Activision have really fucked it with this game now.

MrBiron

First we had the news that the Spec Ops Survival mode is exclusive to PS4 for A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR.

And now there is news that Supply Drops will have weapons in them and they've actually ditched a Scrap scheme similar to what was in MW Remastered 

So now people are really fucking pissed off with Activision. They seem to have killed any hype that people had about this game.

fart.gif

It's no real surprise. They were hardly going to turn their backs on a system that makes over $1bn every 6 months.  This format has been going on since Advanced Warfare back in 2014 and it will continue until widespread regional legislation puts a stop to it. It's always been a question of how and not whether Activision will ruin a game. 

Community plays beta: Activision have made a good CoD, one that brings back the ‘old’ CoD feeling but with new ideas and maps too.  This could be the rebirth of CoD if Activision don’t fuck it up.

Activision: Hold my beer.

I had pre ordered to get the extra days on the beta.  We all knew something like this was coming but I was tempted to leave my pre order in place as I did overall enjoy the beta and I though (hoped) they had learned from the mistakes of previous CoD’s.

It seems their decision wasn’t to back off on the loot boxes but to push them even further.  So nope, I’m done, pre order has been cancelled.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

All the DLC is free. No season pass. No paid DLC. 

My my issue with all of this was people who bought season passes should of gotten weapons in the DLC guaranteed. Shouldn’t of had to get them

out of loot boxes. 

I really wish they wouldn’t do weapons in loot boxes but until the community stops buying them they will always be there or the government steps up and regulates them 

20 hours ago, Greboth said:

Community plays beta: Activision have made a good CoD, one that brings back the ‘old’ CoD feeling but with new ideas and maps too.  This could be the rebirth of CoD if Activision don’t fuck it up.

Activision: Hold my beer.

I had pre ordered to get the extra days on the beta.  We all knew something like this was coming but I was tempted to leave my pre order in place as I did overall enjoy the beta and I though (hoped) they had learned from the mistakes of previous CoD’s.

It seems their decision wasn’t to back off on the loot boxes but to push them even further.  So nope, I’m done, pre order has been cancelled.

Agreed but its not gonna stop me getting the game. As @TigerBurge says, dont buy loot boxes. Like everyone. I dont understand why anyone would waste money on them.

15 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Only 1 thing and 1 thing only will stop loot boxes and that’s change the gambling laws

I dont know where the UK proceedings are but it'll like take a year or 2 to enforce it I'd imagine.

It's an utterly shitty move but that doesn't mean you can't buy the game - good idea getting it second hand though @MrBiron, just don't think I can wait that long 😄

16 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

All the DLC is free. No season pass. No paid DLC. 

They will probably be selling weapons direct in droves this time to cover losses from that aspect. People have proved they are happy to spend 50% of the value of a game on a useless melee weapon previously to I'm guessing they will have an in-game store with stacks of weapons and attachments. The Gunsmith alone will probably be an absolute goldmine for personalisation. I can see them flogging 'rare' optics for a tenner a piece. 

We see the gunsmith as a cool new feature but they probably see it as more easy money. 

@GazzaGarratt After year on year of them getting more insidious I think it’s time to draw the line and not support them at all.  Obviously not buying loot boxes is one way to do it but even just buying the game is supporting these practices.

Like Biron, I might pick it up second hand but there is no way I will be buying it new.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

@GazzaGarratt After year on year of them getting more insidious I think it’s time to draw the line and not support them at all.  Obviously not buying loot boxes is one way to do it but even just buying the game is supporting these practices.

Like Biron, I might pick it up second hand but there is no way I will be buying it new.

That's fair enough but I'm not sure how money you'll actually save yourself as you know you'll want to be on it in the first week.

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They will probably be selling weapons direct in droves this time to cover losses from that aspect. People have proved they are happy to spend 50% of the value of a game on a useless melee weapon previously to I'm guessing they will have an in-game store with stacks of weapons and attachments. The Gunsmith alone will probably be an absolute goldmine for personalisation. I can see them flogging 'rare' optics for a tenner a piece. 

We see the gunsmith as a cool new feature but they probably see it as more easy money. 

And honestly I’m fine with that. Sell it directly not chance mechanics. Hell I may even buy one then but I’m doing doing loot boxes for weapons 

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's fair enough but I'm not sure how money you'll actually save yourself as you know you'll want to be on it in the first week.

It’s not about saving me money, it’s about not giving them any money.

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

And honestly I’m fine with that. Sell it directly not chance mechanics. Hell I may even buy one then but I’m doing doing loot boxes for weapons 

Yeah there's a difference between buying the actual item and buying a chance to get one.

19 hours ago, Greboth said:

It’s not about saving me money, it’s about not giving them any money.

We had this debate before (or I did anyway) on something else. I get the sentiment but unless you can start a wave of gamers not buying the game whatsoever, it really wont make a dent into Activision if you only don't buy the game.

I think a much better route would be to fly the flag for the loot box gambling law to be pushed through ASAP, like Tom @LordBaguette said.

Activi$ion won't stop making and publishing games anytime soon but through law changes and other initiatives, they are more likely to culturally change their business for the better. You'd hope anyway.

I know if only I don’t buy the game it won’t make a dent.  I’m not going to go out and try to start a movement either. However judging by comments on other forums/reddit I’m not the only one to have got to the end their rope regarding loot box practices.

IW have responded 

MW-CAMPAIGN-01.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Infinity Ward’s Studio Art Director has posted a post on the Modern Warfare subreddit today titled ‘A developer POV’ in regards to the...

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

IW have responded 

MW-CAMPAIGN-01.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Infinity Ward’s Studio Art Director has posted a post on the Modern Warfare subreddit today titled ‘A developer POV’ in regards to the...

Sounds promising. I can only imagine loot boxes but without guns which is middle ground. Then it's back to the telling the dumb people to stop buying them.