The servers did begin to worse so I quit for the night. Took a bit of time to get into the swing of things but I believe I've started on the Warmind content on Mars

8FD249C7B5556967AF9DEBD1235AAE1B1F3A99AA

2 quests and 2 adventures done with 2 more of the latter and a couple of strikes available next I think. 

Yeah, the servers have took a battering. Looks like emergency checks happening with servers turned off. @TigerBurge and me managed to stay onsnot fast travel anywhere so got play the Moon for a little while longer but it really needs a night to sort out how unstable it is.

Fingers crossed all will be fine tomorrow.

Nice though to see a ton of people here trying to get on. I think at one stage i was aware of 15 FGers trying to get on the PS4.

I just realised you can actually visit the moon even without owning the Shadowkeep DLC - you can play the intro mission and explore the entire thing but of course, if you want the content, gotta buy the expansion. They done a really good job and rejuvenating this from the original Destiny - much more impressive and satisfying than Mercury with CoO. 

FEA0E5E2935F42A37B3D79BF4B9DABF79F37F9BF

C70A2701C3AEFF7BC73FA4DF9807529D9EFD756F

3C434AB33FE59A2FEE63A6966E1EC8D801F7A541