MW Gunfight PS4 Alpha August 23rd-25th

J4MES OX4D

Christ this Gunfight mode is fucking terrible. Very hard to get a feel for the game playing this. Maps are too small and there’s nothing very tactical or varied about it.

First gen PS4 really showing its age and the controls are clunky as fuck. It’s clearly optimised for mouse and keyboard rather than a pad which is probably why everyone was playing on PC’s during the IW event. 

A good tip right off the bat is to turn film grain and motion blur off as those retarded effects just put you at a disadvantage. Guns and animations seem very well done but I sure as hell wont be touching this mode if I do get the final game. 

59 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

James, do you think, as this is an Alpha release, this is something that can be “tweaked” before release or is it a bigger problem?

Some of the ‘issues’ I experienced are down to personal taste so other users may not feel the same. The mode, controls and it looking aged on my original PS4 aren’t things that can be magically patched sadly but someone else may not have issues with these problems. 

I think my experience will be totally different in the main multiplayer beta though - I just don’t think this mode is very good and the other things I would learn to live with if I got it on my old PS4. 

I wish there was a practice arena included as that would useful for a change.

I had a go this morning. Killed 4 blokes with an LMG (didn't pay attention, I was sleepy) then cycled to work, cunting off a fellow cyclist for going through a red light, happy days[emoji106][emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

When the alpha is finished, users are instructed to remove the file as the beta one next month will be different. Two key issues so far regarding frame drops on Pine and the film grain setting resetting itself is being investigated apparently. 

My best score so far is 15-5😎

Played a few more matches today and still don't like the mode but I think the gameplay in the main multiplayer will be very good indeed. Weapons are fantastic and they feel really good to use. Makes a change from the usual zero recoil fantasy shite that Treyarch give us. I'm still struggling to adapt to the controls especially when turning and mantling so I may have to tweak my sensitivity hopefully not at the expense of my ADS which seems fine. King is probably the only map I enjoy though - Pine has some nasty aesthetics where it's hard to spot enemies and Speedball looks nice but it's too open and predictable off the bat. Two more incoming including a night one. 

I had some go's tonight and boy the guns felt really cool to use. Way more realistic and kinda made me feel like they were inbetween Battlefield guns and Rainbow Six guns.

Game mode is purely for competitive players but I definitely enjoy the idea you can just jump in, get a game going and no need to think about classes as its randomised guns.

Pine was my favourite map then Docks following closely. Looked pretty smart too especially kill cams and how the enemy dies.

Positive start me thinks.

P.S. @Greboth and me tried to party up but i think it restricts you to just playing on your own.

Stack added 

CAEDD821-56D6-4D93-AF8B-110A01FB157D-102

More info about the new mode

MW-MP-TRAILER-SCREEN-066.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

Infinity Ward developers continue to be active on social platforms, including both Reddit and Twitter, talking about Call of Duty: Modern...

Was I being blind last night and not noticing or have they added another game mode? There’s now a mode where you start with no guns and pick them up off the floor.
I really liked that mode [emoji1362]

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2019 at 9:36 AM, Dan94 said:

First game. Pine. 8-3, we won 6-2 emoji41.png

Really like the feel of the guns. Recoil is a welcomed addition. Very realistic and the sound is superb also.

Recoil is probably what I'm liking about it too. It's been a nice taster and hope the guns feel the same in bigger more common gameplay.

The new gamemode seems a little weird though if it's just 2v2. You'll get people learning where the best guns spawn I imagine to go on to hammering teams. Who knows.