Modern Warfare Beta Impressions

GazzaGarratt

I really like it so far. It’s level capped at L10 for the beta and the quickplay MP are TDM and Domination. I think you can also choose Headquarters separately but haven’t tried that yet

TDM and Dom are 10 v 10 and the maps are big enough to take it. Movement is nice and smooth.

Initial reaction is 8/10..looks promising 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I really like it so far. It’s level capped at L10 for the beta and the quickplay MP are TDM and Domination. I think you can also choose Headquarters separately but haven’t tried that yet

TDM and Dom are 10 v 10 and the maps are big enough to take it. Movement is nice and smooth.

Initial reaction is 8/10..looks promising 
Agree with all this plus, my only real major concern, no mini map. Would be so much better with it imo, was something they didn't NEED to remove from the game...

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

So far I’m enjoying it. My only major complaint so far is the damn color scheme. My old eyes have trouble seeing I’m the brown and gray under tones. 

I really like like the movement. Very fluid. Feels like CoD but then it doesn’t at the same time. I think it plays a lot like MW2 than anything and that’s a good thing. 

I’m sure there will be some things I dislike but right now it’s a good change of pace 

I'll be getting on tomorrow night but I've watched a bit of footage and read some feedback and the lack of a consistent minimap seems to be a major issue. I think some community members used to 3 lane maps and running around are struggling with the flow and overall pace which is expected but the lack of a radar seems to be the key issue. 

For a better experience, turn off motion blur and film grain. 

Got stuck in last night ,I agree the gameplay is fast for old tired eyes but you soon get used to it, would be better if the level 10 cap was higher but all in all thoroughly enjoying it for a change ,got a bit annoyed at wall crawling and jet pacs etc as in previous cod games

Only had a quick go last night of Headquarters and then Dom.

Headquarters seemed a bit campy for a beta and theres some dark spaces where ppl can lurk.

In Dom, when I lay down on the middle of the B flag, the opposition didnt seem to notice me. Had a little killstreak going until I ran out of bullets.

Not enough bullets.

Don't give 2 fucks about a mini map.

Plays well on PS4 Pro but not the improvement I had hoped for. Will try it on PC when its available.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I love it. 

The gunplay is rock solid.

I think the gunsmith system will be pretty cool. 

I suck at the cruise missile. 

I really like 10v10 tdm, but I do hope they have a few smaller hectic style maps IW is famous for. 

Claymore ❤️

I do think a mini map would be nice mostly for figuring out where my teammates are and where the fuck I am. I’d be fine if they didn’t have red dots show up when people shoot. My fear is everyone has to run ghost because personal radar and uav will be up constantly. I’ve been shooting them down in the beta just because they are a huge advantage. 

Just a few quick thoughts. I hope to get more pt this weekend. I’m super optimistic about this being the game I was waiting for. Hopefully it is. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

After playing a good bit on Tuesday night for the most part my opinions are still the same. However I do have a few annoyances that I would like to point out. 

The mini map map need to come back. I don’t like how you can’t tell who your party members are. It makes it learning the maps difficult. 

I don’t like how kill streaks don’t stack. I went on a 15 kill streak while playing with @Jason and only earned a personal UAV,UAV and cruise missile. Needs to start over like in Blops. 

The color scheme still bothers me. Way to many browns. 

Spawns need adjusted l,I know they will this is the beta. 

Pros:

Really like the gunsmith. 

The gun gun sounds are amazing. 

The TTK  feels spot on. 

I like Ike the maps just wish they were easier to learn,see no mini map 

Minimap to be enabled on day 3 for testing 

BETA-MAPS-TOUT.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Infinity Ward has announced in their Modern Warfare Early Access Beta Day 2 Recap that they will be investigating the addition of the mini map...

It wont display enemy fire but at least you'll be able to see where your team mates are. 

After playing a good bit on Tuesday night for the most part my opinions are still the same. However I do have a few annoyances that I would like to point out. 

The mini map map need to come back. I don’t like how you can’t tell who your party members are. It makes it learning the maps difficult. 

I don’t like how kill streaks don’t stack. I went on a 15 kill streak while playing with [mention=35]Jason[/mention] and only earned a personal UAV,UAV and cruise missile. Needs to start over like in Blops. 

The color scheme still bothers me. Way to many browns. 

Spawns need adjusted l,I know they will this is the beta. 

Pros:
Really like the gunsmith. 

The gun gun sounds are amazing. 

The TTK  feels spot on. 

I like Ike the maps just wish they were easier to learn,see no mini map 
I think that's a good thing. Stops full parties being able to continously spam UAV's and Counter UAV's like in older cods

Mini map has to come back, it's great they've made the maps multi storey, added doors etc but you need a map at least to help with navigating the map and buildings. Agree with other posts too, seems very campy atm which tbh is probably down to the lack of mini map.

The aesthetics do look a bit weird in places. Visually the game looks great but at the same time it looks a bit drab in places. I also think there are a lot of post processing factors in play with film grain, motion blur and strong anti-aliasing - add that to the overall bleak pallet on some maps and it's feels a bit off.  It'll be interesting to see how it looks on snow and other terrain types. 

1 minute ago, Dan94 said:

I think that's a good thing. Stops full parties being able to continously spam UAV's and Counter UAV's like in older cods

Mini map has to come back, it's great they've made the maps multi storey, added doors etc but you need a map at least to help with navigating the map and buildings. Agree with other posts too, seems very campy atm which tbh is probably down to the lack of mini map.

It's coming back tonight😀

57 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

You obviously haven’t played the beta then. I’ve never seen so many UAVs 😉

I know one issue is there’s only like four kill streaks you can pick and that will change once people get to choose different streaks. Plus once you can use Ghost that will slow some of it down too. 

I don’t want streaks to count toward streaks. I think gun kills should always count towards them though. 

I am am a little worried about the perk that allows your streaks count toward your next one. That has never worked out well 

You obviously haven’t played the beta then. I’ve never seen so many UAVs [emoji6]

I know one issue is there’s only like four kill streaks you can pick and that will change once people get to choose different streaks. Plus once you can use Ghost that will slow some of it down too. 

I don’t want streaks to count toward streaks. I think gun kills should always count towards them though. 

I am am a little worried about the perk that allows your streaks count toward your next one. That has never worked out well 
What I mean is in previous cods where they cycle, teams would solely put the uav on and then every 3 kills get a uav because it was their only streak

I played a handful of matches this evening and it’s pretty good. You can really get a feel for the mechanics in this as opposed to the alpha where the maps were small and the environment was limited such as doors and places to mantle. Weapons feel great and the hit registry is decent.

I did find a couple of maps a bit too busy in terms of rooms, doors and overall assets but domination seems to function well on the ones available. I just hope matches flow well in the other modes on them as I don’t want a repeat of Ghosts where the maps were just too big and OTT for detail. 

The colour palette is quite drab and I’m not a fan of the post process effects such as film grain and motion blur. Thankfully those can be reduced and/or disabled but the strong anti-aliasing washes out the textures a bit too much and there’s even spots of chromatic aberration in play which is nasty especially on the train map.

I’m not a fan of the menu interface either - another truly bizarre colour scheme - sky blue on white and grey plus a very low detailed soldier walking through nowhere just looks a bit bland. Compared to the effort gone into the rest of the game, it seems a bit cheap. Some nice work on the killstreak page though.

I think the game has some promise and I like how you can get into matches quickly. It does seem quite dated on my first gen PS4 though but there’s clearly a great engine at work here and a lot of effort has gone in particularly with animations. I would like an option to disable the nav bar at the top but other than that, I’m gonna get a few games in tomorrow hopefully.

Really enjoyed the beta. This game went from a definite no, to a solid maybe. Really enjoyed the slowed down pace that came with it whilst keeping the fluidity of the movement. General audio was really good too and really gave a solid atmosphere to it. Gun mechanics is just standard COD but I dont think I expected anything else. 

Given the large party sizes for the games this could well be a winner as a communal game for us all. Looking forward to the beta again this weekend