Modern Warfare Beta 2

J4MES OX4D

46 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

So PS4 players can play tonight too? I thought it was just a PC and Xbox beta

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

Yeah, always was that way. It was just PS4 master race people got an extra weekend 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Apparently you can switch your input device in-game so starting in a controller lobby, you can then use M+K immediately before the match loads. Big exploit that needs fixing. Thankfully this is at the beta stage but it shouldn't have got into the game regardless. Just hope there is a fix along locking out the modded controller cheaters. 

I tried a few games tonight and one thing I noticed was when a match loads; you seem to go straight to the countdown rather than the truck/helicopter drop off animation. Not sure if this is by intent as I haven’t read any patch notes but I prefer it this way over the OTT starts.

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Apparently you can switch your input device in-game so starting in a controller lobby, you can then use M+K immediately before the match loads. Big exploit that needs fixing. Thankfully this is at the beta stage but it shouldn't have got into the game regardless. Just hope there is a fix along locking out the modded controller cheaters. 

It’s not a bug. It’s intentional. They are just testing the servers. Exactly what they should do in the beta. 

2011443F-BA74-43EF-AFAD-6F46291C8D80.jpeg

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

It’s not a bug. It’s intentional. They are just testing the servers. Exactly what they should do in the beta. 

2011443F-BA74-43EF-AFAD-6F46291C8D80.jpeg

That’s kinda dumb as it defeats the entire purpose of the very thing they are trying to prevent. It wouldn’t surprise me if they have no idea how to fix this but don’t want to harm preorder sales. It also gives input-riggers an additional window of opportunity to develop against any plugging. 

Very weird indeed. 

*EDIT

I’ve just checked and it is a bug. Players can switch their input in-game during the beta but they are NOT supposed to be allowed before and during a match to do this as it makes input-based matchmaking completely redundant. That means users on PC with a gamepad could get into a controller lobby, unplug on the loading screen and then tear with the mouse/keyboard against everyone else with a pad. Console users that have a M+K setup can do the same. 

Don’t think think the beta exists to test essential features with them disabled. The community were expecting reassurances right off the bat that input-rigging would not exist when crossplay was enabled. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That’s kinda dumb as it defeats the entire purpose of the very thing they are trying to prevent. It wouldn’t surprise me if they have no idea how to fix this but don’t want to harm preorder sales. It also gives input-riggers an additional window of opportunity to develop against any plugging. 

Very weird indeed. 

*EDIT

I’ve just checked and it is a bug. Players can switch their input in-game during the beta but they are NOT supposed to be allowed before and during a match to do this as it makes input-based matchmaking completely redundant. That means users on PC with a gamepad could get into a controller lobby, unplug on the loading screen and then tear with the mouse/keyboard against everyone else with a pad. Console users that have a M+K setup can do the same. 

Don’t think think the beta exists to test essential features with them disabled. The community were expecting reassurances right off the bat that input-rigging would not exist when crossplay was enabled. 

Just read a tweet to say they have fixed the bug to stop people changing input devices during a match

I tried this fucking awful game again last night. And it was just as dreadful as it was the first weekend.

The maps are just shit. Complete mazes with far too many places for people to camp. The one called Gun Runner is decent. Hackney Turd is honestly one of the worst COD maps I've ever played one. I detested it from the first time I played it on it and still detest it now.

The spawn system! Aaaargh! It's like it's been purposely designed so you spawn next to enemy players. One match I got killed by somebody, spawn and got killed by them again and in the kill cam it actually showed me spawning right in front of them! On that fucking cave map I got killed and then spawned and died 4 times in a row in THE SAME FUCKING SPOT.

What annoys me the most is that there are constant UAVs in the air with no proper counter to them. Ghost isn't unlocked until level 13. Sure you can use a launcher on them but when you only have 2 rockets and they go up every 20 seconds then you're on to a loss straight away.

So I've deleted the beta and won't touch this piece of shit again.

fart.gif

10 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I tried this fucking awful game again last night. And it was just as dreadful as it was the first weekend.

The maps are just shit. Complete mazes with far too many places for people to camp. The one called Gun Runner is decent. Hackney Turd is honestly one of the worst COD maps I've ever played one. I detested it from the first time I played it on it and still detest it now.

The spawn system! Aaaargh! It's like it's been purposely designed so you spawn next to enemy players. One match I got killed by somebody, spawn and got killed by them again and in the kill cam it actually showed me spawning right in front of them! On that fucking cave map I got killed and then spawned and died 4 times in a row in THE SAME FUCKING SPOT.

What annoys me the most is that there are constant UAVs in the air with no proper counter to them. Ghost isn't unlocked until level 13. Sure you can use a launcher on them but when you only have 2 rockets and they go up every 20 seconds then you're on to a loss straight away.

So I've deleted the beta and won't touch this piece of shit again.

See you online tonight then. I'll bring a launcher to shoot down the UAVs, easy points. 

banlol.png

IT’S A FUCKING BETA 

Like seriously has any beta ever been great. By no means do I think it’s a perfect game. My god it’s light years better than the boost jumping bull shit that we’ve gotten in the past few years. Tons better than the last Blops. 

Connections are going to be dodgy especially with everyone trying it out and the whole thing with cross platform. 

Yea the spawns are bad. Once again, that’s a point of the beta. To iron thing out like this. 

3 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I've deleted it. I have no interest in playing it again.

Stop whining. Reinstall it. Get online. Spank noobs. Laugh. Cry. Drink. LOLs. Whatever.

See you online tonight.

banlol.png

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

It'll be this bad at launch. I would put money on it still being a massive dog turd at launch.

I really don't think it will be at all. Yeah, yeah, mr positive says that all the time - but this time it really does feel different.

Shame you get that, and I would agree with you on Spawns, however that's what a Beta is for so they can fix things like that ahead of launch.

Definitely doesn't feel like all the rest but enough to make you feel like it still is a CoD game.

Hilariously, the more I play the 2v2 mode, the more I enjoy it aswell. I also get to use different weapons and get better at them without being sniped off the map all the time.

Download it again. You honestly cant tell me this game will be shit when we're all on it together. An FG 10-man team wrecking the joint and having lolz. How is that not worth your money?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Download it again. You honestly cant tell me this game will be shit when we're all on it together. An FG 10-man team wrecking the joint and having lolz. How is that not worth your money?

I'll get the full game. But I'll buy on disc so if it's shit I can play the campaign and sell it afterwards. But there is no chance I'll download the beta again.

fart.gif