The netcode for this game is worse than BO4.

MrBiron

Summary

• Fully Dedicated Servers, no sign of Listen Servers (COD has never used P2P)

• VOIP (Game Chat) continues to expose player IPs

• In-game latency widget is inaccurate

• No HUD indicators for network performance issues

• Update (Tick) Rates:

• Small/Medium Team Modes: ~64Hz Client / ~62Hz Server

• Large Team Modes: ~70Hz Client / ~24Hz Server

• Average Delays - Small/Medium Team Modes:

• Damage: ~99ms

• Gunfire: ~106ms

• Movement: ~110ms

• Overall bad, on-par with Black Ops 4's Blackout mode

• Average Delays - Large Team Modes:

• Damage: ~136ms

• Gunfire: ~152ms

• Movement: ~156ms

• Overall bad, worse than Black Ops 4's Blackout mode

• verage network delay for 6v6 and 10v10 are worse than Black Ops 4, Fortnite, PUBG, Battlefield V, Overwatch, and CSGO. Ground War (32v32) average network delay is also worse than Blackout.

• 62hz tick rates on Domination (both 6v6 and 10v10) and 21hz tick rate servers for Ground War.

• Devs still don't include some kind of icon like Battlefield, Rocket League, or IIRC Overwatch to let you know if there's server/connection issues.

• Like players on /r/ModernWarfare pointed out, the ping numbers shown on PC were in fact broken.

• All the games he played on were true dedicated servers. Voice chat was VOIP in the background though, which allowed you to see the IP addresses of everyone in the game (even if you disabled the voice chat).

• Connections favored the shooter. So shooting felt good, but often times the person being shot at would experience those instances where they felt like they would die instantaneously or after they had already gotten behind cover.

Taken from here https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d9faiu/cod_modern_warfare_beta_netcode_worse_than_black/

This explains why I had such a horrible experience with this game.

fart.gif

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Summary

• Fully Dedicated Servers, no sign of Listen Servers (COD has never used P2P)

• VOIP (Game Chat) continues to expose player IPs

• In-game latency widget is inaccurate

• No HUD indicators for network performance issues

• Update (Tick) Rates:

• Small/Medium Team Modes: ~64Hz Client / ~62Hz Server

• Large Team Modes: ~70Hz Client / ~24Hz Server

• Average Delays - Small/Medium Team Modes:

• Damage: ~99ms

• Gunfire: ~106ms

• Movement: ~110ms

• Overall bad, on-par with Black Ops 4's Blackout mode

• Average Delays - Large Team Modes:

• Damage: ~136ms

• Gunfire: ~152ms

• Movement: ~156ms

• Overall bad, worse than Black Ops 4's Blackout mode

• verage network delay for 6v6 and 10v10 are worse than Black Ops 4, Fortnite, PUBG, Battlefield V, Overwatch, and CSGO. Ground War (32v32) average network delay is also worse than Blackout.

• 62hz tick rates on Domination (both 6v6 and 10v10) and 21hz tick rate servers for Ground War.

• Devs still don't include some kind of icon like Battlefield, Rocket League, or IIRC Overwatch to let you know if there's server/connection issues.

• Like players on /r/ModernWarfare pointed out, the ping numbers shown on PC were in fact broken.

• All the games he played on were true dedicated servers. Voice chat was VOIP in the background though, which allowed you to see the IP addresses of everyone in the game (even if you disabled the voice chat).

• Connections favored the shooter. So shooting felt good, but often times the person being shot at would experience those instances where they felt like they would die instantaneously or after they had already gotten behind cover.

Taken from here https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d9faiu/cod_modern_warfare_beta_netcode_worse_than_black/

This explains why I had such a horrible experience with this game.

I dont get why I had a good experience in the same beta then? Unless CoD just doesn't like Leeds, which is understandable as you live there 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I didn't actually feel this as bad as I did with Black Ops 4 for some reason. I think that may have been slightly masked with the quick TTK whereas it was more noticeable with BO4 and it's bullet-spongy battles.  At least the beta this time will be the same as the final version unlike last years cheapsake bait and switch by Activision. 

33 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I dont get why I had a good experience in the same beta then? Unless CoD just doesn't like Leeds, which is understandable as you live there 😄

Because you weren’t looking to hate it amd don’t complain about everything 

Because you weren’t looking to hate it amd don’t complain about everything 
I don't want to hate it. I'm actually a massive COD fan. But the series has just been going down the shitter. And I was hoping this game would be a return to form.

Via the FG App

fart.gif

It's pretty much a brand new game, one would imagine they needed a beta so they could look at net code under pressure and sort it prior to release. It should not be a stretch to imagine that they want to release a good game that works. It's a make it break game for COD for many ppl and they know it.

Plus, dedicated servers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I don't want to hate it. I'm actually a massive COD fan. But the series has just been going down the shitter. And I was hoping this game would be a return to form.

Via the FG App

The thing to remember is that it was a beta. Plus doing cross play for the first time. There’s going to be some growing pains with any game that’s making changes like this. I’m not a CoD fanboy but even with its issues I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Ready to see the full game. 

2 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

The vast majority of the issues in the beta will still be there in the full game. I'd bet actual real world money on that. The game we played will have been basically the finished product as the game is out in a month.

I actually agree with you, these days nearly every game has issues at launch and will always need a patch or two to stabilise the game.

However, I don't think it'll have major issues, just a bunch of tweaks to happen. This beta showed that it's in a pretty decent state considering the pap we've seen in other game betas.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb