Modern Warfare Maps

J4MES OX4D

With many of the original Infinity Ward developers back at the studio working on the 2019 title, the philosophy of the past is coming back in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Infinity Ward’s Jeffery Smith:

"A lot of map design recently in CoD has been more symmetrical, and make the maps feel more like arena-based shooters. But going to Modern Warfare, we wanted to keep that realism, and whenever you start doing symmetrical layouts, it really starts throwing people’s brains off. Humans can pick up patterns really easily, and so to make this space feel real, you really have to hide those three lanes."

fart.gif

Them moving away from the typical 3 lane design is the best news I've heard in years in the franchise. Three lane maps severely limit playstyles and usually all play the same in terms of an twitchy arena shooter.  Most of these maps you couldn't even snipe as intended and had to quickscope. I'm looking forward to playing on a variety of maps with different sizes. It's going to be fun battling for key buildings and general spots again. The 3 lane design philosophy was becoming so outated and uninspired that we haven't had a memorable map since Black Ops 2 and I'm so glad Infinity Ward with their experience know what they are doing.