Gears (of War) 5

J4MES OX4D

Anyone picking this up? It's on Steam and the MS Game Pass. I enjoyed the series on the 360 but I'm not sure if the gameplay still holds up - it does look fantastic though as always. I had GoW4 which I got cheap but never bothered to play it because it was 130gb on PC thanks to the shitty windows store and their terrible file compression. This one is certainly getting decent reviews. 

Anyone picking this up? It's on Steam and the MS Game Pass. I enjoyed the series on the 360 but I'm not sure if the gameplay still holds up - it does look fantastic though as always. I had GoW4 which I got cheap but never bothered to play it because it was 130gb on PC thanks to the shitty windows store and their terrible file compression. This one is certainly getting decent reviews. 
Yep, I have the game pass and I've seen some good reviews

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I had a busy  weekend and then of course its never straight forward installing a game from MS Store.

Wouldn't install, threw  up an error code that doesn't exist and led me to google to find out that it might be because there was a Win 10 security patch waiting to download. There was. lol

Anyway, installed now and hopefully get on it later.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I had a busy  weekend and then of course its never straight forward installing a game from MS Store.

Wouldn't install, threw  up an error code that doesn't exist and led me to google to find out that it might be because there was a Win 10 security patch waiting to download. There was. lol

Anyway, installed now and hopefully get on it later.

I remember getting Gears of War 4 through the windows store, downloading about 80gb of the base game which was probably the biggest download I ever did back then. When I went to start the game, a 4mb update was required and every time I tried to install this, it failed. I tried all the standard fixes and even go through to Live support where they told me to reinstall the entire game - I said fuck that, I want my money back and thankfully got it. Even the MS support worker said himself that it was unreliable as fuck downloading from the Windows Store😂

Only had time for a quick play.

First thoughts.

Gorgeous game.
Feels slick (except the running, but I've always hated the running in GOW)
Did a benchmark and I'm running on a mixture of ultra and insane, averaging 100 frames.
Combat, well I'll come back to that, it's too early to judge but I prefer how the Division plays, is how I'm currently feeling.
Cant say too much else until I've a few hours under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I had a quick go at the bootcamp and everything feels and looks great. Cannot wait to get started! The optimisation seems solid and the options are vast. My only disappointment is the game has forced TAA and no other anti-aliasing options. I would've preferred a config option to disable it entirely as this adds a little blur. Still looks great though

C831EE4D20C935719A2EF83BD3974ACFAF7B5968