Guns don't kill, games do

METRO.CO.UK

Video games continue to be blamed for the recent spate of mass shootings in the U.S., despite no direct link between any of them.

Actually it's a world built on dog eat dog that kills people, but never mind that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sigh.

I'm not sure anyone here would defend any/all the points that the number of US politicians have been passing the buck to Video Games. I'd love to hear the facts if they had any.

Blame Dave Grossman, retired colonel, author, and fraudulent academic.  "Killology" was his invention and he gained fame through the books "on combat" and "on killing".  The problem is he went way outside his lane and made claims he has no research to back up.  He's usually the poster child for "researcher" who's linked video games with violence, though.

If the fucking media and politicians would stop making the shooters famous and giving big blocks of time to airing their agendas, we'd see a decline.  Girls who need fame make sex tapes.  Boys go kill some folks.  You can be the biggest loser nobody with zero voice and zero fucks given about you, but you go mass murder and suddenly you are famous and everybody wants to know what you believed and why.  You think other loser nobodies don't fucking notice that and crave the same attention?  Of course they do.   In the US you can use a gun, other nations you may have to use fire, a knife, or a vehicle, but it's a global problem because you become globally famous for 15 minutes.

Quit making these assholes folk heroes, watch the decline.  

Video games are the rock music of olden days. Asinine logic with zero numbers behind it. These games are played across the world yet we are the only country with this big of an issue. 
Yeah but like rock music, if you play the games backwards, Satan tells you to kill everyone. Maybe just listen to some Def Leppard and kill yourself instead.

As Doc says, the media play an important role, not the only role though. It's a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 hours ago, Docwagon said:

Blame Dave Grossman, retired colonel, author, and fraudulent academic.  "Killology" was his invention and he gained fame through the books "on combat" and "on killing".  The problem is he went way outside his lane and made claims he has no research to back up.  He's usually the poster child for "researcher" who's linked video games with violence, though.

If the fucking media and politicians would stop making the shooters famous and giving big blocks of time to airing their agendas, we'd see a decline.  Girls who need fame make sex tapes.  Boys go kill some folks.  You can be the biggest loser nobody with zero voice and zero fucks given about you, but you go mass murder and suddenly you are famous and everybody wants to know what you believed and why.  You think other loser nobodies don't fucking notice that and crave the same attention?  Of course they do.   In the US you can use a gun, other nations you may have to use fire, a knife, or a vehicle, but it's a global problem because you become globally famous for 15 minutes.

We live in a world that its all about social media now. Until governments install rules on what you can and can't publish/say then everyone will keep looking out for the next big incident to make some dollar, thus making the world spiral out of control.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:37 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

We live in a world that its all about social media now. Until governments install rules on what you can and can't publish/say then everyone will keep looking out for the next big incident to make some dollar, thus making the world spiral out of control.

I really don't think you want government sanctioned speech etc

The human race gets worse it seems as technology gets better 

14 hours ago, techno said:

I really don't think you want government sanctioned speech etc

The human race gets worse it seems as technology gets better 

Unfortunately I don't the Free Speech is better either though. No best fit answer these days. Someone will be offended somewhere down the line.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:49 PM, Docwagon said:

I agree. 

Another aspect is quite frankly the USA "worships" the gun.  I don't think I have ever seen anyone but a american on this board with real gun pictures, playing with real guns. Going out shooting things is seen as a fun thing to do. 

Canada I think ranks #7 in world in gun ownership per capita and has many of the same social problems that he USA does. It is adjacent to the USA and plays the same games., sees the same shows and watches the same movies.  We have had our mass shooting too, however they are extremely infrequent comparably speaking. So the problem is not owning, entertainment or social issues. 

Canada however requires licensing, training and background checks for gun ownership. The estimate is there there are 34 guns for every 100 persons which is a lot of firearms