Modern Warfare Beta 2

J4MES OX4D

I really don’t get the camping complaint. Every single FPS game has “camping”, that’s nothing new or will ever change. Battlefield is by far the worse game ever for “camping” yet no one ever seems to point it out or care. 

I don’t care about it I’m CoD. I play how I want to play, mostly a medium pace as my reflexes are not what they once were. I will be quick to post up and let dumbasses run into my bullets. If you’re one of the people who continue to run into my bullets then you’re a fucking dumbass for continuous coming back to the same spot. As the famous words of a previous old forum member, Get Better. Holding a position or area,cutting off flank route and controlling an area isn’t camping. It’s playing smart and changing how the map will flow. Now hiding in a dark corner waiting for someone to walk through a door then yes you’re a douche bag. Guess what though. That person will still be there to hold my grenade or C4. Adapt and Conquer. 

5 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I might give it another try tonight though but I think my biggest gripe is the community. 

But that’s the problem with any and every PvP game, hell you can say the same thing about a lot of PvE games too. Destiny has a large amount of complete tools in it too. AFK strikes or elitism makes that game worse too. 

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

But that’s the problem with any and every PvP game, hell you can say the same thing about a lot of PvE games too. Destiny has a large amount of complete tools in it too. AFK strikes or elitism makes that game worse too. 

I still feel COD has the most, because of kdr and killstreaks. 

If you’re afk in Destiny you get kicked from the lobby. And maybe there's complete tools in crucible, but I don't play crucible. 

When I go on Reddit it's funny when somebody moans about this game and somebody say "it's just a beta! They'll fix X issue for launch!". No they fucking won't!

This game has been getting made for 3 years. They have testers who play this game every day. So shit like broken spawns will still be broken at launch.

fart.gif

I think his view on the spawns is correct: The game chooses a spawn point for you which is then fixed. You then go into that overhead view of the map and then zoom into your spawn point. If an enemy has moved near your spawn point in that time then you will still spawn there as the game won't pick another spot.

fart.gif

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCKED UP PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT FUCKING GAME AND IT'S FUCKING HEADGLITCHING FUCKING CAMPING FUCKING PLAYERS!!!

That is all.

Having a bad night there Greebs? 😄

46 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Having a bad night there Greebs? 😄

Just a little, was playing Domination on Hackney - 22 deaths!  And every single one of them was from someone sitting in a corner or you could see 3 pixels of their head above a box or window.

It’s a shame really as, apart from a few matches, I had enjoyed this CoD but a match like that does sour it.  I must have ended up one of @MrBiron lobbies by mistake  😆

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Just a little, was playing Domination on Hackney - 22 deaths!  And every single one of them was from someone sitting in a corner or you could see 3 pixels of their head above a box or window.

It’s a shame really as, apart from a few matches, I had enjoyed this CoD but a match like that does sour it.  I must have ended up one of [mention=1460]MrBiron[/mention] lobbies by mistake  [emoji38]
Next time you're in Hackney, pay the tax[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

52 minutes ago, techno said:

See, this is how I’ve felt about every game since MW3. With the exception of Ghost. People like different things, there’s a whole lot of you on here who used to love Bo2. Meanwhile I hated it’s guts. I actually enjoy this game so far, I’ve raged once and that was a game I went 1-24. Maybe it’s just that I’ve stopped caring as much as I used to, but I don’t get worked up over cod anymore when I do shit, I’ll just change up my style of play buckle down and keep going.

1 hour ago, ChaosGladiator said:

See, this is how I’ve felt about every game since MW3. With the exception of Ghost. People like different things, there’s a whole lot of you on here who used to love Bo2. Meanwhile I hated it’s guts. I actually enjoy this game so far, I’ve raged once and that was a game I went 1-24. Maybe it’s just that I’ve stopped caring as much as I used to, but I don’t get worked up over cod anymore when I do shit, I’ll just change up my style of play buckle down and keep going.

This right here. I just don’t take it that serious. I have fun,enjoy teaming up and shooting people. Have some laughs. I’ll do some challenges. 

I thought the beta beta ran pretty well. Yeah the spawns completely suck on TDM. I really enjoyed ground war. I’m looking forward to the full release 

With the beta coming to a close, I think Modern Warfare is a promising game that takes some serious adjusting to.  Whilst it does bring back a lot of old headaches from around a decade ago, it also does a lot of things very well that we haven't seen this gen.  The PC version I found to be very impressive and quite satisfying to play which almost felt like COD 4 at times.  The PS4 version was decent enough but felt somewhat dated on my ageing first gen system and had some horrendous post-processing effects which thankfully could be disabled on PC. 

I felt I adapted to the maps in the end and whilst matches seem faster than they initially appeared, I do think a couple are OTT design-wise although matches seem to flow pretty well even if they do appear very big. I never felt lost or starved for action.  Guns feel good and the gunsmith is a neat implementation and could make class customisation very detailed. Killstreaks seem fun once again but UAV spam seemed rife.  The interface could be better and I hope kill confirmed will return also. Crossplay is an excellent feature to have. 

I do fully understand why people don't like this game though. I have had a few matches where I was just not having fun whatsoever and frustrations were aplenty. The spawns need work and there were other things like bullet effects going through thick walls which looked trash. Annoying campers and terrible teammates were a stark reminder that the experience isn't always going to be enjoyable and with other small irritations, you have to ask yourself if you're willing to go through all that in the hope of having some enjoyment. 

On balance, I will probably get the game but it is way too early to gauge its potential long term appeal and overall quality. The campaign and special ops I am also interested in and it'll be nice to see what other maps are on offer.  Here is my final match of the beta going 27-10 on Grazna Raid Domination which was great fun:-

What's the thoughts on Ground War? It's cool they've tried to copy Battlefield with big maps, vehicles and 5 or 6 dom flags to capture, but the lack of destructive environment just means camping is aplenty

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Dan94 said:

What's the thoughts on Ground War? It's cool they've tried to copy Battlefield with big maps, vehicles and 5 or 6 dom flags to capture, but the lack of destructive environment just means camping is aplenty

It's a bit of a mess really. Seems like IW thought they'd just make a bigger map, add more players, add more flags and it would work like normal matches albeit bigger. 

The map is too small for 32v32 let alone 50v50. 16v16  or even 20v20 would be more appropriate. Matches are a clusterfuck and with no squad system that conquest has, there's no real strategy you can adopt apart from capture what you can when you can, or just camp kill in the hope the rest of your team tries to capture. Battlefield has gone to shit but Conquest has always been crafted very well with appropriately-sized maps and a gameplay system that keeps players focused and matches flowing thanks to squads and the leader system. You rarely see people camping for the sake of it in conquest because it's counterproductive to the team and doesn't achieve many kills. GW will probably be used for players looking to build easy killstreaks and having a fuckload of targets to use them on. It could be fun now and then but I think more will swerve it to avoid the inevitable frustrations. 

10 hours ago, Dan94 said:

My thoughts are I'll never play it, unless I get the game and it's tied to a challenge I may want to complete. The fact that there is no incentive to ptfo is a major issue.

11 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I liked to to be honest. I liked the squad spawn system or spawn on controlled points. It can be a bit chaotic but in a good way. Had a few nice games of it and had a few horrible ones. All in all I think they did well with it. It’s not Conquest but could be. Let’s remember this is their first do at something like this. If they had destruction like BF does then it would be on par as the movement and gun play of CoD is still superior to BF.