Datto and what's wrong a rant

techno

I think this is the first time I've disagreed with most of a Datto video. I remember watching it and hearing his disclaimer at the start that really it was a video that was made cos he tilted at Iron Banner. I think that's bang on.

Main problem is that it seems to be PC issues more than console but also, the super element to PvP Destiny is in its DNA. Dont get me wrong, I'd like to see a no supers, no abilities lobby but my prediction would be after a short while people will just go back to usual Quickplay/Iron Banner playlist.

I think if you're getting shat on by supers then it's likely you arent killing enough to build your super but also, why penalise people that have built their loadout and armour to reduce their supers to get more? That's good planning and grinding to get the right build of armour set.

Iron Banner was a joy last time out and I'd argue that most of us here have the best PvP time because it also brings us all together more. I never used any of the annoying builds he mentioned and got on just fine with winstreaks galore. Only a few losses on record and I ain't the best PvP player by a longshot either.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think this is the first time I've disagreed with most of a Datto video. I remember watching it and hearing his disclaimer at the start that really it was a video that was made cos he tilted at Iron Banner. I think that's bang on.

Main problem is that it seems to be PC issues more than console but also, the super element to PvP Destiny is in its DNA. Dont get me wrong, I'd like to see a no supers, no abilities lobby but my prediction would be after a short while people will just go back to usual Quickplay/Iron Banner playlist.

I think if you're getting shat on by supers then it's likely you arent killing enough to build your super but also, why penalise people that have built their loadout and armour to reduce their supers to get more? That's good planning and grinding to get the right build of armour set.

Iron Banner was a joy last time out and I'd argue that most of us here have the best PvP time because it also brings us all together more. I never used any of the annoying builds he mentioned and got on just fine with winstreaks galore. Only a few losses on record and I ain't the best PvP player by a longshot either.

Ive properly enjoyed iron banner and I agree supers are part of the game I think his problem and mine is they last too long you shouldn't die respawn and still have time to be chased down and killed again with the same super. In addition no way not ever should invisibility be in any PvP mode..never. 

I also mainly agreed with his views on comp the matchmaking is terrible.

Pve stuff ah whatevs if people work out cheeses and builds for such shit good on them.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, techno said:

Ive properly enjoyed iron banner and I agree supers are part of the game I think his problem and mine is they last too long you shouldn't die respawn and still have time to be chased down and killed again with the same super. In addition no way not ever should invisibility be in any PvP mode..never. 

I also mainly agreed with his views on comp the matchmaking is terrible.

Pve stuff ah whatevs if people work out cheeses and builds for such shit good on them.

I agree with supers shouldn't kill you twice.

I think the Comp mode matchmaking I think is a little bit of a red herring. If you're playing a Competitive game and its centered around a team of 4, you would expect people that group up and play together to do better. Its the same with Overwatch imo.

When we spoke the other night, I think we really should start trying to get back on to making a group up that are more than happy to play Competitive together, regardless how much they lose. I've had some amazing win streaks in Comp with @Bluebear Nick. Lets resurrect this and maybe you can nudge a few people to get them to join up.

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I agree with supers shouldn't kill you twice.

I think the Comp mode matchmaking I think is a little bit of a red herring. If you're playing a Competitive game and its centered around a team of 4, you would expect people that group up and play together to do better. Its the same with Overwatch imo.

When we spoke the other night, I think we really should start trying to get back on to making a group up that are more than happy to play Competitive together, regardless how much they lose. I've had some amazing win streaks in Comp with @Bluebear Nick. Lets resurrect this and maybe you can nudge a few people to get them to join up.

I talked to Nick and he agreed we need to try and do it as a group as we've also had some great runs before, solo it's such a lottery. I keep wanting to drop comp but it draws me in. I'd like to start off next season or shadowkeep and build an actual PvP weapon and armour specific loadout for comp if possible.