FG'S BIGGEST ROAD TRIP EVaR OMG OMG OMG !!!!

Rightey-o then ladies and gentlemans, I've been floating this idea around lately and there seems to be a fair amount of interest, so I'm going to start making plans. The initial idea was to do it on 125s, we may stick to this idea, we may go a bit bigger, depends on what you lot want.

The idea is to have a road trip around Europe, anything from a week to two weeks, on bikes (motorbikes, not bicycles, we're not idiots).

This will be:

• Long
  • Tiring
  • Uncomfortable
  • Painful
  • Wet
  • Expensive
  • THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME

To put a few ideas and facts in writing:

• You will need a full UK or international motorcycle licence, regardless of what bike you use. 
  • We will likely be raising some bank for charity, charity/ies to be decided.
  • We will likely be doing a Youtube series.
  • We will likely be bringing on some of the Overclockers folks. I started a thread to gauge interest here.
  • We will likely be imposing a budget to keep things interesting, to be decided.
  • We will definitely require a support vehicle. @GazzaGarratt is keen but is time limited and also doesn't want to ride a bike, so he may end up driving. Kyla said she'll ride shotgun with him. If he can't make it we may need to rope someone else in, @Bluebear might be a good one. In the support vehicle/s we'll have tools, fuel, food, luggage, whatever. 
  • This will only happen in two years at minimum, so it gives everyone time to start saving, get their licences, save up for gear, and accommodation / fuel / spending money.

The route / time is also still yet to be decided, but the only two places I'd like to really visit are Rome (Kyla has been wanting to see Rome for ages, I don't know how bike friendly it is), and my mum here, in one of the most beautiful cities in Holland:

bSydP06.png

This is of course purely a wish, I am not expecting anything, but it'd be fucking awesome to ride past on whatever contraptions we end up going on. If it's not practical then we skip it, no biggie. And on that note, please can all those interested start listing destinations they'd like to go to, that way we can start formulating a route. @Stretch616 is also planning a large road trip in his camperfagon, so maybe we could tie the two together and meet up at a few places. @Misneach_ even said he might be interested, but it might make more sense for him to hire a bike.

I'll start compiling some resources, but please ask as many questions as you want / can, I'm going to make this happen one way or another so start saving!

Links:

HOW MUCH IS A MOTORCYCLE LICENCE?

motorbike-licence-teaser.png
WWW.CONFUSED.COM

Here's all you need to know to pass your bike test with flying colours.

I'll post up more as we go, but let's start off my formulating a route!

Cheerio!

banlol.png

I scare myself in a car so what could go wrong on a bike 🤣 There are some fantastic driving / riding roads in the Alps.  I can recommend some beautiful places round there like Lake Annecy, Sainte Foy etc. but I’m not sure they’re a place for a few young fellas on bikes 😂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1. Why do these items go in the Site Info section and not the meet up section?

2. I have a full m/c licence. It's old, tatty and pink. Nothing on God's earth would get me riding a bike again after ~40 odd years. Enjoy yourselves... I'll look at the pictures on FG or YT 😘👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

3 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

1. Why do these items go in the Site Info section and not the meet up section?

2. I have a full m/c licence. It's old, tatty and pink. Nothing on God's earth would get me riding a bike again after ~40 odd years. Enjoy yourselves... I'll look at the pictures on FG or YT 😘👍

1. You overestimate my ability to read.

2. Shirley you can tie this in with another holibobs or something? Maybe come along in a car for a part of it? You can rent in Europe cheaper than here, and we can meet up. Plenty options 😉

banlol.png

As of now I have spoken with the Mrs. and she is ok with it. As these things typically go once she realizes we are visiting nice place she gets bummed she isn’t included (mind you she wouldn’t be done for riding a bike and staying in cheap lodging). 

All this his being said it would be an awesome way to get across the pond, see you all, and make the most of it.

Great idea Dave and like you've mentioned I'm interested in coming if I can but all dictated by number of days and cost 👍

Totally would be in the car though if I am! Bikes and me just dont go! 😂😂

29 minutes ago, Capn_Underpants said:

ya'll need some motorcycles with some side cars on them for the people who don't wanna drive, but wanna experience the 'bike feel'. 😛

Then it's pillion or gtfo 😂