Waypoints - Help Please

BO7H B4RRELS

I'm running a Minecraft server with a couple of friends.  We are on Multicraft Bukkit 1.8.7.  We are wanting to set up some waypoints, preferably though plugins; however, I'm open to using mods, just not as experienced installing them for a server.  Can anyone help me out?  Please.  

Thanks!!! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Way points in what sense? Simply as markers for your base / farms or do you want to teleport to them? Do you want to see them yourself or do you want to set them and everyone on the server see them?

I don't know of any way to set way points in vanilla MC, if you want to keep it vanilla I can only think of using command blocks with teleport commands.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I'd like for each person to be able to set a waypoint that they want.  One for home base, one for a farm, one for someone else's base, etc.  Then be able to teleport to them.  

I've never used command blocks or teleport commands.  Is it complicated?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Wasn't there a mod back in ye olde Tekkit days that would allow you to use waypoints completely client-side? I seem to recall something like that existing and nobody minded as it was 100% for your own info. Don't think they allowed teleporting though. 

banlol.png

5 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'd like for each person to be able to set a waypoint that they want.  One for home base, one for a farm, one for someone else's base, etc.  Then be able to teleport to them.  

I don’t know which one Greebs has put in ours but it’s literally bring up the map function, push a button to bring up waypoint function then set waypoint. To teleport, bringup map, select waypoint function and each waypoint has a teleport button. It’s as easy as that.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

7 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

You can't craft a command block or even get it from the creative menu so you need to use the give command /give @p minecraft:command_block will give you one command block.  Adding a number at the end will give you that amount so /give @p minecraft:command_block 64 will give you 64.  Place a command block and in the console command just type /tp @p then the co-ordinates so /tp @p 10 60 1200 for example.  The command block will need redstone to activate so place a button on it, pressure plate next to it etc. then when whoever actives the button/pressure plate will get teleported to those co-ordinates.  You said it is with your friends so it should be ok but still, a word of caution, command blocks are very powerful as they can run any game command very quickly.

As @Plumbers Crack mentions though, if you want to go down the mod route.  On our server we've been running the mod Journey Map.  The mod needs to be installed client and server side but only gives each client a map of where they've been and the ability to add waypoints and teleport to them.  I don't know how well Forge mods would work with Bukkit though - A quick google suggests not very well but it's only a map so it may still work or there may be a Bukkit version of it.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png