Interface Add-on

Misneach_

What's bits are wrong with the standard UI? Not that what you've shared is bad @Misneach_, just I come from a place where I play base games and never really modded games before.

Happy to try this out if its the one you guys use 👍

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What's bits are wrong with the standard UI? Not that what you've shared is bad @Misneach_, just I come from a place where I play base games and never really modded games before.

Happy to try this out if its the one you guys use 👍

There are literally thousands of mods and addons for WoW. None of them are "cheats", Blizz is shit hot on them, but they all enhance the game in some way, usually by simplification, categorization or organization of items. All they do is take info which is already in the client and format it to make it more accessible / visible /easier to understand. 

The ones I use for WoW retail (so no guarantee they'll be on Classic, we'll see) are:

Bagnon - organizes all your bags in to one nice big bag, also adds colours to items based on rarity, so greens get a green border, blues get blue borders, etc. I couldn't live without this one, it's always the first one I download. Always.

Auctioneer/Auctionator (pretty much the same thing) - Load it up, scan the auction house once, and it'll present you with a tooltip for every item in your bag showing loads of useful info, in particular vendor pricing and average auction price. This helps when out and about to decide if you want to keep stuff to sell, or vendor it without heading back to a main city.

Recount - This is for dungeons / raids. It'll show how much DPS every person is doing, as well as healing, damage done, activity, etc. This is hands down the most useful addon in dungeons. It'll help you with your rotations as you can click on your name and it'll show you a graph with every ability and how much damage it does. Invaluable, the gold standard of damage meters. You can also broadcast the numbers in any group you want (say, yell, party, guild, etc).

Questhelper - Been absolute yonks since I've used this one so it wouldn't surprise me if it's been replaced / surpassed. It helped with quests by placing an arrow on your screen showing where you had to go for certain objectives. Excellent stuff.

Gatherer - The more people in your guild who have this, the more powerful it is. Every time someone mines / herbs / skins / fishes something, it saves that data and can overlay all the points on a map, so if you're grinding mining for example you can load up the map, see where all the spawns are, and formulate a route.

Healbot - This is the healing addon of choice for me, it arranges all the people in your raid / dungeon in to a nice grid which shows their health, debuffs, etc. Each square in the grid is a clickable item which is a player in your group, so you can simply bind spells to various mouse buttons, mine when I was priesting was left click = flash heal, right click = heal, middle click = greater heal, shift left-click = power word: shield, etc. Sounds complicated but it's a game changer once you get the hang of it.

Tidy plates - Organises all the health bars of enemies around you, shows their debuffs, who's got aggro, etc. Coupled with the tanking addon Threat Plates, this will also show who's got threat on various mobs so you know who to taunt and who to intercept as a warrior. 

Of course none of these are mandatory and I highly recommend the new folks start with the game as vanilla as possible, you can always add the addons as you go.

17007-best-addons-for-wow-classic.jpg
WWW.WOWHEAD.COM

Addons are an important part of WoW's gameplay, demonstrating the dedication and passion of the community to the game. We prepared a list of addons that you can install ahead of time in your Classic client, so...

To download addons, you'll need to download the Twitch client and use that. I'll assplain tonight after some MW shenans. 

banlol.png